• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jtrizzy

The usual gang (evolved, faceless, olimpia, nostyle, JJD, meppi, etc.) are still here, Abu is coming back for the PS4 supposedly

I don't think crack even play bf anymore lol.

Our old bc2 leaderboard:
http://bfbcs.com/stats_lb/1007580

Wow what a blast from the past looking at that list. We'll have to harass Abu on steam lol. I do wish crak (and many others) from that list would return though, he was cool.

Hopefully there will be tougher competition this time, I remember times when like 2 of us would enter super lop sided matches and completely change the outcome. Never mind 8+ gaffers, at that point we would just toy with the other team.

Wow what a blast from the past looking at that list. We'll have to harass Abu on steam lol. I do wish crak (and many others) from that list would return though, he was cool.

Hopefully there will be tougher competition this time, I remember times when like 2 of us would enter super lop sided matches and completely change the outcome. Never mind 8+ gaffers, at that point we would just toy with the other team.

Well, we add quite a few regulars during bf3.
Many of the 360 side players are also getting on the PS platform so :p

(although it'll probably be bad at the beginning as we readjust to the new rosters.)

Jtrizzy

Damn I hadn't even thought of all the 360 players that'd be coming over. Hopefully there is a decent clan system, and the friends list from PS3 carries over seamlessly. I'd love to see something like steam groups where you go to a page and can see everyone playing, and you can add people to the friends list from there.

I have no desire to sit there and add everyone's psn tag with a controller.

Damn I hadn't even thought of all the 360 players that'd be coming over. Hopefully there is a decent clan system, and the friends list from PS3 carries over seamlessly. I'd love to see something like steam groups where you go to a page and can see everyone playing, and you can add people to the friends list from there.

I have no desire to sit there and add everyone's psn tag with a controller.

Since you can join games via battlelog now, I just click the person I want to join on the PC.
Then instantly my ps3 starts joining that person's game.

(the benefit of a dual - triple monitor setup.)

It's a lazy way to do it if you honestly don't want to add people to your friend list.

Now...if only commander mode can be the same (ex: commander mode on my pc while I still game on the ps4.)

Blutonium

This and Dark Souls II will be my games of the generation for sure. Spent way too many hours in BF3.

My PC and clan are ready 4 battle! PUMPED!

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Beta was awesome on PC. It will be hard not to snatch this up day one but I'm getting this for PS4 with Premium launch day.

Totally double dipping at a later date though.

dc89

My PS4 is ready.
Well not ready, ready. Not ready here under the TV ready. It may be ready in a factory. But it's ready.

My PS4 is gonna be busy this November shootbanging, guns blazin' and dudebro'ing all over the place with Killzone: SF, Battlefield 4 and CoD: Ghosts. Let's go.

Varth

So... wishlist?

Coming from PS3, getting PS4 at launch. Will consider Premium, but AFTER Second Ass, since maps are among the worst of BF3.

Better map design. No more maps that feature 2/3 space that's totally useless and empty.
Better weapon balance. No more shotgun sniping across 2 miles.
Ability to report glitchers from ingame lobby (altough I guess video capture will be a godsend for that).
Better spread of players among the game modes.

Ubersnug

Seriously, I haven't experienced this level of hype for a game in a long while.

Picking up the Xbox 360 version then upgrading to the Xbox One version on teh 22nd of November.

Do we have a list of Gamertags of all the people buying this on the 360/XOne?

Salsa

man

I dont have money atm

but all my BF buds gonna do the usual and revive for the first 6 months of this thing and then die out

need to get it

CatPee

The usual gang (evolved, faceless, olimpia, nostyle, JJD, meppi, etc.) are still here, Abu is coming back for the PS4 supposedly

I don't think crack even play bf anymore lol.

Our old bc2 leaderboard:
http://bfbcs.com/stats_lb/1007580

I'm down if the old gang is making a comeback. Won't be able to yell into the mic like the old days though since the 15th is 4 days after my double-jaw surgery.

My body + $75 game and Premium PC order is ready.

derFeef

According to Origin I put 41 hours into the beta, so I suspect I will enjoy the full game plenty.

Damn!

I got to 15 or something like that. I hope the other new maps are as good as Shanghai.
And I hope the levolution stuff is not as easy exploitable as the tower in the final game. I don't want 3 RPG shots being able to destroy the dam.

derFeef

So, will everyone still go engineer?
I am support first and foremost, so I would welcome that - providing dem propelled grenades.

Milennia

I am support first and foremost, so I would welcome that - providing dem propelled grenades.

With the new reloading mechanic , i have to go support , or else a lot of bads are going to run out if ammo in 2 clips-.-

derFeef

Engie is def. the msot versatile class, blowing up tanks is just fun. Glad they provided some tools for the other classes this time. The Airburst is fun as hell, even if I still did not fully understand how to aim it precisely.

Also sad I got my new monitor the day after the beta ended, but BF4 will be glorious in 2560x1440 on 27" :eek:

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Damn!

I got to 15 or something like that. I hope the other new maps are as good as Shanghai.
And I hope the levolution stuff is not as easy exploitable as the tower in the final game. I don't want 3 RPG shots being able to destroy the dam.

I got well and truly hooked by the beta. 41 hours on one map.

My 770 4G arrived today, so I'm looking forward to seeing how it flexes in BF4.

Marvel

could never
It'll only be £10 to upgrade to the next-gen version? wow, how did I miss that?

Hmm don't know what to do now lol, go in dark (missed the beta) or play it immediately, decisions decisions.

derFeef

I got well and truly hooked by the beta. 41 hours on one map.

My 770 4G arrived today, so I'm looking forward to seeing how it flexes in BF4.

I really enjoyed that map more than any other BF3 map. The fact that battles and skrimishes are taking place on the whole map instead of just at a few hotzones like every CP in BF3 makes it so much more fun. It was just a whole of nothing between the CP's and it felt like taking a mission in GTA where you first need to drive to the point where it's taking place, heh.

I feel like a bit of a whore for doing it but yeah I'm gonna do the buy now upgrade later thing.

Hopefully the PS3 version doesn't play and look like trash.

Tekku

I will go support as well. The XM25 is the most interesting weapon they've added in a long while to this series. It fills a gap I didn't even know existed.

Dis3ngag3d

Unconfirmed Member
I will go support as well. The XM25 is the most interesting weapon they've added in a long while to this series. It fills a gap I didn't even know existed.

If you never got to play it, BF2142 had the XM25 in a different form. It was the assault class grenade launcher. It's nice to have it back because it was great in 2142 for taking out people behind cover and on top of buildings.

jet1911

Crap, Ineed to buy the game today before I forget lol. Hopefully I'll get my new GPU this friday so I'll be able to install it before the game is out. Cheapest place to buy the PC version?

Tekku

If you never got to play it, BF2142 had the XM25 in a different form. It was the assault class grenade launcher. It's nice to have it back because it was great in 2142 for taking out people behind cover and on top of buildings.

Cool! I didn't know that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom