• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTD| Oh, you're reading manga? How cute...

spiritfox

Man Sket Dance is such a sleeper hit. It's one of those Shonen which goes places where normal Shonen don't go. The mangaka is doing a new story right?

Arabesque

Another thumbs up for Sket Dance.

If its the artist then maybe its not a coincidence about the art lol

He didn't do just a one shot, he did an entire spin off series about Onodera.

He's closer to being a colleague to Komi.

Man Sket Dance is such a sleeper hit. It's one of those Shonen which goes places where normal Shonen don't go. The mangaka is doing a new story right?

Yeah, He's doing a space Adventure/Mystery series now, Astra Lost in Space.

Dungeon Meshi.
Started with this because the premise sounded cool. Marcella is my girl. Her life is hell.

W3VkZY6.jpg

upandaway

Everything about Dungeon Meshi always feels so natural and consistent and all the characters are ultra likable. The stories are all really clever and unique for the setting, the banter's fun, art is amazing, the lore is always peeking in, I honestly don't understand how this manga is happening

Zweizer

Banned
Bah, y'all are putting me out of the recs business.

Anyways, since they've covered pretty much everything else, here are my suggestions:

Ayame and Amane
Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.
Keijo

Okusan
The Voynich Hotel
Nana to Kaoru
Yurika's Campus Life
Tsugumomo
Murcielago
Dulce Report
Sexual Instinct and the Hydrogen Bomb War & The End of Sexual Instinct and the Hydrogen Bomb War

Have fun~

cntr

Banned
Everything about Dungeon Meshi always feels so natural and consistent and all the characters are ultra likable. The stories are all really clever and unique for the setting, the banter's fun, art is amazing, the lore is always peeking in, I honestly don't understand how this manga is happening
Yeah, and the way the plot and the worldbuilding ramps over time is wonderful.

Like, that thing about revive spells. The author thought about and decided "so people would revive others for money, right?", and then they talk about how the physical limitations and difficulties in reviving people, and
then it becomes a major plot point.

I love it when authors think that stuff through.

Lain

So, I got done reading volume 6 of School Live and the question hovering over my head is, why does the author hates these poor girls so damn much?! Talking specifically about how the volume ends.

As far as recommendetions on stuff to read, I'll give thumbs up to
Tetsuwan Girl
A Silent Voice
Sunny
Twin Spica
Velveteen & Mandala
The Flowers of Evil
Teppu
Genkaku Picasso
Historie
Assassination Classroom
My Hero Academia
Alice in Borderland
Giant Killing
Utsubora

Sexual Instinct and the Hydrogen Bomb War & The End of Sexual Instinct and the Hydrogen Bomb War

I remember reading some of this.. can't remember what it was about to save my life.

If I find out you're lying they'll never find the body

Don't shoot/stab/murder/bury/dismember the messenger. I'll be as annoyed as you if this isn't true.

The question is will the return last more than one chapter

Don't shatter my dreams.
Of Rock and Revy's awkward sexual encounters.

Now Loading...! 3
OFFICE YURITOPIA LET'S GO! Called it, though that's not anything to be proud of. I suspect I may have more interest in this side couple than the main pairing, largely because the power of gothloli compels me. The informational parts about game creation are an interesting touch, though they're only skin deep at this point.

Zweizer

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch539-540

Carol x Misuzu let's go!

Jitsu wa Watashi wa ch160.5

Akane x Shirogane let's go!

Now Loading…! ch3

Mari x Meimei let's g- oh wait it's official.

Suzu sure sucks at covering for her friend.

078_01.jpg

The joys of working in the videogame industry.

Revo

Piano no Mori 239

God damn it don't go through such a happy chapter just to drop something like that at the end of it

cntr

Banned
Dr. Stone 5

That fucking face. Things are going really fast, wow.

Appreciate the touch with Tsukasa putting a necklace on the little girl.

Haikyuu!!
C8K3iG1VYAADaAj.jpg:small
C8K4A6lUwAA_Lr8.jpg:small

So many good TsukiHina panels and then also the scolding earlier getting Yams caught up in it too, lol.

Tobio friends with Miya is nice, that interaction ended up being fun with Hinata (and also that panel with Tsuki and Ennoshita too.

Fancolors

Robot x Lazerbeam 1 - 3
I don't feel much tension here. The main character is already too good at golf and so far his lack of emotion makes it a very dull experience.

Zweizer

Banned
One Piece ch861

The last moments of Sanji's happiness~

My Hero Academia ch132

The villains have quite a troublesome weapon here.

Shengar

Pokemon: Festival of Champions

Christ I'm still baffled how this guy is not making an official manga for Pokemon. Toning, panelling, pacing, background, and execution of game concept to manga....I swear this is even surpassed Pokemon Special from sheer quality.

Deadly

Shokugeki no Soma
Damnnnn Isshiki yooo!

One Piece
Alot more setup than expected, also break next week :(

Hero Academia
So that's one of the Big 3 out of commission yikes.

Revo

Shokugeki no Soma 209

I was a bit worried that we wouldnt get serious isshiki this fight due to fighting the replacement seat but glad to be mistaken.

Lain

I got to read Forget Me Not volume 7 today and I found the end sort of disappointing.
First, the MC never really grew up in my eyes, despite his choice at the end showed a will to change, but he has fucked up every.single.time in the entire story at every step.
On the good side, he at least picked the best girl to try and go back to, though I would have preferred that part to actually be expanded and not stop there.

bobohoro

You mean room edge?

It's actually the place where two edges meet.
2edgy4oni

One Piece 861

My faith in Sanji is low enough to see him messing things up.
Nah...or?
I really just hope for him to finally kick some serious ass again.
The wait will be unbearable.

Ascheroth

When you play too much Love Line and have deadlines.

Black Clover
Yeah, not sure what's going on with him. This is the second time in a short timeframe where panels are straight unfinished.
Is he sick? Or just can't keep up with the workload anymore?

dumbyugi

Shokugeki no Soma ch209

I can't believe they brought back the guy from the original oneshot for this lol. I think they might have changed his name but it's still him. Happy that we finally get to see Isshiki be serious.

Kyuur

That scratchy style is actually kind of charming in a way to me. Lack of background in the last panel is the only real problem.

Top Bottom