• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I can live with some people claiming Burger's Priest is the best. At least we don't have anyone admitting they like Hero Burger in this thread. Yet.

Note these are the best Burger RESTAURANTS. Best Burger is still Burger's Priest followed by Holy Chuck and then Stockyards, which I can't disagree with.
All of which are also closer and more convenient. That might as well be a list of burgers I'll never eat.

Well maybe not Stockyards.

thabiz

Dangerous Dan's for life.

rejoice.png
rejoice.png
rejoice.png

YES

Mupod

Burgers priest was good and all but if I'm gonna spend like 10 goddamn dollars on a hamburger I'll just make my own. Is what I'd say if I was allowed to have a barbecue here :(

mr.rager

I have no idea what any of this means. other than it has to do with shoes.

loool they are shoes indeed.

Gold Metallic Foamposites

Solar Crimson/Yeezy Foamposites, the soles glow in the dark. It's a nice party trick

Supreme Foamposites, favorite drop of last year. So elegant looking.

White Metallic 5s

Air Jordan 1 Chicago, shoe i'm looking forward to the most. Love the 1s.

Y-3 Qasa

Yeezy Boosts

I love shoes, once I get those 5 I'm 1 shy of 100 pairs of shoes.

Burger Priest is pretty good.

I can live with some people claiming Burger's Priest is the best. At least we don't have anyone admitting they like Hero Burger in this thread. Yet.

There was that one guy that popped in here some pages back who likes Hero Burger. One of the interns at my work also likes Hero Burger.

And Marcus Stroman is done for the season. Was so looking forward to seeing him pitch.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
You just want me to order the heart attack :(

They're good and at least better than Hero Burger, but I'd rather get the shawarma if I'm nearby there.

Reliable Fish and Chips is in the area too. I don't know how people can stand to eat at Chippy's. The few times I've been there, it's always been horrible.

Speaking of fish and chips, Sea Witch opened near us. The first time (the week they opened) they were less than impressive. Even burnt the batter on the fish. But the two times we've been there since, we've been really happy with them. Good fries too. I'm not a fish and chips expert, but Reliable, One that Got Away and Sea Witch are all decent choices. I saw good reviews for B&B Fish And Chips (also near Leslieville), but was very unimpressed. I mean, I don't mind wrapping your fish in old Chinese newspaper, but I prefer if the fish doesn't actually taste like the newspaper too.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
there was nothing better than stumbling out of jilly's and heading across the street to double d's
I think it'll be better for the neighbourhood to have anything else replace Jilly's...except if it's a Hero Burger. The pub across the street is also pretty good and I really like the Foundry cider they have there. It almost makes not having Bulmer's bearable.
can we just got to Copacabana?
I've actually never been, but I want to go.
Fuck you Kuro!
DEAL WITH IT, YA COORS LITE DRINKING PUSSY!
Reliable Fish and Chips is in the area too. I don't know how people can stand to eat at Chippy's. The few times I've been there, it's always been horrible.
Haven't been there recently either since I prefer Rashers for the bacon sandvich, but I liked it the few times I was there. It also sucks he closes on Sundays as that would be the time for me to go :(

Edit: Goddamn it, EM! He's just making sure you get your essential inks! :0 I live right up the street from there and have only been there twice. Dude was shocked I didn't want vinegar on my fries... <_<

Roto13

I used to go to Hero Burger because it was the closest burger place to my apartment, but then Fresh Burger opened up a little bit farther and it's worth the few extra steps.

Willectro

Banned
Why is it that Canada Post delivery staff can't even be bothered to knock on my door or buzz up when there is a package to be delivered? I live in apartment, but the layout is brutally simple - it can't be a misunderstanding. Every single time, if it doesn't fit in my mailbox they can't even be bothered to attempt to see if someones home. It boggles my mind because they have been super quick with the actual delivery the last few times, but fail on the last mile so then I have to go to the post office tomorrow to get the package. Defeats the purpose of delivery.

Not looking for a response from CanadaPostHelps account or whatever either, lol.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Why is it that Canada Post delivery staff can't even be bothered to knock on my door or buzz up when there is a package to be delivered? I live in apartment, but the layout is brutally simple - it can't be a misunderstanding. Every single time, if it doesn't fit in my mailbox they can't even be bothered to attempt to see if someones home. It boggles my mind because they have been super quick with the actual delivery the last few times, but fail on the last mile so then I have to go to the post office tomorrow to get the package. Defeats the purpose of delivery.

Not looking for a response from CanadaPostHelps account or whatever either, lol.
It's really simple, they don't have the time to wait a few minutes for people to come down each time they have to deliver something. If you're not there waiting for them then they're not going to try, especially in an apartment building.

