• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

otapnam

really really really hoping the final code runs THAT much better than the beta. cant afford to upgrade right now :(

isual

not getting the ps3 version. but this is interesting....

If I upgrade to PlayStation 4, what happens with my physical PlayStation 3 disk?
You must have the PlayStation 3 Battlefield 4 disk in your PlayStation 4 in order to play BF4 on PS4.

If I upgrade to PlayStation 4, what happens with my physical PlayStation 3 disk?
You must have the PlayStation 3 Battlefield 4 disk in your PlayStation 4 in order to play BF4 on PS4.

But of course. Guess I'm gonna wait then.

Wat

That is really weird (and annoying)

Nori Chan

360 and X1 reporting. Won't have the friends I usually play when next gen comes so I would love to play with a 5 man squad here with Gaf that likes to communicate, win, have fun and are veterans of the BF series. I am Recon player (Suck it haters). I was a rank 52 Colonel in BF3 and a 20 star recon as well.

Hope to see the 360 guys on the battlefield. With this and Arkham origins keeping me busy until the X1 release, I hope to play this game a lot.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Where is the console thread?

No1currs. *sunglasses* Dealwithit.gif and all that.

;)

Anyway, I gotta pay off my pre-order for the PC version. I mayyyyy get the PS3 version for Black Friday but I dunno if I really want to do that or not.

Also the lack of "USE YOUR KIT ITEMS YOU DUMBASSES" in the OP is disturbing. Over is a CoD kiddie, confirmed. ;)

Gaz_RB

I'm gonna try to get this bad boy to run on my PC. The beta wasn't working so well for me. I wish the PS4 was coming out sooner!

well... yeah...

you either have to trade the disk back in (360) or use the disk to play (PS3) when upgrading for $10.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
According to Origin I put 41 hours into the beta, so I suspect I will enjoy the full game plenty.

Sweet OP. Loved the beta, the island map videos give me a kind of Wake Island on steroids vibe, can't wait to try it out. I'm even seriously considering getting Premium too.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Premium is kinda worth it but kinda isn't. I really wish they'd have double exp on perma for it simply because BF3's leveling was a drag and they're extending that further in BF4 (Even if they're dropping levels in 4). The map packs are kinda... short-changed... if you pre-ordered somewhere giving you a map pack like Gamestop. I get China Rising twice for free... whoopie?

The dogtags and repeat weapon skins in BF3 were kinda a bore. I really do wish they did more with that instead of recycling the same guns and giving them like 2-3 weapon skins each.

I can not wait for the game, however the Premium membership is not enticing at all, especially when I see the second expansion to consist of maps I played in BF3 and can still play. (not to mention metro being one of those maps just completely puts me off!)

Also I thought China Rising was already included if you pre-ordered at the right place?

Worst OT I've seen.

What could have been Over, what could have been...

Pretty much. There is a PC performance thread which can hopefully filter out most of the specs talk from this thread. If that doesn't work a separate console thread can always be made later on.

So what you're saying is this is the PC thread, right? It has to be. There's console information in the OP

Jtrizzy

Glad to hear the ps4 version will be out ahead of launch, otherwise we might not find out the resolution in time to make a decision. Praying for 900p.

Bombless

Was on the fence until the beta was patched and the constant stuttering got away. Bought through GMG. BRRRRRRRRRRRING IT!

I feel the Xbox gets the better end of this deal unless you're gonna go back and forth between playstations.
How is giving up the 360 disk better than keeping the PS3 disk? You still have to install the XB1 game and you still have to use the XB1 disk to launch the game. The only material difference between the two upgrades is you can still play the PS3 version if you want, but you can't play the 360 version since you trade in in the disk.

Jtrizzy

Thought you were going to abandon us and go full pc like sekoku

Hell no, I miss you guys. BC2 is still my favorite mp experience of all time. In fact I was a bit disappointed to see he won't be joining us. I'm sure I'll cave anyway if it turns out to be 720p, but I really hope it isn't. Mistaking a distant jaggie for an enemy is what kills me about low res on a big 1080p set though.

Funny thing is the only reason I built a PC was for playing bf3 maxed out 1080p60 etc, but I never had the skills on kb/m. I think playing so many hundreds of hours of bc2 trained my brain a certain way and I couldn't adapt.

I've never pre-ordered from GMG before but I did with this. They said the keys will be released closer to launch. Anyone who's preordered with them before know how soon "closer" may mean?

I'm really hoping they get sent out a few days early so I can pre-load that 30gb install.

Jtrizzy

I hope they re make some of the classic bc2 maps for this, but it doesn't seem like they can do that sort of destruction anymore.

Tarin02543

Very nice OP.

Bought bf4+china rising yesterday on greenmengaming for the very nice price of 37 €

In stores you'd pay 59.99 € easily.

Bring on next week!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom