• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantom Dust |OT| Out of the ashes, into the Dust

Hexer06

Just got my first win online using erase skills to get rid of my opponents arsenal rather than fighting them directly. Seems people aren't realizing you can do this with certain skills and are failing to protect their spawn point in favor of all out combat.

Yeah I had someone do that to me last night. Luckily he only broke 2 Skills before I got to him. So many skills to learn again. Lol.

Gestault

Yeah I had someone do that to me last night. Luckily he only broke 2 Skills before I got to him. So many skills to learn again. Lol.

I forget the single-player mission number, but it's the first one that teaches you about ability-clearing attacks. I feel like a lot of players (myself included) could use about five more missions built around that structure.

Hexer06

Cool. Just wanted to be sure.
Only other question is can you edit decks in SP is that MP only? I just started playing and finished the mission with chunky
I believe you get to start making your own after chapter 3 but I'm not positive. Someone else might have to help with that. Can't remember exactly cuz I haven't played single player that much.

dlauv

This game is kind of fun, but getting your Aura count lowered and having attacks erased can be a bit tedious. I also wish, during casting, that you could put some "English" or angling on your projectiles. I could imagine it happening during the casting animation by use of the control stick.

I'm about 2 or 3 hours into the story mode and going to the multiplayer mode felt completely alien in terms of deck building and buying cards, so I guess I'm not ready for it.

Alucrid

Banned
Wow, holy fucking shit, ok.

FOR ANYONE EXPERIENCING INSTANT CRASH ON BOOT UP: Go to your sound settings in windows and in the advanced tab of the properties panel of your audio output, change the sample rate of your audio from 96k hz to 48k hz.

An obscure-ass fix, but I'm glad the game works now. Maybe Zeta Oni can add it to the OP.

(found out about it from a reviewer in the store page of the game)

lol. thanks for this

So the game is free, I'm worried stuff has been stripped out and repackaged. I mean, I saw the DLC before the game came out last night.

Have there been any insane/bad balances changes to? I have time to dedicate into the core mechanics but is this going to be the inferior version?

wwm0nkey

So the game is free, I'm worried stuff has been stripped out and repackaged. I mean, I saw the DLC before the game came out last night.

Have there been any insane/bad balances changes to? I have time to dedicate into the core mechanics but is this going to be the inferior version?
Nothing has changed or been removed from the OG version.

FyreWulff

Just wait for me to erase your Particles to where you can't GET to Phantom Dust.

trolling the troll deck. it's turtle dust all the way down

Nope. Still the same game.

also decided to say fuck the bandwidth cap and downloaded the One version too. Did notice the Xbox version is waay darker on the same monitor.

Hexer06

The dlc is mainly for ppl who don't wanna go through single player to unlock everything. You can still play SP to unlock everything. So no, it's not been cut and messed with to make you buy anything.

Gestault

It's in the OP, but nothing is stripped out. It's literally nothing but good news (like being able to skip story missions after failing them three times, but you still get the unlocks/credits). The free DLC is just a deck to start with so you can go into multi without playing single-player. The paid one just unlocks the full deck for building, but you get that stuff normally from story mode.

dlauv

It says right on the store page that there have been balance changes, under features.

Edit: Cool! That's prudent.

Zeta Oni

It says right on the store page that there have been balance changes, under features.

Currently they are still evaluating which balance changes to make:

We have not made any balance changes yet. The only one on the docket right now is putting expirations on all environmental capsules that didn't already have them, due to a technique called "hanging", which we can't fix in code (because no source) but we could address in data.

We're mulling over the idea of 3-4 minute expirations on those, but it won't be lower than that.

We want to wait and see how play evolves now that more people have access to the game than ever before.

Gestault

Right, there are potential competative/exploit balances. They show the revision version on the main menu, and it can be hotfixed without needing a patch. I don't know what (any?) changes are in place now, but heavy players haven't come across any issues.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So I forget: When do you unlock the solo and triple-school arsenals in the singleplayer?

Thanks for the replies. Well, I finished Persona 5 earlier today so I guess this is my next game.

Man all these characters with belts and belt buckles, what is this, Guilty Gear or something?

sugarman

I have a pretty large friends list and not a single person was playing this game yesterday other than myself.

I wonder if the normies have even heard it exists.

Strootman

How the hell do I kill peccato in the 2nd form?

He doesn't take any damage and I can't protect myself from his attacks...

EDIT: I did it.

Hexer06

I have a pretty large friends list and not a single person was playing this game yesterday other than myself.

I wonder if the normies have even heard it exists.

I highly doubt any "normies" know this game exists. That's why it's our job to tell them about it :p. And don't forget to join the phantom dust gaf club. Link should be in the OP. I have a feeling I'll probly be using that to look for ppl to play with.

Freiya

Am I the only one having problems connecting to anyone online? I mean I can't connect to a single person while playing win 10 and I have zero problems in other games.

This is a weird ass game, but there is something in the rhythm and ebb of fights that tells me there is scope for crazy skill ceilings...

This is a big deal for me. The hours my best friend and I spent on this on his OG Xbox are innumberable. I can't wait to play online with him.

kogasu

Still loving this game to death. I used to play single player missions endlessly but truly yesterday was the first time I got to experience the multiplayer.

It was nice! I'll be hopping in and out there from time to time so if you see 'neverlith' say hi. It's me!

FyreWulff

is it me or do all mini-USB cables disconnect very easily from an S controller. trying to use it as a wired controller for PC version but that gets annoying.. switching to Xbox version for now

Playing through the story first. Seems intwreating, and seems like it will be a very skill based game in multiplayer. Can red see me sinking some time into this.

Hexer06

is it me or do all mini-USB cables disconnect very easily from an S controller. trying to use it as a wired controller for PC version but that gets annoying.. switching to Xbox version for now

Hmm. I'm not sure. I use the Windows Wireless Adapter. Used to use the play n charge chord and that seemed to work fine.

UraMallas

I can't get this to install on my Xbox One. It keeps failing at 5% over and over and over. I delete and and try to download it. I pause and unpause it. Anybody else having this issue?

Top Bottom