• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT6| Dark Souls? More like Arse Holes

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
looks like you had a bioSHOCK. seems he DISHONOURED your agreement. at least you'll get your red dead REDEMPTION, he'll soon be an eX...com ebay user.

orange box.

Ha! eBay have got my back, thankfully. I'm taking a zero tolerance approach.

I'm sorry to hear that, dude. Sending good thoughts yours and your gf's way.

-
On Bioshock, it's the art style that got me. All those deep greens and old fashioned diving suits. Yum.

Also, Dark Souls (spoilered as I'm sure it's getting annoying for non DS people)

Is it wrong to like Blighttown? Once I worked out that there were poison darts it wasn't too bad (at least the shanty bit). Then to get to the bottom and realise it's basically underneath the Burg was really cool - like its a dump for all of the crap from the burg. Creepy insects too. I'm now in the swamp at the bottom. It seems I've ended up playing a tank too. I love my black knight sword. How far into the game am I? So far it's been tougher than your average game but it hasn't felt frustrating or like I've hit a brick wall. Will Ornstein and Smough do that to me?

Chinner

Banned
I've looked at his body, there doesn't seem to be anything obvious whats happened. I don't know. He's wet it wasn't freezing last night. It wasn't old age as he was only one years old. It's just happened, I guess.

I just feel really bad for my girlfriend, we have two cats and out of the two he had more of a bond with her.

banofypie

Banned
Is it wrong to like Blighttown? Once I worked out that there were poison darts it wasn't too bad (at least the shanty bit). Then to get to the bottom and realise it's basically underneath the Burg was really cool - like its a dump for all of the crap from the burg. Creepy insects too. I'm now in the swamp at the bottom. It seems I've ended up playing a tank too. I love my black knight sword. How far into the game am I? So far it's been tougher than your average game but it hasn't felt frustrating or like I've hit a brick wall. Will Ornstein and Smough do that to me?
You've barely scratched the surface.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I've looked at his body, there doesn't seem to be anything obvious whats happened. I don't know. He's wet it wasn't freezing last night. It wasn't old age as he was only one years old. It's just happened, I guess.

I just feel really bad for my girlfriend, we have two cats and out of the two he had more of a bond with her.

That's awful, Chinner. 😢

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I'm back home now. My girlfriend has found the cats body.

Sorry, man.

I've spent the last 6 months trying to get my daughter to watch it more - but Peppa Pig always wins out. I WILL NOT BE DEFEATED THOUGH - I bought her cuddly Sarah and Duck (who quacks) - surely it has to work?

My lil un only ever pays attention to the theme music for stuff. After that she goes back to chewing table legs and shitting splinters.

Also, Dark Souls (spoilered as I'm sure it's getting annoying for non DS people)

I think most people's problem with it is the frame rate and the obscurity of the solution to the poison swamp. Otherwise, it's a very cool place that is very much worth exploring (HINT).

I'd say you are about 1/4 or 1/3 of the way through. Still tons to do. The game isn't difficult if you are patient, cautious and learn from your mistakes.O & S will pound you if you're playing solo though.

I wanted to tank this playthrough, but I ended up giving the fencing another try. Turns out I hadn't got the hang of the unique move set of the poking swords (oo-er). I'm getting there though. I'm at the gargoyles at the moment because I keep dipping into Alien: Isolation. So good!

Yeah my biggest issue with Blighttown was the appalling frame rate. The game always seems blameless in people's eyes: it is ALWAYS your fault. Well balls to that. Blighttown caused me many a death due to the technical level of junk that it was. I think they just tried too much for what the hardware was capable of.

Replaying on PC felt like a very different experience in that regard.

How had your cat been acting before going missing? Perhaps an underlying issue was festering. Animals can be very good at hiding health problems.

Mr. Sam

My cat, who is the very picture of health, has failing kidneys and thus about a year left to live, according to the vet. My other cat became severely ill over a two week period - a liver problem that had gone undiagnosed at a check-up about six months previous - and had to be put down.

What I'm trying to say is: I'm never getting another pet because they will just die and break my heart.

My condolences to you and your girlfriend, Chinner.

