• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT6| Dark Souls? More like Arse Holes

SmokyDave

Oh, you didn't get the memo? P4 is in the "anime thing it's OK to like" club.

Actually, it's probably in the "absolutely not OK to not like" club.
I mean, there is a whole lot of 'J' going on, but I'm just taking it for what it is. Can't say whether I'll finish it for sure, but it's kept me reasonably entertained so far.

No fucking idea what I'm doing with the fusing personas stuff though. I got a scantily clad blonde persona early on so I'm just sticking with that chick instead of worrying about it.

Demon fusion is garbage. I wouldn't worry about it, just go by what has the bigger stats.

I hate it more than /pat pat

oh that's really interesti
0087_ctk293bxrf.gif

NinjaBoiX

Where do you come from? - Lancaster, currently living in Manchester
What's your job/current education/whatever the heck it is you're up to? - Maintenance at a Student Village & bar work in a nightclub
What do you hope to achieve before your futile existence comes to an end? - build a successful catering business with the bro
Favourite daytime TV show? - Top Gear repeats
Fish or chips? - Fish
Daddy or chips? - Who's the daddy?
What's your tipple of choice? - Cazcabel Coffee Tequila
Favourite party snack? - Funk on toast
Who is the best bald person? - Larry David
What's your disappointing claim to fame? - I once made the front page of the Sunderland Echo, photo and everything
What's your perfect Sunday? - Wake up BJ, some telly with a goddamn bacon and egg sammich, day out somewhere cool, curry and a flick, a nice bath, some primo lovin' then bed
Did you threaten to overrule him? - Beetlejuice
It's a yes or no question minister, did you threaten to overrule him? - Beetlejuice

Symphonia

Banned
So...did you get the news that Capcom is making a Special Edition for DMC4...along with an improved version of DmC?
I could never get in to the Devil May Cry series, but I loved DmC, despite the universal panning it recieved. I'd double-dip for a definitive edition of the game, and would love to see Capcom make a DmC2.

Son Of D

DMC4: Special Edition on PS4 could actually be the thing that gets me to buy one. Strange since I already have the game on PS3 (and it was the game that made me buy a PS3 as well).

This franchise has me by the balls...

It's a yes or no question minister, did you threaten to overrule him? - Beetlejuice

Well I hope you're happy. You've just unleashed hell... or heaven. I don't know how this works.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
I could never get in to the Devil May Cry series, but I loved DmC, despite the universal panning it recieved. I'd double-dip for a definitive edition of the game, and would love to see Capcom make a DmC2.

love to see Capcom make a DmC2.

make a DmC2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-XgvHPt1cg

DMC4: Special Edition on PS4 could actually be the thing that gets me to buy one. Strange since I already have the game on PS3 (and it was the game that made me buy a PS3 as well).

This franchise has me by the balls...
Last ten seconds of this video are all that matter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tbl-uOIlk7k

I just hope they add more than just playable Vergil in the Special Edition.

Reknoc

So...did you get the news that Capcom is making a Special Edition for DMC4...along with an improved version of DmC?

DmC is beyond any sort of improvement. The only way to make it good is if when you load it up that also turns out to be Devil May Cry 4 SE

AcridMeat

Banned
I mean, there is a whole lot of 'J' going on, but I'm just taking it for what it is. Can't say whether I'll finish it for sure, but it's kept me reasonably entertained so far.

No fucking idea what I'm doing with the fusing personas stuff though. I got a scantily clad blonde persona early on so I'm just sticking with that chick instead of worrying about it.
Just be sure to fuse Mara to go with the scantily clad blonde.
q11S9FW.png

I'm not too familiar with JRPGs but Persona 4 was a joy.

Browny

Banned
After a long slog at work (browsing the 'net), I'm currently sat in my dining room on the floor - footie commentary on the radio, baby monitor by my side piping out classical music, a cup of tea to my left, alongside a scone topped with black cherry jam, facing the Christmas wrapping. Is this what is referred to as "the good life"?

I'm actually really tired and want to go to bed, but have to wait for the dishwasher to finish... first world problems etc

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Dark Souls people, my heart is in my mouth. I had to refer to the Google and have a vague clue (thankfully no spoilers apart from a broad hint) but I could do with a very slight word of encouragement that I don't need to start again. I'm beginning to suss that this game really is nasty. I'd have had to do all of Blighttown with a curse if I hadn't known, too. Anyway -

I freed a man in a gold suit of armour. I had my doubts about him, but I thought what the hey. I think he's killes my fire keeper. So I've gone to the Undead Parish because an actual spoiler free hint suggested I just go to the nearest bonfire. I have the black eye orb. I have a fire keeper soul I've not used. I have about 15 humanity. Please dear lord tell me that if I keep plugging away I'll get a break. You're probably laughing at me.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Dark Souls people, my heart is in my mouth. I had to refer to the Google and have a vague clue (thankfully no spoilers apart from a broad hint) but I could do with a very slight word of encouragement that I don't need to start again. I'm beginning to suss that this game really is nasty. I'd have had to do all of Blighttown with a curse if I hadn't known, too. Anyway -

I freed a man in a gold suit of armour. I had my doubts about him, but I thought what the hey. I think he's killes my fire keeper. So I've gone to the Undead Parish because an actual spoiler free hint suggested I just go to the nearest bonfire. I have the black eye orb. I have a fire keeper soul I've not used. I have about 15 humanity. Please dear lord tell me that if I keep plugging away I'll get a break. You're probably laughing at me.