Zynx

99 pairs of shoes? Where do you store them all? Do they even got worn?

I do like the look of the Supreme Foamposites. A pretty neat design.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Stolen from reddit

http://watson-um-demo.mybluemix.net/?reset=true

Takes 100 words you input via Twitter or TO Gaf posts or whatever and analyses you.

Edit: on mobile but this is what I used if you guys want to see my analysis.

That really sucks hearing about the talking and stupid jokes at a concert. I really shouldn't be surprised though... It does severely dampen the desire to go to any of them if it is like that.

And fuck y'all! I shall wear my Monster Hunter shirt with pride and pour Coors Lite on all of you at the next meet up! :mad:

All you haters gonna hate. Warmth is here for now.

Warmth is love. Warmth is life.

I've been to the Drake (two weeks ago, I believe) it was pretty good and they let me order it medium rare. The rest I have no been to; it's a bit surprising that Allen's, which has been on here a lot is not on the list.

Note these are the best Burger RESTAURANTS. Best Burger is still Burger's Priest followed by Holy Chuck and then Stockyards, which I can't disagree with.

I'm in the country (close enough to Toronto to post here, imo). And we have community mailboxes.

They're supposed to drive up the road and try to deliver stuff, but don't. They just leave a "Your package is at the post office. Please pick it up at this time." notice in the box. It's annoying how incompetent they are.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
I got 100% for Hedonism

aTO4eIi.jpg

Seriously though I have no idea what to do with this. I just grabbed a post I made about Sliders.

100% self-consciousness. 98% fiery.

I don't even know how read mine.

I had to cobble a whole bunch of my posts together since most of my posts tend to be short. Lol

I used to eat Hero Burger because I used to work at Hero Burger and lunch was free. My boss was honestly the coolest dude I've ever worked for. But, you know, it is what it is: frozen patties, warmed to serve. I don't care for franchises like Five Guys, either, but at least there you get something that tastes relatively decent for the price.

I was at Queen and Beaver a couple years ago and really enjoyed it then. Good burger and damn good beer (they had a special UK Christmas ale with nutmeg that I could never remember the name of and thus find again, but the memory of it is oh so sweet). I've also been to Drake and the Gabardine but I didn't order a burger (the mac'n'cheese at Gabardine is pretty good, though; had it for lunch a couple times).

One of the managers at my store is leaving and there's a staff dinner at Barberian's at the end of month. I don't know if I'm going to go (and it looks like the burger is only a lunch item?) because damn that menu looks a little too pricey for me right now.

mr.rager

99 pairs of shoes? Where do you store them all? Do they even got worn?

I do like the look of the Supreme Foamposites. A pretty neat design.

Fucking love them

Currently have 18 pairs in my room and the rest are in the basement. Probably wore like 80% of the shoes I own but some do get worn a lot more than others (concord 11s, space jams, breds 1 and 4, royal 1s)

All those shoes are some gaudy shit. Makes Donald Trump look subdued. Lol

To non-sneakerheads some of them do look out there, but with the right fit (which a lot of sneakerheads can't do right), shit looks fresh af. You can't tell me this shoe looks gaudy tho.

GOAT shoe.

I went into a Nike Store for the first time in years. You know, running shoes from them aren't really that expensive at all. Considering the prices for name brand (Jordans/Ewings) back in the day were around the $100-$150 mark it seems that the prices really haven't gone up that much, even with inflation.

Eh, the ones in Toronto are fine

Definitely not "baaaaaaaaaad".

Ok, maybe I was exaggerating but I went to the Chruch st. location, ordered some of my usuals and the difference was pretty big. The grilled saba was very disappointing. I guess it isn't bad but for the price they're charging, I'd want something better.

I'd go to Zakkushi over Guu if I was ever feeling like having izakaya food. Zakkushi in Toronto and Vancouver are pretty close in quality.

Quadratic

Speaking of fish and chips, Sea Witch opened near us. The first time (the week they opened) they were less than impressive. Even burnt the batter on the fish. But the two times we've been there since, we've been really happy with them. Good fries too. I'm not a fish and chips expert, but Reliable, One that Got Away and Sea Witch are all decent choices. I saw good reviews for B&B Fish And Chips (also near Leslieville), but was very unimpressed. I mean, I don't mind wrapping your fish in old Chinese newspaper, but I prefer if the fish doesn't actually taste like the newspaper too.

Fish and Chips....

Best in the city is St. Andrews in Scarborough. Fight me with a spoon if you disagree Kuro!

ahdurian

As you all know I was there last Nov. The first place we went to was an Izakaya and it was freakin killer. Biggest difference was the size though; MUCH bigger in Japan.

Did not know that considering ive only been in this thread for about a month
Kuro cool
Unlike this weather
EFF this weather

Top Bottom