How had your cat been acting before going missing? Perhaps an underlying issue was festering. Animals can be very good at hiding health problems.

My nan was the same. She was riddled with cancer, spent her last two weeks on the sofa telling everyone she had a cold before she went to hopsital and died a day or two later. Cats and nans, be more vocal about what ails you!

jimbor

Banned
My condolences, Chinner

but holy fuck at Roundabout's post, had me laughing like a maniac. If I had been drinking my coffee at the time I imagine my laptop would be covered in it right now.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Sorry, man.

My lil un only ever pays attention to the theme music for stuff. After that she goes back to chewing table legs and shitting splinters.

I think most people's problem with it is the frame rate and the obscurity of the solution to the poison swamp. Otherwise, it's a very cool place that is very much worth exploring (HINT).

I'd say you are about 1/4 or 1/3 of the way through. Still tons to do. The game isn't difficult if you are patient, cautious and learn from your mistakes.O & S will pound you if you're playing solo though.

I wanted to tank this playthrough, but I ended up giving the fencing another try. Turns out I hadn't got the hang of the unique move set of the poking swords (oo-er). I'm getting there though. I'm at the gargoyles at the moment because I keep dipping into Alien: Isolation. So good!

Yeah my biggest issue with Blighttown was the appalling frame rate. The game always seems blameless in people's eyes: it is ALWAYS your fault. Well balls to that. Blighttown caused me many a death due to the technical level of junk that it was. I think they just tried too much for what the hardware was capable of.

Replaying on PC felt like a very different experience in that regard.

It didn't bother me so much, although that might be that I was expecting it to be terrible. I do love the environment though. It's not quite on a par with the hollows mad by the banks of the water in New Londo or the spell aster stood ominously up high in the Parish but I just love the idea of it being the arse end of what was once a city and now rotten and toxic.

My nan was the same. She was riddled with cancer, spent her last two weeks on the sofa telling everyone she had a cold before she went to hopsital and died a day or two later. Cats and nans, be more vocal about what ails you!

?

At first I laughed. And I thought to post LOL! because you are quite trolly. But I'm not sure if you're actually trolling.

--

When is Jed back?

Hi BritGAF.

Feel a little awkward jumping in here after someone just shared that they lost their cat but awkward is what Brits do best I suppose to here goes.

EDIT: My condolences about the cat I only just caught that post. Terrible to lose a pet like that :(

Where do you come from? Liverpool
What's your job/current education/whatever the heck it is you're up to? Software Test Engineer
What do you hope to achieve before your futile existence comes to an end? Lunge wildly at the pope.
Favourite daytime TV show? Is 'This Morning' still a thing?
Fish or chips? Chips
Daddy or chips? Chiiiiiiips
What's your tipple of choice? Spiced Rum (Rumbullion, Chairmans Reserve)
Favourite party snack? Cocktail Sausages
Who is the best bald person? Too many real options so I'll say Me!
What's your disappointing claim to fame? I once told Tony from Hollyoaks to F**k off.
What's your perfect Sunday? Cooked Breakfast, Pub/Films with mates
Did you threaten to overrule him? Well it's not..
Did you threaten to overrule him? The problem is..
It's a yes or no question minister, did you threaten to overrule him? NO but, you see, we kissed at a Christmas party and it's been awkard ever since!

At first I laughed. And I thought to post LOL! because you are quite trolly. But I'm not sure if you're actually trolling.

No she actually did die. She was around 70 and a life long depressive alcoholic, so her being on the sofa miserable was nothing unusual based on the past 30 years of her life. But then she went to hospital and they found she had super advanced lung cancer and she died a few days later before mum could even go to help settle her stuff.

So basically, if you're feeling really ill you should tell someone. Or meow, if you are a cat.

Now I'm picturing a drunk old lady on a sofa meowing at people.

When I die I want to be buried and I want the theme tune to Star Trek: The Next Generation to play mind blowingly loud as my casket is slowly lowered into the earth.

