• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adam Boyes Confirms: Call of Duty: Ghosts is Native 1080p on PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krakn3Dfx

IGbeOPx.jpg

Man, first replies on Twitter are almost always great.

Yep, nothing to do with XBox One at all.

sNgltsP.gif

SRTtoZ

Except the internet explosion has everything to do with the Xbox One lol. Arthur and Adam may not be talking about Xbox One, but that's hardly what the entirety of today's ass-storm was about.

Exactly. We exploded over certain games and resolutions, then came the cryptic tweets and people thought they were related when they weren't. Two separate issues entirely.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Someone clarify something for me.

So, assuming it is Sony enforcing some sort of copyright claim where people aren't allowed to monetize/edit game footage... wouldn't that only just apply to their 1st party games? I would think its up to the individual publisher, wouldn't it?

this is what i get from reading in between the lines.
That is a good guess would explain why Sessler is disappointed about it while other major sites could care less

oh and the other guys... Anything bad related to Sony is a field day for them

they've been deprived for Months now you know

Jabba

Banned
I don't understand this. Why the outrage by Sessler and Polygon man and so forth? If MS is trying to push you around, just tell the truth. Just say whatever it is that's happening. Be a reporter. Truth. Transparency. Not cowering and hiding. What is this? You afraid MS won't give you an exclusive down the road? Maybe you won't get the games early? Who cares? Tell the truth.

The story isn't the game you need an early copy of to rush a review out the door. [Assuming speculation about embargos are true] The story is MS trying to silence criticism. *THAT* is the story. So report on it. Truth to power, like you said, right?

I agree with you here Jobbs. There is a niche for anyone willing to report the truth about this industry. Getting games that someone actually paid for would be a start. We need an equivalent of The Audio Critic in the games industry. Said this a few times. Although AC didn't make it for telling too much truth.

I have no idea what the Ses, Gies tweets are about. They should report wtf they are talking about.

Darksol

CBOAT + Mortimer > Dent. Every time.

And whatever fellow junior it was who doubted CBOAT needs a bucket of ice water dumped on their head.

At least do the tiniest bit of research on a source before calling them out, so that you don't look like a complete tool.

Can someone please help me catch up, what happened the last 7 hours while I was asleep? Why was the other thread locked?

The xbox-centric propaganda machine are continuing to find an angle of any sort; in order to try and balance out the negative image of the xbox720p; by trying to knock the PS4 image down a peg.

Unfortunately, they are running dry and grasping at straws. As such, they are left trying to make a mountain out of a small hill of sand; which appears to currently reside in Sessler's vagina.

I think that covers it.

I-hate-u

So is the jist of it is that Sony is making life harder on journalists who trying to upload content from their supposedly limited amount of PS4 kits they have?

Why would Sony do this in the first place and why haven't we heard anything from the bigger sites like IGN and Gamespot staff?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I have to ask what program did you use and what filters? It seems this is way too good upscaling. The differences are there but less obvious than I thought.

It's just the BF4 console command to take a screenshot (which dumped it at the native resolution of the game) and then I upscaled it with whatever default is on irfanview.

I do have FXAA High on in game so it does have a blur filter.

rjinaz

So is the jist of it is that Sony is making life harder on journalists who trying to upload content from their supposedly limited amount of PS4 kits they have?

Why would Sony do this in the first place and why haven't we heard anything from the bigger sites like IGN and Gamespot staff?

Hmm could depend on how they get paid I guess. It may not affect everybody the same way, whatever the news is.

Eric WK

One theory is that Youtube monetization is the biggest issue. IGN and Gamespot don't rely on that revenue, but outlets like Rev3 do.

cdkee

Banned
The whole Sony thing might only be due to YouTube? So IGN, Gamespot, etc who use their own proprietary video player are fine?

IN&OUT

Banned
ha, guys can someone brief me on what happened today?

I left the internet after IGN 720p BF+COD rumors, what happened next?

Wille517

Neo Member
So just gonna do some deductive logic here the insider previews this week were AC4, Ghosts, and BF4; Sony didn't hold anything we know he went to the Ghost and BF4 events uncertain about AC4 we know that Activision always talks about user generated content so them doing something like this isn't likely, Sony wasn't talking to anyone to state a new policy to begin with so I am going to go out on a limb here and postulate that EA has decided to pull one of there trademark douche canoe moves and that what has him pissed.

Mahonay

Banned
The whole Sony thing might only be due to YouTube? So IGN, Gamespot, etc who use their own proprietary video player are fine?
Seems to be the case. If that's what's actually happening. God this shit is confusing when no one can say what is actually happening with out losing their jobs.

SRTtoZ

One theory is that Youtube monetization is the biggest issue. IGN and Gamespot don't rely on that revenue, but outlets like Rev3 do.

But this would be a huge story from every news agency and there would be more than Adam Sessler complaining about it. It would affect people who get millions of hits on their videos.

badb0y

Wtf? GAF exploded because of Jeremy Conrad saying Xbox One version of CoD:Ghosts was 720p confirmed. Then CheapyD chimed in and then Arthur Gies too.