Panic not, you are following one of the quests.
You will know what to do with the orb when the time comes.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Panic not, you are following one of the quests.
You will know what to do with the orb when the time comes.

Phew. Ok. I'll press on. Just out of interest - how many points are there to come where I could totally wipe my game?

I find my heart in my mouth for most of the game to be honest. I've gotten so used to edging slowly everywhere with my shield up. Also the number of times I've said out loud "oh hell no" when seeing something ominous in the distance (even if it turns out to be a friendly npc£.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Phew. Ok. I'll press on. Just out of interest - how many points are there to come where I could totally wipe my game?

You mean irreversibly fuck it up? None, really. Just don't kill any NPCs and you'll be fine.

EDIT: There is a caveat to that last part, but it's nowt you need to know about till t'end game.

I find my heart in my mouth for most of the game to be honest. I've gotten so used to edging slowly everywhere with my shield up. Also the number of times I've said out loud "oh hell no" when seeing something ominous in the distance (even if it turns out to be a friendly npc£.

Haha! That's the way to play it.

Btw, if you enjoy that sensation of utter fear and dread, I highly recommend Alien: Isolation. That's just one big long NOPE.

Son Of D

Dark Souls II. Is it worth playing that? Or should I play Dark Souls 1 first? Mostly because I'm slowly edging away from getting games on PS3 and my PC can't run games as well as I'd want. And I know Dark Souls II is getting remastered for PS4.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
You mean irreversibly fuck it up? None, really. Just don't kill any NPCs and you'll be fine.

EDIT: There is a caveat to that last part, but it's nowt you need to know about till t'end game.

Haha! That's the way to play it.

Btw, if you enjoy that sensation of utter fear and dread, I highly recommend Alien: Isolation. That's just one big long NOPE.

Phew. That's a relief. I'm loving every traumatic, you-forgot-to-concentrate-so-now-you-die moment of this beautiful game.

I'm a bit dubious about Alien. It looks like Outlast in space. Does it not get a bit repetitive hiding all the time? Outlast was eerie and fun but it felt long and I'd be concerned that Alien might be too long.

Son Of D

I'm a bit dubious about Alien. It looks like Outlast in space. Does it not get a bit repetitive hiding all the time? Outlast was eerie and fun but it felt long and I'd be concerned that Alien might be too long.

I briefly played Alien on a friends PS4 and I will say that it's more of a game I can play in short bursts personally. But that's mostly down to the fact that my impatience will be wearing really thin after a while.

Still something I'm looking forward to playing when I get a PS4 (I know it's on PS3 but I'll refer you to my previous post).

finally doing this:
Where do you come from? indigenous to somerset but recently (as in got the flat today) emigrated to manchester.
What's your job/current education/whatever the heck it is you're up to? retail flub.
What do you hope to achieve before your futile existence comes to an end? make really great music, write a really great book.
Favourite daytime TV show? stop it & tidy up.
Fish or chips? mountain dew.
Daddy or chips? mountain dew.
What's your tipple of choice? mountain dew.
Favourite party snack? mountain dew.
Who is the best bald person? frankie aka stinkles.
What's your disappointing claim to fame? i have a really great beard.
What's your perfect Sunday? mountain dew & xcom.
Did you threaten to overrule him? no.
Did you threaten to overrule him? no!
It's a yes or no question minister, did you threaten to overrule him? mrs. robinson, you're trying to seduce me.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Dark Souls II. Is it worth playing that? Or should I play Dark Souls 1 first? Mostly because I'm slowly edging away from getting games on PS3 and my PC can't run games as well as I'd want. And I know Dark Souls II is getting remastered for PS4.

DS1 first, I reckon. Maybe make it your swan song PS3 title? It's a much better package overall. DS2 is alright though.

Phew. That's a relief. I'm loving every traumatic, you-forgot-to-concentrate-so-now-you-die moment of this beautiful game.

Well, it is (apparently) too long according to some folk. I reckon you'll appreciate the artistry though. They nailed the Alien atmosphere eerily perfectly, every sound and every air duct. Svestepool (sp?) Station is comfortably up there with Rapture in the world building stakes and the xenomorph is never less than genuinely terrifying throughout (uh...what I've played).