Ashes

Banned
Where do you come from? (Where do you go, where do you come from Cotton Eye Joe etc): << sad face? London Town.
What's your job/current education/whatever the heck it is you're up to? Media Intelligence.
What do you hope to achieve before your futile existence comes to an end? Converse with natives of 6500 languages.
Favourite daytime TV show? I sleep during the day.
Fish or chips? French Fries.
Daddy or chips? This joke went over my head. Typical.
What's your tipple of choice? T.
Favourite party snack? Pussy.
Who is the best bald person? Google it. I'm not helping you masturbate.
What's your disappointing claim to fame? Wrote a book once. Couldn't find a publisher.
What's your perfect Sunday? Toffee. Do McDonald's still sell this?
Did you threaten to overrule him? What're you talking about?
Did you threaten to overrule him? Oh. Paxman v Howard. Right? I'm British and I don't get British Humour sometimes.
It's a yes or no question minister, did you threaten to overrule him? Fine. I'll admit it, op was funnier than 99% of other gaf ops. Happy Valley?

Spookie

For who ever was asking about The Talos Principle. Good game, puzzles are nice and liner with a slow, but steady, difficulty progression. Story is... Ok? I feel it's doing the gaming thing of trying to be overtly clever but comes across as a bit pretentious.

Bit like every Bioshock game then.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
No she actually did die. She was around 70 and a life long depressive alcoholic, so her being on the sofa miserable was nothing unusual based on the past 30 years of her life. But then she went to hospital and they found she had super advanced lung cancer and she died a few days later before mum could even go to help settle her stuff.

So basically, if you're feeling really ill you should tell someone. Or meow, if you are a cat.

Ah. Ok. Well, sorry if I offended you. I agree.

Now I'm picturing a drunk old lady on a sofa meowing at people.

When I die I want to be buried and I want the theme tune to Star Trek: The Next Generation to play mind blowingly loud as my casket is slowly lowered into the earth.

Hi daps, how's it going?

It's cheery in here today.

Says you! Of all of us you're the one who most deserves to be nicknamed "smiles".

Games - I played a great game over the weekend called Corrypt, I think you can get it for free on PC or for a small stack of pennies on iOS. It's rather brilliant, starts of as a top down box moving game but then mutates into a game about glitching and actively encourages you to entirely, irreparably break the game (you can restart at a checkpoint in case you utterly break it). If you like retro, hard games then this might be one of the greatest things you ever played.

I've also been working my way through Mother 3, it's kind of amazing. The first 6 hours is all prologue and is incredibly dark and sad at times. Then it turns into something more like Earthbound. It has great music too, and the turn based JRPG fights have a rhythm element to them as well, it's really neat.

I'm going to finish that up and then play Terranigma since Reknoc said it was good.

Ah. Ok. Well, sorry if I offended you. I agree.

Absolutely no offense taken. It's sad but she was an odd duck. So stubborn she wouldn't even go to the doctor's.

Sorry to hear about your cat Chinner. Where was the body found? If it was near a road it could have been run over even if there's no visible sign of damage. If not then it may have been poisoned, my cat drank antifreeze and died from kidney failure within a day. Always sucks to lose a pet but it's all part of being a pet owner.

jimbor

Banned
Sorry to hear about your cat Chinner. Where was the body found? If it was near a road it could have been run over even if there's no visible sign of damage. If not then it may have been poisoned, my cat drank antifreeze and died from kidney failure within a day. Always sucks to lose a pet but it's all part of being a pet owner.

I know a few people that have lost cats to antifreeze, apparently they like the taste and some very keen gardeners/cat haters leave it out on purpose.

I know a few people that have lost cats to antifreeze, apparently they like the taste and some very keen gardeners/cat haters leave it out on purpose.

I always thought antifreeze looked delicious after that episode of the Simpsons with Bart and the wine. The wine looked pleasingly viscous, like purple Frijj.

Hi daps, how's it going?

I'm okey dokey. Had a good night out on Saturday with my brother and some of his friends (his birthday today actually). Some of his female friends are strikingly attractive and I've never been flirted with so much in one evening. Then I slowly discover every single one of them is in a relationship. So annoying! Why the tease? Why must they toy with my emotions like that? I mean, not to generalise, but damn you vagina-folk, damn you all to hell.

Anyway on Sunday we watched Jingle All the Way and Aladdin.

