• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who in your opinion rules the world?

chadskin

The Orb

trump-glowing-orb_twitter-julian-epp_759.jpg

Amalthea

Banned
I don't get why people are so obsessed with the idea that some vaguely singular power controls the world.

I personally think that everybody with enough money, luck or charisma can control the world to some extent but that their personal and political interests are generally too different to call them that "secret world government" some people think of.

JordanN

Banned
Who controls the British crown?
Who keeps the metric system down?
We do, we do!
Who keeps Atlantis off the maps?
Who keeps the Martians under wraps?
We do, we do!
Who holds back the electric car?
Who makes Steve Guttenberg a star?
We do, we do!
Who robs cavefish of their sight?
Who rigs every Oscar night?
We do!
We do!!!

Be close between USA and World bank

Fun fact, richest lady in Africa is richest because she worked at world bank for a few years (Mamphela Ramphele).

CTLance

All of the above.

Also, and I cannot believe it hasn't been mentioned before (or that I missed it): LOVE

C'mon chumps. Where's your romance. Without love we'd be nothing. Just bags of flesh, mindlessly consuming, fornicating, and dying. We'd just be animals. Probably worse than that; intelligent animals. Since it is such an integral part of us, and since we are the dominant species on this planet, it necessarily follows that it is in control.

Kinda-sorta related bonus video/speech

Top Bottom