• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1-9-9-2-1-1-2-4 to 2-0-1-7-1-1-2-4 Happy 25th Sonic 2

Link1110

It's the 25th anniversary of Sonic 2sday, marking the anniversary of the western release of what some consider the best video game ever (I like 3&k better, but S2 is still amazing!)

Happy anniversary even if I never managed to beat the game.

And I'd like to point out that Forces was released so late for the series's 25th anniversary that it was released just in time to celebrate the same anniversary of the sequel.

Lucumo

I consider Sonic 2 to be the best Sonic game. Awesome stages, awesome music, good controls, multiplayer mode, being able to play almost all the missions together...nothing was able to top that.

jobrro

My favorite of the 2D Sonics. I somehow liked it more than Sonic 3 before I had played either
memories from Blockbuster

Link1110

Stop posting go finish sonic 2
Done. Thanks to the iOS port, can't imagine getting to the last boss, dying then having to do the entire have over for another shot.

I also did the wing fortress speed run strat where you D boost through the propeller.

And how an I the only one on the internet who noticed this anniversary? There's not even a topic about it at sonic retro.

ThaPhantom

Sonic 3 & Knuckles was better but 2 was one of the first games I ever fell in love with. First game I ever purchased with my own money as a kid too. It will forever have a place in my heart.

I think I like Sonic 3 and Knuckles better because of its epic scale, but Sonic 2 was the sequel Sonic needed. What a wonderful refinement on the original

Amazing game. The original Sonic Team were programming wizards. I was an Amiga kid, so I never owned a Genesis/Megadrive back in the day. I actually completed Sonic 2 for the first time on my PSP about ten years ago. It immediately converted me into a traditional (2D) Sonic fan.

entremet

I remember my elementary school crush hated Sonic 2. When I found I crossed her off my list of prospects lol.

Joking aside, she's only person IRL and online that I knew held that opinion. Not my favorite Sonic game for me, that's 3K, but the game is one the best of the 16bit era. It's really a Super Mario World versus Yoshi's Island discussion for me when comparing Sonic 2 and 3K. Both amazing games, some people will like one more than the other. But it's generally agreed that they're excellent titles.

Top Bottom