It's because you've not been posting much.

lol acid burn

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I'm okey dokey. Had a good night out on Saturday with my brother and some of his friends (his birthday today actually). Some of his female friends are strikingly attractive and I've never been flirted with so much in one evening. Then I slowly discover every single one of them is in a relationship. So annoying! Why the tease? Why must they toy with my emotions like that? I mean, not to generalise, but damn you vagina-folk, damn you all to hell.

Anyway on Sunday we watched Jingle All the Way and Aladdin.

lol acid burn

Flirting is fun, that's why! And you're a devilishly handsome chap too. It's nothing to do with genitals, just humans. It's the same either way.

When my guinea pigs flirt , they growl and wiggle their bums slowly. Although it's not really flirting, more a precursor to a fight. But I'm sure there's a point there. Oh yes! Humans. Overrated.

Those Skittles milkshakes they sell are a purple colour and they're one of the most disgusting things I've ever had the misfortune of drinking. The Mars ones are fucking lush though.

Milkshakes are for children. It's only acceptable for an adult to drink a milkshake if it's served in a glass. Man the fuck up and drink something respectable like Powerade.

Sorry to hear that Chinner, after my dog died I was heartbroken and I vowed to never get another pet, me and the missus now have a rabbit and she's lovely, even if I keep making pie jokes.

Son Of D

Flirting is fun, that's why!

I'm with you on that one. I'm quite the flirty guy when drunk. I'm usually good at not flirting with straight guys though because A) They're obviously not interested and B) I'd rather not choose the wrong person to flirt to and get punched as a result.

Although some playful talk with friends is okay since it's unlikely that I'll turn a straight guy gay.

Reknoc

I'm going to finish that up and then play Terranigma since Reknoc said it was good.

Excellent choice, one of my all time favourite SNES games but my rec of it always seems to get lost in the wind because most people haven't heard of it since it was EU/JP only, and most EU folks were too busy crying about no Earthbound/Chrono Trigger/FFVI

banofypie

Banned
Milkshakes are for children. It's only acceptable for an adult to drink a milkshake if it's served in a glass. Man the fuck up and drink something respectable like Powerade.

My blood is about 10% taurine. Fuck isotonics, they're for pussies on bikes who can't afford driving lessons.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I'm with you on that one. I'm quite the flirty guy when drunk. I'm usually good at not flirting with straight guys though because A) They're obviously not interested and B) I'd rather not choose the wrong person to flirt to and get punched as a result.

Although some playful talk with friends is okay since it's unlikely that I'll turn a straight guy gay.

Yeah, I can appreciate that. I'm a terrible flirter and used to (when I used to make an effort and get dressed up and go out etc) end up in all sorts of pickles where I hadn't realised I was being flirted with. I bet I've said that before. But yeah. I'm so far off the market I don't even know what flirting is anymore. What do the kids do these days to flirt? Snapchat or something? I don't know. If I ever was to break up with E after 12 years (not bloody likely) id probably just go to tinder. Or grinder. Or blender. Or whatever the current thing is to go out and have fun with minimal fuss.

Flirting is fun, that's why! And you're a devilishly handsome chap too. It's nothing to do with genitals, just humans. It's the same either way.

When my guinea pigs flirt , they growl and wiggle their bums slowly. Although it's not really flirting, more a precursor to a fight. But I'm sure there's a point there. Oh yes! Humans. Overrated.

Well I can't argue that's its not fun. And I AM a dreamboat.

Perhaps, in their own way, these fine young fillies were entertaining the fantasy that it could be me not their inadequate partner... and that really, I'M the one toying with THEIR emotions simply by joining them for drinks and tempting them with my stunning visage, sublime physique and insurmountable wit. Yes, that's it.

Ha, I'll bet in reality I wasn't the only one crying all night... reaching out for an impossible dream, only to have it slip through the fingers like satin silk, a hope against hope that tumbles and shatters like fine china into a million glittering pieces.

Thanks sploatee I feel better now, I should ask your opinion more often. I'm sorry if I ever tempted you.