We all just assumed Sessler was talking about the same thing but apparently not.

So all is not well Mr. Penello.

From my understanding so far:

1.) CoD Ghosts is 1080p/60FPS on PS4 and 720p/60 FPS on Xbox One.
2.) BF4 is 900p/60FPS on PS4 and 720p/60FPS on Xbox One.
3.) Sessler, Dent, and Gies were all talking about some video capture issue with their cryptic messages.

tkalamba

So we still don't know the answer as to why X1 reviews are going to be out later for multiplat games.

scheduling, both consoles seem to be following a 4 week content calendar.

They release 1 week apart, the reviews will come one week apart. Just like how the ads seem to be flowing out 1 week apart.

It is pretty common for reviews to coincide with major advertising and marketing blitzes across many industries. They are timed specifically to maximize hype, and tend to follow a 4 week schedule. It's done the same way with the clients I work on (autos, not gaming, but it is common for packaged goods, tech, beauty products etc.)

It's all about timing.

diggler41

So just gonna do some deductive logic here the insider previews this week were AC4, Ghosts, and BF4; Sony didn't hold anything we know he went to the Ghost and BF4 events uncertain about AC4 we know that Activision always talks about user generated content so them doing something like this isn't likely, Sony wasn't talking to anyone to state a new policy to begin with so I am going to go out on a limb here and postulate that EA has decided to pull one of there trademark douche canoe moves and that what has him pissed.

He's talking like he would be out of a job or something. Don't think EA alone would make him think like this.

Metfanant

Also...thinking about something else....

Harvey Dent (bad joke I know) mentioned that this all stemmed from a "publishers event" and he would name them if he thought it was important....then Mortimer responded about the "CoD" event....

Now as far as I know....Sony's review event is in November...is it not possible that the HDCP thing is Sony issue (being fixed) but this YouTube/monetization/Sessler's wife stuff is ACTIVISION not wanting their games captured???...not being able to include video of Ghosts in a video would be a BIG DEAL for a site like Sessler's...

ironcreed

Banned
The xbox-centric propaganda machine are continuing to find an angle of any sort; in order to try and balance out the negative image of the xbox720p; by trying to knock the PS4 image down a peg.

Unfortunately, they are running dry and grasping at straws. As such, they are left trying to make a mountain out of a small hill of sand; which appears to currently reside in Sessler's vagina.

I think that covers it.

LOL

Eric WK

But this would be a huge story from every news agency and there would be more than Adam Sessler complaining about it. It would affect people who get millions of hits on their videos.

Sorry, I should have been clearer. The idea is that a major publisher or whoever (again, specifics are hard to come by) is restricting the use of their intellectual property in videos that are monetized.

Joco

Wait, this is Sony? I thought he was talking about Microsoft this whole time.

Apparently. Which doesn't make any sense to me, since the X1 is the console that has an embargo on reviews until launch... meanwhile - as far as I know - Sony has no such policy in place for the PS4.

Orca

Sorry but saying that it has "nothing" to do with XBONE is a lie.

I think he tweeted that after reaching out to Sessler and some others, so it's possible that THAT particular explosion - that we still don't have details about - is the one he meant.

Anyone remember earlier when a mod called for the 'hyperbole' to die down? Doesn't seem like the suggestion really took lol

tkalamba

Also...thinking about something else....

Harvey Dent (bad joke I know) mentioned that this all stemmed from a "publishers event" and he would name them if he thought it was important....then Mortimer responded about the "CoD" event....

Now as far as I know....Sony's review event is in November...is it not possible that the HDCP thing is Sony issue (being fixed) but this YouTube/monetization/Sessler's wife stuff is ACTIVISION not wanting their games captured???...not being able to include video of Ghosts in a video would be a BIG DEAL for a site like Sessler's...

I dont think its monetization, Dent mentioned they were told they were to pretty much pretend the event didnt happen no? Basically being told to ignore the issues with connectivity. It sounds like it goes beyond simply just HDCP stuff, and more to do with who can use what content and who can't. Seems like some content publishers will get coverage, others wont. They essentially can only use B-Roll approved by the game publishers. This means they also can't really show anything unfavorable about a given title.

IGbeOPx.jpg

Man, first replies on Twitter are almost always great.

Look, I'm sure Albert is a nice guy in real life. He's probably swell. I don't envy his position. He even has a GAF account. But to say all is well in Redmond and have sweet dreams. Fuck off. Give me one reason why I should buy your console for $500. I am your fucking fanbase. I have bought every CoD game since two on 360. I'm done. I'm out. I know you are probably even lurking, but don't want to post for fear of getting flamed. That's fine. I don't blame you. The suits and the execs are the problem. I'm just saying don't brush this off as nothing or as GAF being GAF. I am being given the choice of two machines this November. One is playing CoD at 1080p Native and is $100 cheaper and the other is playing at 720p for $100 more.

How can you brush that off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom