• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT6| Dark Souls? More like Arse Holes

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I hate gifs now

fucks sake

post-17260-steve-buscemi-WHY-gif-RIxa3zW-QbZo.gif

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Oh no, we simply cannot be friends now.

There are people in this thread who like JRPGs.

Who think Shadow of Mordor is good.

Who like Assassin's Creed games.

PEOPLE WHO LIKE JRPGs.

I tolerate them. I know in my heart they are mad, but I let them be. With their spiky haired teeny soapy angsty awfully written waifu pointless spreadsheet grindy grindy skill-free 400 hour long awful death of all good Japanese games rubbish with ridiculous names like Tales of Hyper Neptunia Schoolgirl X type 0 HD III Z : Naruto Squeaky Curtain Call 3 : Conservative Airship Secret.

The_Poet

Banned
I tolerate them. I know in my heart they are mad, but I let them be. With their spiky haired teeny soapy angsty awfully written waifu pointless spreadsheet grindy grindy skill-free 400 hour long awful death of all good Japanese games rubbish with ridiculous names like Tales of Hyper Neptunia Schoolgirl X type 0 HD III Z : Naruto Squeaky Curtain Call 3 : Conservative Airship Secret.

How could you forget the classic Oneechanbara Z Kagura NoNoNo!

Son Of D

Cy it's just some playful banter. You're the target usually because of how you react. Like back when Sah was commenting a lot about his Samsung he was so happy about. Or Noffs when he was here about... pretty much everything. Or the misadventures of Tash "Trash Lord" Brooke.

Just lighten up a bit. Trust me, coming from Mr. My-sarcasm-detector-is-so-faulty-I-might-as-well-be-called-Kryten (as well as being quite the depressive cunt a few years back) it's saying something.

Love you too Sploats. (Disclaimer: My JRPG experience doesn't go that much further outside of Final Fantasy. With Xenoblade being the only non-FF JRPG I've played)

There are people in this thread who like JRPGs.

Who think Shadow of Mordor is good.

Who like Assassin's Creed games.

PEOPLE WHO LIKE JRPGs.

There are people in this thread who won't shut the fuck up about Dark Souls.

I tolerate them.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
How could you forget the classic Oneechanbara Z Kagura NoNoNo!

FOSUDHAIOGMVOI<DF

Love you too Sploats. (Disclaimer: My JRPG experience doesn't go that much further outside of Final Fantasy. With Xenoblade being the only non-FF JRPG I've played)

:D

There are people in this thread who won't shut the fuck up about Dark Souls.

I tolerate them.

:(

I try. I really do try not to talk about it. I know everyone else finished talking about it in 2011. I just can't help it. It's like the rest of the world was eating chocolate all of this time and I've only just tried it. And it's like the best tasting thing ever and I want more. I will try to stop posting about it. I promise. To try to stop.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.

Play Earthbound and Mother 3.

They are genuinely well written and relatable. They don't make up for the nonsense in the genre, but they are classics. Think Murakami + Charlie Brown.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Play Earthbound and Mother 3.

They are genuinely well written and relatable. They don't make up for the nonsense in the genre, but they are classics. Think Murakami + Charlie Brown.

I know you're being sincere, but I'm a lost cause. I've tried to fit in and enjoy this massive genre of games that so many people like and receives such critical acclaim but it's like shouting at a dog for eating your slippers. I just don't understand.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
I know you're being sincere, but I'm a lost cause. I've tried to fit in and enjoy this massive genre of games that so many people like and receives such critical acclaim but it's like shouting at a dog for eating your slippers. I just don't understand.

I don't like the genre either!

Symphonia

Banned
Cy it's just some playful banter. You're the target usually because of how you react. Like back when Sah was commenting a lot about his Samsung he was so happy about. Or Noffs when he was here about... pretty much everything. Or the misadventures of Tash "Trash Lord" Brooke.

Just lighten up a bit. Trust me, coming from Mr. My-sarcasm-detector-is-so-faulty-I-might-as-well-be-called-Kryten (as well as being quite the depressive cunt a few years back) it's saying something.
I know, bruh, I usually let it fly over me. New meds, innit, playing havoc with my feels and shit. I'm overreacting, typical Cy-style.

:(

I try. I really do try not to talk about it. I know everyone else finished talking about it in 2011. I just can't help it. It's like the rest of the world was eating chocolate all of this time and I've only just tried it. And it's like the best tasting thing ever and I want more. I will try to stop posting about it. I promise. To try to stop.

I was like, 47% joking. And I've had a G&T, so ignore me. As much as I would like it to be, the internet does not belong to me.

You have my permission to continue. To be honest, I've not clicked one of your helpfully spoilered updates on the souls. I just know any/all of them contain something really inane like:

"I found the shit_stick, I tried putting in my ear and it gave me +2 DEX, what should I do when I fight the Plasma Rabbi?"

Don't take it personally, I just hate that game and the discussion about it for reesons

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I don't like the genre either!

Ok ok ok! I'll add them to my long long list.

I was like, 47% joking. And I've had a G&T, so ignore me. As much as I would like it to be, the internet does not belong to me.

You have my permission to continue. To be honest, I've not clicked one of your helpfully spoilered updates on the souls. I just know any/all of them contain something really inane like:

"I found the shit_stick, I tried putting in my ear and it gave me +2 DEX, what should I do when I fight the Plasma Rabbi?"

Don't take it personally, I just hate that game and the discussion about it for reesons

Nah, you're probably right. I've posted nothing but Souls stuff for a while now. I just get enthusiastic, that's all. I'm just trying to hang on until the Christmas break as I'm rather bloody depressed again at the moment and Souls is very absorbing and ideal for hibernation from 9 to 5 I actually have no soul mundanity.

