• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not seeing Coors Light here...

grinch-smile-o.gif

Sober

Oh cool, right by the Eaton Centre. But so far away from Chinatown/Koreatown.

I guess we can invade The Imperial when they start blasting the music.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Oh cool, right by the Eaton Centre. But so far away from Chinatown/Koreatown.

I guess we can invade The Imperial when they start blasting the music.
There is another Korean Fried Chicken place just north of there too.

Why would you punish yourself with the one-armed chef?!?!?!!!?!?!

Rinoa

Has anyone been to the TenRen on empress walk? I'm never in that area but frands plan to go as we dont wanna hwy7.

We had an event at Horizon restaurant in CN Tower, nice views
B_8xk2_WQAAytBq.jpg

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Has anyone been to the TenRen on empress walk? I'm never in that area but frands plan to go as we dont wanna hwy7.

It used to be pretty good, but quality slid to the level that it's pretty much overpriced garbage now. No point in going when theres a billion better bubble tea places in the area, and another billion better restaurants.

Sweet Ivy

Guys, you know if any of the comic/figurine shops buy gaming statues?
I have to move and I have the Titanfall CE Titan I keep moving around the country and the guy is huge. I'd like to sell it.

<3 Toronto btw

ahdurian

Guys, you know if any of the comic/figurine shops buy gaming statues?
I have to move and I have the Titanfall CE Titan I keep moving around the country and the guy is huge. I'd like to sell it.

<3 Toronto btw

Game Mania probably will. I see it on the Trade-in posts once in a while
and Iceman might as well

also, just picked-up Codename S.T.E.A.M.
Anyone want to buy it off me? I legit just got it for the MM pin preorder bonus =/

Quadratic

You should go try Dumpling King south of Finch in the Northtown condo circle thing. Cheap hole in the wall dumplings, but they're really damn good.

At Dumpling King now Divvy. Hope this place is good because I'm shoulder to shoulder with a large Chinese dude.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Game Mania probably will. I see it on the Trade-in posts once in a while
and Iceman might as well

also, just picked-up Codename S.T.E.A.M.
Anyone want to buy it off me? I legit just got it for the MM pin preorder bonus =/
Sure.

2 dollars, a Burger's Priest double, AND you deliver it. I'll give you 1 TTC token on top of it since you drive a hard bargain as well :)

try the BST thread as well

I'm shoulder to shoulder with a large Chinese dude.
Is that krae man?

Let us know how it goes. I've seen it plenty of times but I'm hesitant to go in.

Kraftwerk

Man, just had the most memorable LCBO experience.

First when I walk in, very busy and people are in all the isles, so hard to pass by. One of the empty isles had a cop standing in front of it, basically blocking the way.

I try to pass by him, and he doesn't move. Then I go "excuse me....?" And he just looks at me. I make a wtf motion with my hands and say excuse me in a more stern voice. He then says "calm down sir!" And moves aside. I'm still like wtf.

So I pass by and start picking my stuff, and a minute later I notice he is trailing me. I walk further back to the back of the store and he is still behind me. I turn around and ask him "can I help you?" And I'm angry at this point. He looks at me and goes "you seem agitated air, is everything OK?"

I tell him im fine, and was agitated earlier because I was in a hurry and you were blocking my way.

He goes "OK sir, just making sure everything is fine." And just walks away.

This out me in a really bad mood. I finish picking my drinks and stand in line. Notice he is behind the cashiers and just staring at me. I just simply stated back at him for the next few minutes until I was out of the store.

Shit really pissed me off. I couldn't even properly stare at the super hot Korean girl with the super short skirt...grrrrr

Anony

i tried going to dumpling king with 4 friends yesterday night
HAHAHA, no room for sure
2 tables of 2 seats and a counter

we opted to go to the other one around the corner..
DO NOT go to that other dumpling place near it, royal dumpling
it's shit

ps: we saw a ferrari there and lots of bmw; how the area has changed

Quadratic

Is that krae man?

Let us know how it goes. I've seen it plenty of times but I'm hesitant to go in.

It was a very large (tall) Chinese dude who ate 5 plates of dumplings. I guess he's still growing.

Back to the dumplings. Surprisingly good! The wrapper had just enough chew and they were not soggy at all (got the steamed pork and chive). The filling was just savory enough. I also got a plate of egg and chive fried dumplings which I didn't like as much as the steamed ones. Still good though. Freshly made. I would definitely get some more varieties on another visit. Or maybe try the beef noodle soup which looked good over at another table. Provided the standard condiments at the counters and tables: vinegar, soy, chili oil.

734c2390-ebb2-4f2d-8a5e-c294e9534d10_zpsibpv3h8l.jpg

4c317489-344f-43e8-be4b-08db653a382c_zpsf9t7s1tk.jpg

The phone was ringing off the hook for take out orders. I assume from the many condos nearby. Just around the corner on the Yonge street side of the building is another competing dumpling spot. Let the wars begin!

EDIT: Just saw Anony's post above. I guess I lucked out and got a counter spot. Maybe I'll only do take out since I'm close by.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Glad you enjoyed it Quadratic. My favourite are the sauerkraut dumplings because they remind me of home. I've never met anyone else who liked them though.

In other news, I've solved downtown's traffic problems

The answer was to construct an enormous roundabout:

Now I just need to find a way to get rid of the fucking Gardiner

Potentially life changing job interview on Monday that I'm arguably qualified for on paper but more then qualified for in reality.

Pretty nervous. FML.

/justsayin

Good luck.
thanks!

I hate looking younger than I am too, that plus my resume on paper is working against me. On one hand I don't want to overthink it but on the other hand getting it would be...ridiculous.

Alright no more thinking about it :p Going to go binge watch some random anime or some shit. And think about gravy no thanks to kuro.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
thanks!

I hate looking younger than I am too, that plus my resume on paper is working against me. On one hand I don't want to overthink it but on the other hand getting it would be...ridiculous.

Alright no more thinking about it :p Going to go binge watch some random anime or some shit. And think about gravy no thanks to kuro.
Just think of Spring and Summer and you'll do fine.

Top Bottom