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
DS1 first, I reckon. Maybe make it your swan song PS3 title? It's a much better package overall. DS2 is alright though.

Well, it is (apparently) too long according to some folk. I reckon you'll appreciate the artistry though. They nailed the Alien atmosphere eerily perfectly, every sound and every air duct. Svestepool (sp?) Station is comfortably up there with Rapture in the world building stakes and the xenomorph is never less than genuinely terrifying throughout (uh...what I've played).

I might give it a go at some point. A lot of GAF do like it. And I love the aesthetic of Alien.

I feel at a bit of a loss now with DS - don't give me a clue! - I've decided to make the Valley of Drakes my new home. And there's a big drake that doesn't like me. I think I've figured out how to kill him. But I can't make any mistakes.

I sometimes keep a blog of the games I'm playing, and I've realised that all my DS entries read like I'm some crazy adventurer on a mad quest. I like this! It's like I'm writing the story as I go along. 😄

-
Non Dark Souls post - 4 MORE DAYS THEN NO MORE OFFICe amejsveksywvenrksg

also skeleton you should show us your beard.

Symphonia

Banned
Back from the pub, yo. Feeling a little bit too cocky after that date, but with damn good reason! Looks like I missed out on the Dark Souls talk, though. Damnit, we never talk about Dark Souls!

Cyd0nia

Banned
Where do you come from? (Where do you go, where do you come from Cotton Eye Joe etc)

Liverpool

What's your job/current education/whatever the heck it is you're up to?

Unemployed. Giz a job!

What do you hope to achieve before your futile existence comes to an end?

I suppose I'd like to travel. I'd like to create something people love, even if it means I have to someday inseminate a human female.

Favourite daytime TV show?

Say Yes to the Dress. If you'd said evening, its Jennifer Ellison's Dance Mums, which has just finished - and was marvellous television.

Can Arrow and The Flash be considered daytime if 8pm Central is 11am in Tokyo and 1pm in Sydney?

Fish or chips?

Chips

Daddy or chips?

I'll be the daddy, you be the chips

What's your tipple of choice?

Peroni Nastro. Water is pretty good too.

Favourite party snack?

Doritos. Filthy, powdery, naughty Doritos.

Who is the best bald person?

Patrick Stewart, obvs

What's your disappointing claim to fame?

I've sat on Noel Edmunds knee.

What's your perfect Sunday?

Wall to wall masturbation and the Hollyoaks omnibus

Did you threaten to overrule him?
It's a yes or no question minister, did you threaten to overrule him?

I had to Youtube search this reference. Jeremy Paxman looks so young.

Hystzen

Honestly, I know it's Generic Hack 'n' Slash Videogame #756449, but it seemed to sit well with me. It was smooth, fast, brilliantly paced and Dante had a certain edge to him that I just took to.

What a shock the edgy try hard writing of DmC is liked by you also lol at smooth,fast and brilliantly paced. 30fps combat, coloured codes enemies and long corridors of platforming and talking does not meet any them criteria

Volotaire

Where do you come from? (Where do you go, where do you come from Cotton Eye Joe etc)

Liverpool

What's your job/current education/whatever the heck it is you're up to?

Unemployed. Giz a job!

What do you hope to achieve before your futile existence comes to an end?

I suppose I'd like to travel. I'd like to create something people love, even if it means I have to someday inseminate a human female.

Favourite daytime TV show?

Say Yes to the Dress. If you'd said evening, its Jennifer Ellison's Dance Mums, which has just finished - and was marvellous television.

Can Arrow and The Flash be considered daytime if 8pm Central is 11am in Tokyo and 1pm in Sydney?

Fish or chips?

Chips

Daddy or chips?

I'll be the daddy, you be the chips

What's your tipple of choice?

Peroni Nastro. Water is pretty good too.

Favourite party snack?

Doritos. Filthy, powdery, naughty Doritos.

Who is the best bald person?

Patrick Stewart, obvs

What's your disappointing claim to fame?

I've sat on Noel Edmunds knee.

What's your perfect Sunday?

Wall to wall masturbation and the Hollyoaks omnibus

It's a yes or no question minister, did you threaten to overrule him?

I had to Youtube search this reference. Jeremy Paxman looks so young.

Hi!

Symphonia

Banned
What a shock the edgy try hard writing of DmC is liked by you also lol at smooth,fast and brilliantly paced. 30fps combat, coloured codes enemies and long corridors of platforming and talking does not meet any them criteria
Where's all this 'edgy' shit come from? I'm a miserable, pessimistic cunt, not edgy. The difference between the two is unfathomable.

Hi, Cyd0nia, welcome to BritGAF!

Volotaire

I've never understood the dislike for Tumblr. It's great for looking at delicious food, pictures with snazzy filters or just other random tidbits. I do agree that they ruin gifs.

Top Bottom