Excellent choice, one of my all time favourite SNES games but my rec of it always seems to get lost in the wind because most people haven't heard of it since it was EU/JP only, and most EU folks were too busy crying about no Earthbound/Chrono Trigger/FFVI

Yes this is what peaked my interest, I don't often hear it talked about in the cannon of great SNES RPGs and it looks fairly short (16 hours according to HLTB) so that will be a fitting follow-up to Mother 3. And it has a cool name.

jimbor

Banned

Perhaps, in their own way, these fine young fillies were entertaining the fantasy that it could be me not their inadequate partner... and that really, I'M the one toying with THEIR emotions simply by joining them for drinks and tempting them with my stunning visage, sublime physique and insurmountable wit. Yes, that's it.

Ha, I'll bet in reality I wasn't the only one crying all night... reaching out for an impossible dream, only to have it slip through the fingers like satin silk, a hope against hope that tumbles and shatters like fine china into a million glittering pieces.

Thanks sploatee I feel better now, I should ask your opinion more often. I'm sorry if I ever tempted you.

There were some chicks interested in you at the meet but you seemed mostly oblivious to it/lost in dance. Us basically marrieds were hoping to live vicariously through you.

Son Of D

Yeah, I can appreciate that. I'm a terrible flirter and used to (when I used to make an effort and get dressed up and go out etc) end up in all sorts of pickles where I hadn't realised I was being flirted with. I bet I've said that before. But yeah. I'm so far off the market I don't even know what flirting is anymore. What do the kids do these days to flirt? Snapchat or something? I don't know. If I ever was to break up with E after 12 years (not bloody likely) id probably just go to tinder. Or grinder. Or blender. Or whatever the current thing is to go out and have fun with minimal fuss.

When someone flirts at me I suddenly go all quiet, shy and awkward. Unless it's someone who I would flirt with myself, in that case I'm just a bit awkward.

Snapchat's more for sending friends silly pictures and/or dick pics. Although I haven't got any of the latter so maybe that's either stopped or my friends are just modest. I have no idea about Tinder, Blender, Mender or Glenda though, but Grindr's for men seeking men. At least that's from the short time I've spent on there.

There were some chicks interested in you at the meet but you seemed mostly oblivious to it/lost in dance. Us basically marrieds were hoping to live vicariously through you.

It happens. Though I do recall zomg attempting to give me counsel, I don't really remember what he or I said, perhaps for the best.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider

Haha! No, not tempted - you're too straight for me! I like bendy / genderbendy people. I'm basically heterophobic. I wish I was joking.

When someone flirts at me I suddenly go all quiet, shy and awkward. Unless it's someone who I would flirt with myself, in that case I'm just a bit awkward.

Snapchat's more for sending friends silly pictures and/or dick pics. Although I haven't got any of the latter so maybe that's either stopped or my friends are just modest. I have no idea about Tinder, Blender, Mender or Glenda though, but Grindr's for men seeking men. At least that's from the short time I've spent on there.

Hahahah at Mender and Glenda!

Volotaire

Hi BritGAF.

Feel a little awkward jumping in here after someone just shared that they lost their cat but awkward is what Brits do best I suppose to here goes.

EDIT: My condolences about the cat I only just caught that post. Terrible to lose a pet like that :(

Where do you come from? Liverpool
What's your job/current education/whatever the heck it is you're up to? Software Test Engineer
What do you hope to achieve before your futile existence comes to an end? Lunge wildly at the pope.
Favourite daytime TV show? Is 'This Morning' still a thing?
Fish or chips? Chips
Daddy or chips? Chiiiiiiips
What's your tipple of choice? Spiced Rum (Rumbullion, Chairmans Reserve)
Favourite party snack? Cocktail Sausages
Who is the best bald person? Too many real options so I'll say Me!
What's your disappointing claim to fame? I once told Tony from Hollyoaks to F**k off.
What's your perfect Sunday? Cooked Breakfast, Pub/Films with mates
Did you threaten to overrule him? Well it's not..
Did you threaten to overrule him? The problem is..
It's a yes or no question minister, did you threaten to overrule him? NO but, you see, we kissed at a Christmas party and it's been awkard ever since!

Welcome!

Top Bottom