• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles (EU) release moved up, Now August 19th

Wichu

If the only extra is the red CC Pro, I'll pass on the Limited Edition and just get the normal one. Can't wait either way!

Foffy

Banned
Man, September is just ridiculous already. Xenoblade, Kirby: Mass Attack, and Star Fox 64 3D. Solatorobo too, if you count the NA release.

Coolwhip said:
So will this game sell? With Wii's reputation of no games selling almost, outside of dance and sport games.

Does it matter?
It's not like this game selling a billion copies is going to change anything at this point.
It's an awesome game that a lot of people want to play, and that's reason enough for it to exist.

Shiggy

Cosmonaut X said:
Oh, I know that's the USK specs are the reason the thing is there and so large - what I'm asking is really why it has to be like that, and not smaller, or why it can't just printed on the shrinkwrap/disc? For example, the UK ratings (12, 15, 18 etc.) had to be a certain size etc., but they were dramatically smaller - so why the need for such a large USK rating?

The USK logos once were much smaller (in the meantime they changed the logos):
galaxy6muu.jpg
51bcgSBaU%2BL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

They just want those to be noticed. All movies have ratings that are just as large.

51qy42E4-WL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

wrowa

Jetku said:
Title just causes confusion, as if in an effort to gain extra hits from salivating NA fans.
Yeah, he just wants extra hits so he can make more money!

On GAF.

Cosmonaut X said:
Is there some reason games can't be shipped with the USK printed on the plastic wrap? Or is there a concern that games would end up on the shelf unwrapped and therefore not clearly rated?
It's not allowed. I can't tell you why (but your reasoning is probably right).

It was allowed to put a sticker with the new USK logo on older games/movies without the logo for a certain period of time, but that was only an exceptional rule.

Shiggy

Foffy said:
Man, September is just ridiculous already. Xenoblade, Kirby: Mass Attack, and Star Fox 64 3D. Solatorobo too, if you count the NA release.

Kirby Mass Attack is no September release in Europe.

JerkShep

My european body is ready.
CC's inclusion is cool, but since this will be basically the last game I'll play on the Wii (with Zelda SS, but I don't think it'll be playbale with CC..maybe I'm wrong) I'll probably buy the standard edition.

Thanks NoE

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Pretty awesome.. I'm so pumped for this game, i can't believe it's coming here! day-one purchase for sure.

Luigiv

Ooh! The controller bundle box looks nice, though admittedly I already have enough CCs.

I'm going to assume the Aussie release date will be on the 8th, since that seems to be Nintendo if Australia's standard practice these days. Ever since the whole NSMBWii debacle, they seem to be deathly afraid of letting any games launch in Australia first (yeah it's stupid).

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I've played the Japanese version for a bit and it's a bit too mmorpgish for my taste. That + it looks a bit ugly on my LCD screen :/

Other than that, it's great that they're releasing it outside Japan at last. Now for The Last Story (because Pandora's Tower isn't all that great).

Shiggy

JerkShep said:
My european body is ready.
CC's inclusion is cool, but since this will be basically the last game I'll play on the Wii (with Zelda SS, but I don't think it'll be playbale with CC..maybe I'm wrong) I'll probably buy the standard edition.

Thanks NoE

You pass on The Last Story next year?

I already have a CC Pro so I won't get the limited edition, but now that we know the release date...I want to have a 100% confirmation japanese voices are included and I'll preorder.

CruxisMana said:
Out of interest, can TLS be played with a CC controller?
It can.

sphinx

the piano man
PuppetSlave said:
Why does everyone assume this game is so great? Did it get amazing reviews in Japan or something?

I don't doubt the game is legitimately good but this thing with xenoblade just went viral and all. There is no way it will live up to the expectations and hype people are displaying here.

I predict threads like "Lttp: Xenocrap chonicles".. and such

Gambit

CruxisMana said:

Yes, according to the old Sakaguchi videos.

I remember reading Bebpo's review of it (still as a lurker) and it convinced me of the game. To me it just seems like the culmination of the JRPGs of the PS2-era.

I miss my Xenosagas and Shadow Hearts.

