• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good I will get some of the Stamina Potion I wasted not being able to beat Lunatic. At least when he comes back I will have more time to strategize. Lacking a good archer and ranged mage did not help.

redcrayon

If lots of players gain access to Iote's shield, I think we'll see a lot more use of fliers in arena, they've been rather scared off by the prevalence of archers at the moment. With the archery vulnerability cancelled out, their manoeuvrability advantage on the maps with bridges, water features and mountains can be a big advantage, particularly for wyvern riders whose high defence suddenly makes them quite resistant to archers when the weakness is lost.

Mupod

Awesome, I could sure as hell use all that. I'll keep burning through stamina pots leveling people during the 1.5exp then. They didn't specify when we get it though.

If lots of players gain access to Iote's shield, I think we'll see a lot more use of fliers in arena, they've been rather scared off by the prevalence of archers at the moment. With the archery vulnerability cancelled out, their manoeuvrability advantage on the maps with
Bridges, water features and mountains can be a big advantage.

I don't have a Minerva but I'm curious what her stats would look like with Life and Death replaced by Iote's Shield. I already kinda don't fear archers though, thanks to Robin who is only going to get stronger once I fix him up with some Triangle Adept.

Weebos

Banned
Bleh, SF initially had the time wrong and I missed the 45 minute window because of it.

Oh well, he'll be back soon.

redcrayon

Awesome, I could sure as hell use all that. I'll keep burning through stamina pots leveling people during the 1.5exp then. They didn't specify when we get it though.

I don't have a Minerva but I'm curious what her stats would look like with Life and Death replaced by Iote's Shield. I already kinda don't fear archers though, thanks to Robin who is only going to get stronger once I fix him up with some Triangle Adept.
Sure, it's a bit like Sheena's ability to remove her weakness too though. While you might have the ability to take out archers/mages with other characters in an optimum setup, sometimes you don't get the option to get the matchups you want due to split deployment, enemy dancers, faster cavalry etc. It's fun considering the tradeoffs though- all-out attack at a cost of defence, or negating weakness at the cost of a skill slot. Fun stuff! :)

Sölf

ovqWMAq.jpg

Well. Okay game, I get your message.

So Navarre is the next Grand Battle.

I wonder if his map will be the same as was shown in the promo video for this game, pre-release.

Zafir

Bleh, SF initially had the time wrong and I missed the 45 minute window because of it.

Oh well, he'll be back soon.

I feel like these kind of problems is why it should be longer than an hour. Do it for a few hours at least...

(I also missed it because I got told the wrong time)

I feel like these kind of problems is why it should be longer than an hour. Do it for a few hours at least...

(I also missed it because I got told the wrong time)
I think it should of been longer too, but the reason why is was so short was because they were doing a Google Play livestream in Japan, and then they announced the results at the end.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yeah, this was for some japanese promo event, it wasn't even advertised in English. But luckily the game has a single distribution world wide, so we don't get left out on events even if they aren't aimed at us.

alcheim

Players who completed the lunatic event should get some extra reward. --maybe some sort of emblem whenever we fire up the game or something...

Ninferno

Glad to hear we got pass the threshold. Did my part, twice actually. Pretty thrilled that both my main and alt accounts are able to beat lunatic.

It was actually easier on my alt account as it has Hector.
m3_zpsaqboguyc.png

On my main account, my -HP Marth with rallied Def survived one hit from lance and one hit from axe with 1 HP left. He then teleported to safety and after that it was pretty much a cakewalk.
mich_zpsudiocd39.png

Having healers with Rehabilitate helped a great deal too.

ccbfan

The increase in feathers have finally given the game some goals to complete.

Working on 4*ing a lot of my characters while keeping 20K on hand for a 5*.

I have 0 blue 5*s and deciding between Sherena and Robin to 5*. Which is better?

Windforce

Then how do you pass on both Full Moon and Moonbow?

Actually had to inherit 2 Odins.

First one was a 3-star used to get the pre-reqs. Got Blarblade, New Moon, B Tomebreaker.

Second one was the 5-star, inherited then Blarblade+, Moonbow and B Tomebreaker 2.

ccbfan

WTF. What time period was this Michalis event. How long did this last?

It wasn't there last night and its not there now. Its gonna suck if this time period is the normal time for events.

ggx2ac

Finished the flier team tenth stratum quest. Just need to level up three heroes and I'll be able to get the cavalry and armoured versions done.

WTF. What time period was this Michalis event. How long did this last?

It wasn't there last night and its not there now. Its gonna suck if this time period is the normal time for events.

Michalis is still appearing on the 24th as said on the message board in-game. You haven't​ missed him.

kewlmyc

I'll do you one better.

