• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles (EU) release moved up, Now August 19th

Nobody has. We don't get a lot (or any) comprehensive and meaningful sales data for European JRPG releases and the occasional shipment number for a Final Fantasy is not suitable to draw any conclusions.
But considering how Xenoblade sold ~150k units in Japan, I would say doing that and a little more in Europe would be fine accomplishment.

The best way we'll be able to gauge its success in Europe is by listening to the marketing folks.

If they're still talking about the game a month from now, it's a good sign.

kenji

If that rumor about 38k copies being shipped in France is true, then maybe they are shipping ~100k

I don't think it's going to be higher than that

RPGCrazied

I just checked on my order.

order.jpg

What does dispatch mean? Surely it wasn't shipped on the 2nd of this month. That would be rad if it did ship early so I can get it closer to release.

RPGCrazied said:

order.jpg

What does dispatch mean? Surely it wasn't shipped on the 2nd of this month. That would be rad if it did ship early so I can get it closer to release.

2/9/2011 is next month. It's the old date. It will ship before then of course.

LiK

RPGCrazied said:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v252/RPGCrazied/order.jpg

What does dispatch mean? Surely it wasn't shipped on the 2nd of this month. That would be rad if it did ship early so I can get it closer to release.[/QUOTE]

it means shipping. hopefully that's not the date they're shipping it out.

RPGCrazied

Oh. I forgot about them moving the release date closer. Has anyone done zavvi before were they ship you the item a few days earlier? Or is it the day of its released they ship it out?

LiK

RPGCrazied said:
Oh. I forgot about them moving the release date closer. Has anyone done zavvi before were they ship you the item a few days earlier? Or is it the day of its released they ship it out?

it varies, i had one shipped out on date of release and another was shipped a day or two earlier than release date. since i'm in the US, it doesn't matter since it takes a while to arrive.

RPGCrazied

LiK said:
it varies, i had one shipped out on date of release and another was shipped a day or two earlier than release date. since i'm in the US, it doesn't matter since it takes a while to arrive.

Boourns. :( I know I should've did GAME, oh well. Most of GAF will have it beat by the time I get my copy.

Luigiv

RPGCrazied said:

order.jpg

2nd of next month, August is the 8th month of the year. You got jipped, You're package hasn't even been picked yet.

And yeah if you need definitions, I use to work in a warehouse so:

Picking = Picking from warehouse inventory and readying for dispatch/despatch (same thing different spelling)
Despatching = Shipping.

Edit: Beaten.

I cancelled my CCPro order, so its just the game for me. I still have my old style CC, that should be fine, shouldn't it?

- side note - Boo-urns means you approve. It's the opposite of boo.

RPGCrazied

How did I get jipped? I ordered it before the date change. It took them weeks to finally update the product page with it. Maybe it won't update on my order? Are you saying they won't ship the game to me?

I've heard it either way from a lot of people, I always thought Boourns means "Booing" but with more emphasis/emotion.

To each his own I guess.

LevityNYC

Banned
I ordered the CC Pro bundle from Games.co.uk before they started selling the disk only bundle.

I decided to keep the CC Pro bundle since I don't own a CC Pro and I hate that the regular CC has a wire coming out of the bottom.

LiK

LevityNYC said:
I ordered the CC Pro bundle from Games.co.uk before they started selling the disk only bundle.

I decided to keep the CC Pro bundle since I don't own a CC Pro and I hate that the regular CC has a wire coming out of the bottom.

bundle comes with those posters as well

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Die Squirrel Die said:
- side note - Boo-urns means you approve. It's the opposite of boo.
Bullshit.

It's from that Simpsons episode 15 years ago and everyone and their dog has been saying it as an alternative to "boo" since the day it aired. It was a pre-internet meme too.

Shahadan

BocoDragon said:
Bullshit.

It's from that Simpsons episode 15 years ago and everyone and their dog has been saying it as an alternative to "boo" since the day it aired. It was a pre-internet meme too.

They got it wrong from the start !

RPGCrazied said:
Zavvi catches a lot of flack around here, but I ordered Tactics Ogre for PSP from them and they shipped it three days before release and I received it in the US seven days later. Helps that they're much cheaper than GAME. Xenoblade is half the price at Zavvi.