Cygnus X-1

PuppetSlave said:
Why does everyone assume this game is so great? Did it get amazing reviews in Japan or something?

Famitsu 9, 9, 9, 9 -> 36/40

"The massive field to explore, plus the sheer number of side quests, is enough to make you forget about the main story," one writer said. "The battles are also excellent, requiring you to constantly think about your position against the enemy's."
While the story was interesting to the review crew, much of the praise was reserved for the battle system, which is "MMORPG-style in the way it plainly defines every character's role in the fight [...]It's hard to keep track of everything when a lot of enemies are attacking at once, but the chaos that results just adds to the tension."

daffy

Banned
CruxisMana said:
I think GAME is the only UK store that actually has the game up at the moment.

It's not even up on Amazon UK, despite being up on the US site.
Oh, really? That's strange.. They'll probably open preorders once they get this release date hopefully.
Smiles and Cries said:
really they will ship to the US without hassle? :D YAY!
Yeah! about $7 shipping I recall.

Shiggy

CruxisMana said:

There was a special edition with the CC Pro included, so yes.

I want to have a 100% confirmation japanese voices are included and I'll preorder.

It was confirmed when it was first announced, so yes. However, you won't find any site to preorder it right now, I guess :D

sphinx said:
There is no way it will live up to the expectations and hype people are displaying here.
And yet, the game IS that good. If you like how WoW plays, it's really the same but in an offline way. There's so much to do it's daunting.
You may not believe me but it will live up to those expectations. If not, something is really wrong with the players.

Shiggy said:
It was confirmed when it was first announced, so yes. However, you won't find any site to preorder it right now, I guess :D
Yeah but I mean a REALLY 100% confirmation, like a screen of the menu or the report of someone who actually has seen that option.

daffy

Banned
PuppetSlave said:
It got rave reviews in its import thread on here, which is all I've needed to read.
Keiician said:
(because Pandora's Tower isn't all that great).
You've played it? Do you mind offering impressions or something on it?

Frillen

So you HAVE to have the Pro controller to play the game, or can you play it with the regular classic controller or the Wiimote/Nunchuck?

MicH

Oh yeah, definitely getting this bundle. I can't wait!! Finally a new Wii game to buy. I haven't bought a Wii game in such a long time. Love the art on this bundle!

PuppetSlave said:

No, but it's an RPG...for the Wii. I don't think that sentence has ever actually been written before.

Frillen said:
So you HAVE to have the Pro controller to play the game, or can you play it with the regular classic controller or the Wiimote/Nunchuck?

I don't think the Wii can differentiate between a CC and CC Pro, they should both work fine.

wrowa

Foffy said:
Oh, there I go, assuming that Nintendo of Europe is getting every Nintendo game before America. :p
Kirby games always take a while until they see the light of day in Europe. The brand isn't very strong here. (That's also the reason why the similarly themed Starfy was only released in the US)

Thanks for the replies.

Now I know that I'll definitely get use out of the CC if I buy the LE.

As long as The Last Story doesn't get it's own bundle...

wrowa

PumpkinPie said:
No, but it's an RPG...for the Wii. I don't think that sentence has ever actually been written before.
The answer is: Yes. It got great reviews, great word of mouth and is the #1 RPG on a popular Japenese user-review site.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Frillen said:

You don't have to use the CCPro, the old CC is fine and of course the Wiimote/chuck is usable.

Mikeside

I hope this runs OK on Dolphin so I can play it in glorious HD. I'd like to wait and make sure other people have success with it before I buy, but I don't think I'm going to be able to hold off...

Dragon

Banned
PuppetSlave said:

People just want to play more RPGs on the Wii. A lot of people haven't played the game but from what I remember of the thread it received relatively positive reviews from GAF folks. I'd buy a Wii if Xenoblade/Last Story came to America.

Sounds promising. This gen it feels like we haven't exactly been spoiled with great rpg's on any platform. Will keep an eye out.

ivysaur12

Banned
PuppetSlave said:

It was voted the RPG of the generation from a reader's poll of Japanese gamers and has gotten fairly glowing reviews from jGAF.

So, there's that.

Top Bottom