• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is it time to revisit our NeoGAF profile pages?

didn't even realize we had a friend system

i wonder what the web 3.5 neogaf client is going to look like, with streaming hooks and discord in-lays

premium sub for bringing your gif avatar back

There was a thread a while back were a bunch of us discovered the friend feature and I added a bunch of people from then. It's useless, but I still kinda like it.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
There's a bunch of buttmad banned babies who will so they can harass you on other platforms. I used to get spammed with shock sites until I removed the details.

Funny thing is they were spamming babbies first shock sites as if I didn't grow up in the era of Internet edginess.

Only members can see your profile. Banned and nonmembers cant.

Only members can see your profile. Banned and nonmembers cant.
Really? Interesting. I got a message and a friend request from Ishida (banned member) a month ago on PSN. I never showed my PSN ID in a post but it is on my NeoGAF Profile.

Not that's there anything wrong with Ishida messaging me!

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Really? Interesting. I got a message and a friend request from Ishida (banned member) a month ago on PSN. I never showed my PSN ID in a post but it is on my NeoGAF Profile.

Not that's there anything wrong with Ishida messaging me!
Alt-accounts exist. Also banned members communicating with non-banned.

Or they have NeoGAF Gold which gives unrestricted access even when banned. Its why you so often see posts by people even though they're banned.

I probably shouldn't be telling you that, part of the NDA for GAFGOLD. If you see this post and Im banned, it means duckroll got to me. I can still see your profile tho

didn't even realize we had a friend system

i wonder what the web 3.5 neogaf client is going to look like, with streaming hooks and discord in-lays

premium sub for bringing your gif avatar back

There's one dude with a Canadian flag or something avatar that animates on mobile. It's weird.

Bronetta

Seriously, dont insult Canada.

Thank you.

Bronetta

Avatar pictures tell me everything I need to know.

DuRzjcx.gif

inner-G

Banned
Evilore talked a few times about replacing the GAF forum software completely since it's supposedly a mess after all the custom modifications.

Probably they won't care about changing much until then.
Bring back smilies!

:lol :lol :lol

daTRUballin

Maybe also update the site to give you notifications when people reply to your post and quote you as well.

THIS AINT 2005 ANYMORE GAF

Pretty sure I've seen Evilore mention recently that this feature will be back at some point. I've always wanted this too.

Since we're kn the subject of the forum itself, does anyone know what happened to the feature that allowed you to check where you've been quoted? I found this really useful, a sometimes this forum moves so fast that I'll post in a thread and never go back to it, therefore not responding to someone that may have quoted me.

We'll be err... eventually migrating to a new forum software, so a lot of interface improvements should happen when that actually hits. We are very aware that stuff is outdated and some things are pointless. Lol. Not sure if anyone actually uses profile info though, but what I really wonder is how many people use the FRIEND feature. I know I don't, and whenever I see a friend request on GAF when I check my User CP once every decade, I just laugh.

:(

noomi

I didn't think anyone actually even used the profile pages...

I do have mine filled out though... for uh... completion?

Additional fee for Platinum sub with animated avatars.

Animated avatars are the future of bill paying!

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
We'll be err... eventually migrating to a new forum software, so a lot of interface improvements should happen when that actually hits. We are very aware that stuff is outdated and some things are pointless. Lol. Not sure if anyone actually uses profile info though, but what I really wonder is how many people use the FRIEND feature. I know I don't, and whenever I see a friend request on GAF when I check my User CP once every decade, I just laugh.

Mobile GAF receiving any updates along with this migration?
It's functional but very iOS 6-levels of technology™.

development on GAF seems dead anyway, there are still major features missing from mobileGAF. i don't think that has been touched once since it launched.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Does that guy with the waving Canadian flag avatar pay you guys? Sounds like someone owes you money.

He dissed the true North in front of Canadian mod.

maxcriden

Maybe also update the site to give you notifications when people reply to your post and quote you as well.

THIS AINT 2005 ANYMORE GAF

Just search your username and click "show posts." It's only a tiny bit more work but it works great. (Unless you are Not or old.)

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
People actually fill out the profiles?

I never look. I should see if I got bored once and did my own.

rrs

will there be a skin that emulates the current dark theme so I can pretend it's still the mid 2000's, when web devs haven't got whitespace fever

Malyse

Oh.
Okay.

From what I hear about how old this database framework is, if you guys migrate successfully to a new platform please let Sony know how you did it so they can implement it on their end and allow us to finally change usernames!

Ah, right. Those PSP NeoGafNetwork integrated games will surely work great with the new database.

I check profiles occasionally in search of context, curiosity, or to confirm that a user hasn't been/won't be here long.

Though some prolific posters stand out, I don't remember most usernames.

enewtabie

Crap, 9 years plus the other 2 or so it took to get my account approved. Doesn't feel like that long. I never look at profiles apparently.

Top Bottom