• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles (EU) release moved up, Now August 19th

kanugo

Finally, a release date.

Will buy the Collector's Edition with the controller if they don't announce a pack with the console.

Mistle

I want this game so bad. I only recently really looked it up, and my god does it look good. I've been waiting out for a great console JRPG for quite some time.

Cygnus X-1

I don't really understand the position of NOA anyway. The localization at this point would be extremely easy, because even the translation in english has already been done.

The irony of this coming to Europe is that, despite living in the UK, I have a US and Japanese Wii and 4.3 firmware (which I don't think can be hacked for region-free methods) and so will miss out :p

sphinx said:
I don't doubt the game is legitimately good but this thing with xenoblade just went viral and all. There is no way it will live up to the expectations and hype people are displaying here.

I predict threads like "Lttp: Xenocrap chonicles".. and such

PumpkinPie said:
No, but it's an RPG...for the Wii. I don't think that sentence has ever actually been written before.

TheBranca18 said:
People just want to play more RPGs on the Wii. A lot of people haven't played the game but from what I remember of the thread it received relatively positive reviews from GAF folks. I'd buy a Wii if Xenoblade/Last Story came to America.

Nahh, all completely wrong. People just want to play JRPGs in general, no matter what platform, and there's nothing worthwhile on the horizon, certainly nothing like Xenoblade. The people making it also help. It'd be better if this was right because in that case I could be playing RPGs on the 360 and the PS3 but there is nothing worthwhile :-/ Apart from this, this game looks like it could be the best JRPG of this generation. And yeah there are a few niche games from small developers, and there have been about three or four worthwhile JRPGs this gen, but nothing like the best of the PS2 imo. Of course people are excited.

Shiggy

wii_xenoblade-chronicl6cmi.jpg

ccproredmdh6.jpg

I won't upload the screens, sorry.

Luigiv

JustAnotherOtaku said:
The irony of this coming to Europe is that, despite living in the UK, I have a US and Japanese Wii and 4.3 firmware (which I don't think can be hacked for region-free methods) and so will miss out :p
You can hack 4.3, you just need to rent a copy of Lego Indiana Jones 2 to do it (It's a shame the bannerbomb team gave up with 4.3).

Shiggy

LiquidMetal14 said:
Importing then, thanks!

NoA dropped the ball here.

Edited my post, you still need a Wii Remote, but only for transmitting the input as the CC Pro has no wireless technology.

Gambit said:
Not one that I am aware of. I just assume that once the plastic is broken, the logo would be gone and the poor little toddlers (or their parents) don't know anymore if it's age-appropriate. So, generally they are on the cover itself.

To me, sticking the logo on the plastic would be ideal. I don't even mind the thought behind the logos. It's just that I hate how they destroy the artworks.

Wouldn;t this be a smart way to combat second hand sales... i.e. it would become illegal to resell the game as the rating was on the original plastic wrap?

LiK

Shiggy said:
Edited my post, you still need a Wii Remote, but only for transmitting the input as the CC Pro has no wireless technology.
He better have a wiimote if he has a wii!

This... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAYBui5ghJ0

... along with the mario galaxy series, is shocking indictment of just how little effort most devs ever put into wii visuals.... it has a million times more charm than FFXIII with a tiny % of the visual power.

Most wanted game of the year after Zelda (and Uncharted 3 depending on what day it is).

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
CruxisMana said:
Either way, it'll still be more expensive that just having to buy the game.
You don't have to buy the bundle for this game, I'm pretty sure the classic controller isn't required.

Motion Plus add ons can be had for cheap too, depending on where you ask.

Watch NoA announce the game after everyone who wanted the game has hacked their wii and imported the game, only to complain of poor sales afterwards.

Great release date, I'll be there day one.

Foffy

Banned
Does the game control just fine with a Wiimote + Nunchuck combo, or is a Classic Controller a mandate for the game?

LiK

Palette Swap said:
Watch NoA announce the game after everyone who wanted the game has hacked their wii and imported the game, only to complain of poor sales afterwards.

US wont get that cool preorder bundle which is another thing.

Levyne

Banned
Palette Swap said:

This, but at least they will still be recorded as sales in EU...small condolence though.

Top Bottom