That damn Plasma Rabbi, though! Now that I've beaten him I'm a Real Gamer!

Ok ok ok! I'll add them to my long long list.

Nah, you're probably right. I've posted nothing but Souls stuff for a while now. I just get enthusiastic, that's all. I'm just trying to hang on until the Christmas break as I'm rather bloody depressed again at the moment and Souls is very absorbing and ideal for hibernation from 9 to 5 I actually have no soul mundanity.

That damn Plasma Rabbi, though! Now that I've beaten him I'm a Real Gamer!

I would rather you were content and your posts contributed to my angstyness than shut down something you like during trying times.

Christ I would be a shit dictator. I can't even tell a triple minority what to do without feeling bad. Shucks.

Volotaire

I was interested in seeing what the 'Hatred' game was since it's receiving a lot of media attention. Wow, that teaser was potent, even among my expectations.

Son Of D

I would rather you were content and your posts contributed to my angstyness than shut down something you like during trying times.

Christ I would be a shit dictator. I can't even tell a triple minority what to do without feeling bad. Shucks.

You know I really should do this instead of just worrying about what others will say about my posts. So many times I've wanted to make a post but didn't because I didn't want to start anything by having someone complain about what I was posting. Won't name names but I do sometimes feel that someone will complain, even if they don't make it vocal in the thread, if I post certain things. Despite them being harmless things.

I know I shouldn't but my brain is just a fucked up thing and makes me feel like crap and has those kind of thoughts.

Ah fuck I think I just went into the depressive side of me again.

Volotaire

Unless you can't back up your theses or opinions, I could not care less what any poster posts i.e it won't affect my opinion of anyone.

Volotaire

Also, bought (pre-ordered) my first and probably one of two Amiibos - Captain Falcon. It's more of a curiosity than actually purchasing it for use so I decided to get the best looking one and probably one of the soon to be rarer ones. I'll probably purchase Link at a later date since he's got a tiny bit of use in other games, but it's a shame his model looks awful.

Kick a man when he's down. That's cool.

Just stop whining, all the time. There's sometimes a gleam of positivity in you and it's all dandy, your posts are by and large okay. Then it's back to the same old "woe is me" behaviour. It gets really old fast. You come back from a long absence and say you've changed but I'm yet to believe it. You're still using this thread as a sounding board for everything you lament in a day, you still crumple up into a wet mess of melancholy when you're critiqued. If you don't want to have your posting history thrown in your face, change you're posting habits. I got annoyed with you because I was in the middle of writing a post to Son of D when you jumped in and used yourself as the punchline of a lame joke.

While I'm at it, this "bruh" shit needs to end. It's fucking cringey as fuck, like an old man trying to sound like he's down with the kids. None of us are kids.

I'm becoming a thread grouch, the gin is wearing off.

NinjaBoiX

"Spunky looks good in her bright red wig,
Eating chocolate chip mint ice cream,
A cat named Lola with a violent past,
Is balled-up asleep 'cross her knees,"

- Spunky

Poor Cy. He's not allowed to like anything.
He does enjoy a disproportionate amount of truly repugnant swill.

Edit: happy birthday musha.

Mikeside

"Spunky looks good in her bright red wig,
Eating chocolate chip mint ice cream,
A cat named Lola with a violent past,
Is balled-up asleep 'cross her knees,"

- Spunky

He does enjoy a disproportionate amount of truly repugnant swill.

Well Christmas is going to the dogs
We'd rather have chew toys than yule logs
And things aren't looking very good, it's true
So I'll just lay here and chew

Happy birthday Musha!

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Musha!

You share your birthday with such luminaries as author Jane Austen, composer Ludwig van Beethoven, science fiction genius Philip K Dick, space oddity Arthur C Clarke, dead comedian Bill Hicks, Lethal Weapon wunderkind Shane Black, and... Christopher Biggins.

Well done, you!

I absolutely adored Dark Souls except for one awful flaw. I'm bloody terrible at that game, but like an alcoholic I continue to return to the thing that damages me because I want to be better. I just never am and I refuse to read guides (though I've taken advice from friends).

As for JRPGs I used to be a fan of certain classic ones but anything that slaps me round the chops with a blatant need for grinding just bores me now I have the limited gaming time of most adults :(

FFS, I don't play the convoluted garbage that most modern JRPGs are. Fuck Final Fantasy, fuck Kingdom Hearts, fuck anything Gust had a hand in.

Atlus, Nintendo, or bust. Those are cool people still making good JRPGs. Maybe Square too once they get round to making Dragon Quest XI.

edit: oh, happy birthday Musha!

Reknoc

FFS, I don't play the convoluted garbage that most modern JRPGs are. Fuck Final Fantasy, fuck Kingdom Hearts, fuck anything Gust had a hand in.

Atlus, Nintendo, or bust. Those are cool people still making good JRPGs. Maybe Square too once they get round to making Dragon Quest XI.

edit: oh, happy birthday Musha!

Kingdom Hearts is great tho.

edit: also S-E made Bravely Default and Bravely Second is out, at some point I guess.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Yea but sploat, sploat, Dark Souls is a JRPG

( &#8790;&#8255;&#8790;)

YOU DEFEATED (I won't post more about DS today, I promise).

Also, happy birthday Mush!

Working from home today. I woke up and the piggies were waiting at the cage door for me (well, for food) in the place where I always feed them. They're so cute.

OK, that's my news for the day! How is everyone?

Top Bottom