Furthermore, the dispatch date for my Zavvi Xenoblade order is 19/08/2011. That's August 19th. It'll still probably ship around release for you, but to be safe, you might want to cancel the preorder and do it again so your dispatch date is updated.

batbeg

BocoDragon said:
Bullshit.

They're not saying boo, they're saying boo-urns!

It's meant to be a positive spin on a negative reaction, and is rarely "aptly" used.

LiK

eLZhi said:
Zavvi catches a lot of flack around here, but I ordered Tactics Ogre for PSP from them and they shipped it three days before release and I received it in the US seven days later. Helps that they're much cheaper than GAME. Xenoblade is half the price at Zavvi.

Furthermore, the dispatch date for my Zavvi Xenoblade order is 19/08/2011. It'll still probably ship around release for you, but to be safe, you might want to cancel the preorder and do it again so your dispatch date is updated.

yea, i have no problems with Zavvi being late or anything. but i notice a lot of people who hate them are in EU cuz of slow shipping. kinda weird since you'd think they would get it sooner than people in the US.

BocoDragon said:
Bullshit.

Yes, in the episode the crowd are booing at Mr Burns, but Mr Smithers tells him that they are saying 'Boo-urns' because they like him.

Just because people missed the point of it early on doesn't make it correct. People have been saying they 'could care less' and 'for all intensive purposes' for a long time, they are still misquoting and misusing.

BocoDragon

batbeg said:
They're not saying boo, they're saying boo-urns!

It's meant to be a positive spin on a negative reaction, and is rarely "aptly" used.
For 15 years people have been using it as a funny-sounding variation on "boo" and it's not going to change now.

Check out the Urban Dictionary page for it... everyone's voted down that silly theory! Democracy son.

Die Squirrel Die said:
Yes, in the episode the crowd are booing at Mr Burns, but Mr Smithers tells him that they are saying 'Boo-urns' because they like him.

Just because people missed the point of it early on doesn't make it correct. People have been saying they 'could care less' and 'for all intensive purposes' for a long time, they are still misquoting and misusing.
It's a meme. There was no original meaning. People started using it because it sounded like a funnier way to say boo... that's it. That's the whole meaning.

BocoDragon said:
It's a meme. There was no original meaning. People started using it because it sounded like a funnier way to say boo... that's it. That's the whole meaning.

Of course it has an original meaning, the meaning that the writer(s) of that episode intended. Just because people misquote it and you call it a meme doesn't mean that's no longer true.

Anyway, this is getting too off topic. I'll leave you to be wrong by yourself.

BocoDragon

Die Squirrel Die said:
Of course it has an original meaning, the meaning that the writer(s) of that episode intended. Just because people misquote it and you call it a meme doesn't mean that's no longer true.

Anyway, this is getting too off topic. I'll leave you to be wrong by yourself.
All I know is that when I say boo-urns, more people will understand my intended meaning than they would with yours. I've been hearing people say it for a long time now... never have they intended it the way you argued.

Boo-urns on Reggie, btw. That's on topic!

RPGCrazied

Yeah. I'm afraid to cancel anything. Even if my order hasn't been updated. I'll wait for it to get closer to release. If it doesn't at least ship around then, I'll cancel and go somewhere else with faster shipping, but for now I dare don't touch it. Specially since this is only releasing in EU with NA wanting a piece of the pie as well, who knows how many copies are being made.

RPGCrazied

Yeah, I'm noticing the localization is average, least the voice acting is above average. Thank god this isn't another Arc Rise Fantasia.

Rolf NB

ivysaur12 said:
What would be "good" sales? What does the standard jRPG do in Europe? I don't really have a barometer for success.
Haven't kept track of it, but according to ELSPA sales awards (which are just milestones), both versions of FF XIII opened somewhere above 100k, but below 200k (not combined).

Unfortunately, these things are no longer public.

sfried

RPGCrazied said:
Yeah, I'm noticing the localization is average, least the voice acting is above average. Thank god this isn't another Arc Rise Fantasia.
I just want to know your gauge: What is considered "superb" localization? The US version of Hotel Dusk?

Top Bottom