• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of Newerth |OT| Free-To-Play [PC /Mac /Linux]

IceMarker

dEstI.gif

Guesong

Man I goofed up.

Sorry Swiftlame.

Shame on whoever took hold of hongafunited for himself. That'll teach me to trust human nature.

IceMarker

How are they getting worse at coming up with hero ideas. /sobad

... but we know nothing about the hero, we've only seen A) the concept art and B) we know it's Nome's last designed hero before he left.

If you're judging based on the concept art then let the speculation run wild. ;o

Phandy

... but we know nothing about the hero, we've only seen A) the concept art and B) we know it's Nome's last designed hero before he left.

If you're judging based on the concept art then let the speculation run wild. ;o

I was judging the visual design of the character. S2 have some well designed heroes, mechanically speaking, but most of their actual visual/character design stuff is pretty shocking.

Card Boy

Banned
HoNGaf anyone intrested in doing a Demigod 4pack on Steam? I'm willing to take the plunge. I don't wanna host though. 5bucks a piece.

bzm

i think thats how we know
cy@

Nome

lol, the concept I'm pretty happy with. The in-game outcome... not so much. I gave very specific directions, but they weren't followed.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
Yo, Mr has the right idea, let's get in on this real pic jan shit. I want to see kappy's neckbeard.

With regard to that new hero, she seems stupid good.

Guesong

Ugh, first time playing HoN in a long while and I go on a 5-6 game losing streak.

Sometimes the win just don't come >_> or maybe it's the adjusted MMR screwing me and my friends over...

Good thing is that I didn't even get salty about all of it despite people bashing me (for sometimes no reason truely)! Man did HonGAF train me well <3

Also, alas! I have no picture that'd work resized, so I shall stay as Kermit for now.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
just finished a game where our lego died to neuts 3 mins in and left.

ended up going 15/4 as magmus and winning <3

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Anbokr and Freakinchair, how good is Old Republic, should I buy it?

it's awful.

bought it last week. played it for 2 days. haven't gone back.

what a waste. i should've known what I was getting myself into after I played the beta.

kagete

Bokr and chair are max level buttbuddies in that game now. Anbokr "roleplays" a Sith with an abrasive personality and inferiority complex while freakinchair plays a shaman so that he can follow bokr around and heal him. Bokr likes choosing the dialogue options because it makes him feel like he's in control while chair tolerates him because there is no one else decent in the GAF guild while procarbine is still catching up in levels.

Also, pro talks nonstop on mumble when he's in pvp. They sound like they're having a great time tbh

Swag

it's awful.
Can you elaborate on this a bit more, what didn't you like about it?

Also nice, Boram.
Anbokr "roleplays" a Sith with an abrasive personality and inferiority complex while freakinchair plays a shaman so that he can follow bokr around and heal him. Bokr likes choosing the dialogue options because it makes him feel like he's in control while chair tolerates him because there is no one else decent in the GAF guild while procarbine is still catching up in levels.
I can't tell if your being serious, cause that scenario sounds like it could happen, knowing Bokr and Chair.
Kagete said:
Also, pro talks nonstop on mumble when he's in pvp. They sound like they're having a great time tbh
But is the end game decent?

kagete

They've been playing it nonstop and even throw up a stream once in a while for us on mumble. I like what I see from it, nice modern UI and actual dialogue in quests plus great combat animations. They really got the animations for lightsaber-parrying of projectiles tightened up.

End game, I don't know. Maybe they can chime in on that. I'm tempted myself but I don't have time to play much of anything nowadays.

Swag

They've been playing it nonstop and even throw up a stream once in a while for us on mumble.
Who's stream is it?
Kagete said:
End game, I don't know. Maybe they can chime in on that. I'm tempted myself but I don't have time to play much of anything nowadays.
I'm more curious about this, from my limited understanding of the game it seems to be a single player game in an MMO world? Not sure how the systems in the game work, does it play more like WoW where the game opens up when you reach cap, or is it like GW where you're encouraged to participate with other people from the beginning.

I'd ask in the ToR thread, but I get the feeling everyone will just tell me to buy it.

Top Bottom