• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles (EU) release moved up, Now August 19th

RPGCrazied

sfried said:
I just want to know your gauge: What is considered "superb" localization? The US version of Hotel Dusk?

Anything Atlus/XSEED does. Seriously, have you played Arc Rise Fantasia? "I must answer my calling" Made my ears bleed.

sfried said:
I just want to know your gauge: What is considered "superb" localization? The US version of Hotel Dusk?

Persona 4, Baten Kaitos Origins. From what I've seen, FF XII too (I just ordered the game yesterday but its localization seems excellent).

KarmaCow

RPGCrazied said:
I just checked on my order.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v252/RPGCrazied/order.jpg[IMG]

What does dispatch mean? Surely it wasn't shipped on the 2nd of this month. That would be rad if it did ship early so I can get it closer to release.[/QUOTE]

It's the same for me. I sent them a message about it and they said they were looking for other distributors for the game but it sounded like a generic PR message.

slaughterking said:
They could've gone for less generic quest names, though. :p
Sorry, generic* is what NOE tends to be good at. Usually its down the source material and NOE having a style of literal translation (I can't help but feel I helped create that somehow...) as opposed to localisation and some making changes.

*-literal or bland are what I'd prefer to call it though.

Sadly, Treehouse despise of that style so they would want to re-translate the entire xxx,xxx word script (I'm assuming its below 1 million words but more than 100k words) which means re-doing all the voice acting. Another Code is an example. In the words of Nintendo power:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Another_Code:_Two_Memories said:
Ann Lin of Nintendo of America's Product Development Department stated that there are several differences between Another Code's original Japanese text and the North American translation. She commented, "I think that a believable character, a believeable person would have certain feelings of betrayal, not just acceptance. I wanted to explore that just a little. I think the [Japanese text] was a little more accepting, not really questioning the weirdness of meeting a ghost or any of the [strange] circumstances that had befallen her."[13]
Hardcore Gaming 101 supports the fact of the European Ashley being a lot like her Japanese counterpart (except her surname is Robins rather than Robbins).

sfried

RPGCrazied said:
Anything Atlus/XSEED does. Seriously, have you played Arc Rise Fantasia? "I must answer my calling" Made my ears bleed.
So fair amout of Woolseyism, gets to the point while removing Japanese dialogue redundancies?
Starwolf_UK said:
Sorry, generic* is what NOE tends to be good at. Usually its down the source material and NOE having a style of literal translation (I can't help but feel I helped create that somehow...) as opposed to localisation and some making changes.

*-literal or bland are what I'd prefer to call it though.

Sadly, Treehouse despise of that style so they would want to re-translate the entire xxx,xxx word script (I'm assuming its below 1 million words but more than 100k words) which means re-doing all the voice acting. Another Code is an example. In the words of Nintendo power:

Hardcore Gaming 101 supports the fact of the European Ashley being a lot like her Japanese counterpart (except her surname is Robins rather than Robbins).
Thanks for bringing this up. I wonder what is GAF's stance on translation. Obviously not everything can be literally translated, but at instance where it can, but sounds "bland", I don't know if people prefer to Woolseyize for the sake of getting the intent across or be more close to the Japanese script as possible (puristical).

I think i'm really going to have to Mod my Wii now to be able to import this game, it just sounds too fantastic to pass up. Has Last Story released in EU also? i dont remember which was coming first, but i'll import both, and wasnt there a 3rd games that was always talked about along with Xenoblade and The Last Story?

Also...what is Another Code?

I don't think The Last Story has been officially announced yet. I wouldn't be surprised if they were waiting to see if Xenoblade sells enough to see if it seems worth it. The other game you're thinking about is probably Pandora's Tower.

Zwei

Sadist said:
You know what, its friday I'll post the thread anyway

regg.jpg

zychi

Banned
when are americans who purchased this thinking theyll get it? i cant afford the game right now but really wanna see some streams of the game in english.

Top Bottom