I have Eirika. She already has both Rally Resistance and Rally Defense, but I'm using Res because I also have Ninian with Fortify Defense. All of that adds up on Gronnblade for a total of 17 bonus damage. I'm also working on getting Nino Fury and Desperation.

With Ninian's dancing fully buffed Nino can disintegrate two units a turn.

My Nino is +Spd -Res btw.

+Spd -Def here

I figure Life and death work since she's already made of glass. Nino's purpose is not to get hit. Though, if Fury is better, I'll probably switch it out at some point.

Skikkiks

Didn't know about the early bird event but I handily swept the Michalis event with my flying team (Palla, Cherche, Cordelia, Catria)

After a failed attempt I had to swap out Cordelia with Maria on Lunatic to turn all those buffs Michalis gets into debuffs but beyond that it was much easier than the other ones.

Anastasis

For the special (now gone, soon to return) map:

Is there some way to cancel the drag on the blue flyer? I kept going left initially but with Minerva tanking the blue which dragged her back each time.

I switched to her flyer buff and might have had Olivia next to her, I can't remember, but she didn't get dragged and made the map so much easier.

For the special (now gone, soon to return) map:

Is there some way to cancel the drag on the blue flyer? I kept going left initially but with Minerva tanking the blue which dragged her back each time.

I switched to her flyer buff and might have had Olivia next to her, I can't remember, but she didn't get dragged and made the map so much easier.

You won't get dragged if you kill the dragger in the same round. I used that duringmy normal run to kill the horse and lance flyer on the right.

Actually, this grand hero battle was pretty easy. Walked in for normal with 4* Tharja, 5* Erika, 4* Kagero and 5* Cordelia (meant to swap out Tharja for Nino, but I got booting and had to re-load and the change didn't save). Sent Cordelia up the right side, just on the edge of range. She ended up killing both the Cav and lance flyer (thank you quick reposte) and everyone else went left to clear things out.

Hard was a bit harder. Got Nino this time, went left and kill the blue lance, then repositioned (best movement skill) Nino behind Erika to tank Michie. Had Cordelia hang around this time, so when the flyers went south her and Kagero killing the blue lance, Nino nuked Michie and the red flyer suicided on Cordie. The red cav circled around the top during this, so I sent Cordelia to meet him and I was done. 7 minutes between both of them. Wasn't even late for work.

I will say that you could have done this with a lot less though. A 4* blade tome user + a decent buffer would probably be just as effective, especially since Kagero did almost nothing for me on this map. Could have replaced Erika with Selena (Or any reposition bot) and Kagero with a buffer (Hone + rally, so Sharena) and had just as good of a time. Cordelia makes things easier, but you could probably sub her for another unit without too much loss. The key here was being able to nuke the top left lancer, then the flyers that go south. Your red can Tank Michie all day.

Mupod

for some reason I assumed we'd get a paralogue/xenologue today. I should look into the actual pattern of how those have been appearing.

Anastasis

You won't get dragged if you kill the dragger in the same round. I used that duringmy normal run to kill the horse and lance flyer on the right.

Actually, this grand hero battle was pretty easy. Walked in for normal with 4* Tharja, 5* Erika, 4* Kagero and 5* Cordelia (meant to swap out Tharja for Nino, but I got booting and had to re-load and the change didn't save). Sent Cordelia up the right side, just on the edge of range. She ended up killing both the Cav and lance flyer (thank you quick reposte) and everyone else went left to clear things out.

Hard was a bit harder. Got Nino this time, went left and kill the blue lance, then repositioned (best movement skill) Nino behind Erika to tank Michie. Had Cordelia hang around this time, so when the flyers went south her and Kagero killing the blue lance, Nino nuked Michie and the red flyer suicided on Cordie. The red cav circled around the top during this, so I sent Cordelia to meet him and I was done. 7 minutes between both of them. Wasn't even late for work.

I will say that you could have done this with a lot less though. A 4* blade tome user + a decent buffer would probably be just as effective, especially since Kagero did almost nothing for me on this map. Could have replaced Erika with Selena (Or any reposition bot) and Kagero with a buffer (Hone + rally, so Sharena) and had just as good of a time. Cordelia makes things easier, but you could probably sub her for another unit without too much loss. The key here was being able to nuke the top left lancer, then the flyers that go south. Your red can Tank Michie all day.

Maybe that's what happened. Olivia's attack boost probably let me tank and kill the blue.

Pejo

Yyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssssssss got Ninian finally. I have an entire sea of Donnel Sully and Odin, but I finally got a blue fucking dancer. Hellllll yessssss.

What's the "best" inherited skill(s) for her?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom