• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adam Boyes Confirms: Call of Duty: Ghosts is Native 1080p on PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wille517

Neo Member
He's talking like he would be out of a job or something. Don't think EA alone would make him think like this.
Well the sad reality is that EA is freaking massive and what ever bullshit they manage to get away with eventually filters throughout the entire industry, the way they DLC is a prime example. It being Sessler I have zero doubt in my mind that he is expressing his emotions right now with extreme hyperbole but that wouldn't rule out a him seeing the winds are changing if you will.

Spongebob

Banned
I thought DICE already said that PS4 is 900p...No beggie at all, also whats Sessler drama?
The only thing DICE said about the rendering resolution of BF4 on PS4 was that it was greater than 720p. 900p could be inferred from that though....

Read Kevin Dunt's post some pages back in this thread, apparently gaming journos are running into issues with game capture on PS4. That's what Sessler's twitter posts are referring to.

I know Arthur Gies is not liked around here, but what do you make of this?

VLYXf04.png

Couldn't the "Video" problem be from the big developers, not Sony/MS?

Could this be Activision/EA/Ubi etc.. saying reviewers couldn't monetize off there games via video reviews?

Spongebob

Banned
I know Arthur Gies is not liked around here, but what do you make of this?

http://i.imgur.com/VLYXf04.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
I don't think we should be making anything of it, posting about his twitter comments does nothing for proper discussion.

[quote="IN&OUT, post: 87645370"]is Xbox One COD still 720p? because that what cased internet explosion, does it not Albert?[/QUOTE]
Yes, it's almost certainly 720p.

I thought DICE already said that PS4 is 900p...No beggie at all, also whats Sessler drama?

Dunno, something that will affect his livelihood, and a small subset of journalist. Also nothing to do with Xbox One.

Speculation abound now is that maybe Sony is preventing ads from being run over PS4 footage.

IN&OUT

Banned
The only thing DICE said about the rendering resolution of BF4 on PS4 was that it was greater than 720p. 900p could be inferred from that though....

Read Kevin Dunt's post some pages back in this thread, apparently gaming journos are running into issues with game capture on PS4. That's what Sessler's twitter posts are referring to.

I don't give a single f**ck about game reviews, is PS4 power still intact? :)

Maybe this could be a mixture of a Somy HDCP issue and a other companies YouTube restriction on outside profit issue
Being mixed together where some people are discussing about one issue while others are agreeing thinking it is the other

IN&OUT

Banned
Dunno, something that will affect his livelihood, and a small subset of journalist. Also nothing to do with Xbox One.

Speculation abound now is that maybe Sony is preventing ads from being run over PS4 footage.

To hell with all this, when I first came I thought PS4 received a hardware downgrade! but thank god it wasn't.

The Sessler situation refers to Sony saying only certain outlets are going to be able to directly capture footage at launch.

Except we already know this because only selected outlets have debug kits, and if reviewers want to capture PS4 footage (legally without HDCP stripping), they need to wait until the patch that removes the HDCP capture is added.

This sounds a lot more serious than "IGN and Gamespot will have an exclusivity period of direct capture footage because they're bigger than me."

Metfanant

I dont think its monetization, Dent mentioned they were told they were to pretty much pretend the event didnt happen no? Basically being told to ignore the issues with connectivity. It sounds like it goes beyond simply just HDCP stuff, and more to do with who can use what content and who can't. Seems like some content publishers will get coverage, others wont.
Right, but if Mortimer is right that this stems from a CoD event...then this is ACTIVISION causing a stir?...I mean losing the ability to use footage from any ACTIVISION game would be a big deal...

The HDCP stuff is obviously a Sony issue...but we all know that is being fixed for EVERYONE not just the press...I just don't see why Sessler would be so upset knowing that HDCP is being fixed....and I doubt Sony would invite him to the Killzone preview event and then shaft him so hard in regards to his livelihood....

Sounds more like an issue from this "CoD event"

hawk2025

...wait.

Wait a minute.

If this is a Sony thing (or hell, a third party thing), and Gies was asked NOT to talk about it and has been keeping it from us, the general public, why in the fuck is he revealing the information about a competitor to Albert Penello, of all people?

How the hell is this ok in this industry?

-griffy-

Banned
Couldn't the "Video" problem be from the big developers, not Sony/MS?

Could this be Activision/EA/Ubi etc.. saying reviewers couldn't monetize off there games via video reviews?

Very well could be. None of the "personalities" has said it is Sony, just that it has nothing to do with Microsoft because everyone was assuming that and asking about it. And likewise everyone here is jumping to the conclusion that if it isn't Microsoft it must be Sony. None of us has any real idea of what is going on or what the issue is. We just know that Sessler is upset about something.

Spongebob

Banned
...wait.

Wait a minute.

If this is a Sony thing (or hell, a third party thing), and Gies was asked NOT to talk about it and has been keeping it from us, the general public, why in the fuck is he revealing the information about a competitor to Albert Penello, of all people?

This is Arthur Gies were talking about here.

My friend told me "Hey you should sign up for this site that I go to that has lots of great info its called NEOGAF, but be cautious because it will consume you"

That being said I was supposed to be asleep two hours ago. I'm here laying in bed next to my wife refreshing the page every two minutes on my phone while watching breaking bad on my tablet.

I LOVE THIS PLACE!

IN&OUT

Banned
Last I remember Cboat saying something between the lines of " Something big is gonna happen, risks everywhere" got any info on that?

I don't think this is video capture issue!

Wille517

Neo Member
...wait.

Wait a minute.

It's not it would be paramount to corporate espionage thats why I'm saying this has to be a winds are changing in the youtube commentator world and it revolves are around a large and powerful notoriously dickish 3rd party.

Maybe he wasn't invited.

Seriously, if you want to bitch publicly on twitter, then bitch properly. Cryptic passive aggressive, something bad happened to me I can't say, you know what I'm talking about, you know. Bleh.
God I hate twitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom