• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles (EU) release moved up, Now August 19th

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member

Effect

mclem said:
My stance when having to import titles - which is hardly uncommon, a significant proportion of my collection consists of importing things - is that my issues with the branch of the company that does *not* bring out the title should be converted into praise for the company that *does*. Punish NoA by rewarding NoE.

The last thing I want to come out of all this is NoE coming to the conclusion that NoA had the right idea after all.

I can understand that but at the same time it could just easily mean more for Europe in the future and a continuance of NoA's current actions. Especially if NoA continues to be allowed to act on their own and NoE continues to be, seemingly, run directly from Japan. How the press releases regarding the price drop really shows this to be the case I believe. I guess Nintendo's actions of late, not just for the Xenoblade thing but things in general, have made me a bit jaded toward Nintendo.

Shiggy said:
Where do you get the artbooks?

We should also have some common, meaningful answers for the Club Nintendo contribution. Does anyone have the usual question at hand?

I'll have someone in France send them to me... I guess that's going to cost a little more. Oh well.

TDLink

My order is in with 365 games. Can't wait for this game. Only a couple more weeks (probably) till I finally get to play this. Looks so good.

RPGCrazied

Knux-Future said:
If Zavvi fucks up, I be here to rage with you

You in the US too? I've played some of the Japanese version on my Wii, I've seen the opening cutscene like 10 times. It's awesome!

...and the music, the music! omg!

mclem

Effect said:
I can understand that but at the same time it could just easily mean more for Europe in the future and a continuance of NoA's current actions. Especially if NoA continues to be allowed to act on their own and NoE continues to be, seemingly, run directly from Japan. How the press releases regarding the price drop really shows this to be the case I believe. I guess Nintendo's actions of late, not just for the Xenoblade thing but things in general, have made me a bit jaded toward Nintendo.

Yes, it could well mean that. That's not the optimal result, I grant you - but it's still much better than the worst-case result, at the very least the game is still getting localised for somewhere!

between that let's play euronintendo thing and the last 8-4 podcast, this game is sounding really good. but those english voices are grating. is it dual language? if not, is it possible to add the Japanese audio to the Euro version? I've seen some Wii mods like that smash bros one.

weeaboo

Linkzg said:
between that let's play euronintendo thing and the last 8-4 podcast, this game is sounding really good. but those english voices are grating. is it dual language? if not, is it possible to add the Japanese audio to the Euro version? I've seen some Wii mods like that smash bros one.

It is dual language!

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Linkzg said:

It's dual-language.

Changed by pre-order to 365Games. Hope they're okay considering the situation in the UK now... :-(

Oxx

Shiggy said:
We should also have some common, meaningful answers for the Club Nintendo contribution. Does anyone have the usual question at hand?

It has been a long time since I did a survey for a proper game, but for a download survey the fields that allow you to enter text are:

Please explain briefly why you bought or received Super Metroid™?

Please tell us briefly what, if anything, you find interesting about Super Metroid™?

Please tell us briefly what, if anything, you find disappointing about Super Metroid™?

I think retail games have more questions, but I'm sure those ones are present on all of them.

RurouniZel said:
It's dual-language.

Changed by pre-order to 365Games. Hope they're okay considering the situation in the UK now... :-(
Dude - it's a bit daft what's going on - but it's just a few hundred kids running about being silly. The country's not burning to the ground. It's just isolated to some small parts of cities. Normal life continues for pretty much everyone here - the media as always, are making it look much more crazy than what it is. I reckon it'll all blow over tonight anyway.

Most of these companies work out of the Channel Islands for tax reasons anyway - and I don't think the rioters can swim that far. :)

Apenheul

Does anyone know if this game is on a single or dual-layer DVD? My Wii doesn't play dual layer DVDs anymore so if it is I'll need to decide whether I should buy a new system or wait for the Wii U.

FreeMufasa

YES! just got my Amazon voucher from the lovefilm promotion. That means I get Xenoblade for £9.

Vs565.jpg

Who's doing the OT?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Apenheul said:
Does anyone know if this game is on a single or dual-layer DVD? My Wii doesn't play dual layer DVDs anymore so if it is I'll need to decide whether I should buy a new system or wait for the Wii U.
The original was single layer as far as I know. Should still be the case, they probably wouldn't have gone dual layer just to keep the Japanese VA.

Yuterald

I got my Wii modded and ready. Xenoblade is pre-ordered from the UK and I'm all set. So excited! Late August gaming is going to be so good. El Shaddai, Deus Ex, & Xenoblade!!!

wrowa

FreeMufasa said:
Yeah this. It's so weird hearing Americans say Zeenoblade. Like when they say Maurio.
Pretty much as crazy as English-speaking people pronouncing an X just like a Z. If you don't bother to change the pronounciation, why have two different letters in the first place ;(

MechaX

So where are people preordering this? I'm not too interested in the CC Pack because I already have one, so I'm looking at the game-only version at Shopto.com. They got my Last Window import to me pretty quickly, so I think they're pretty reliable.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
MechaX said:
So where are people preordering this? I'm not too interested in the CC Pack because I already have one, so I'm looking at the game-only version at Shopto.com. They got my Last Window import to me pretty quickly, so I think they're pretty reliable.
I preordered from Asda for about that same price. 365games is a few dollars more. Those seem to be where most people are ordering from.

Apenheul

chaosblade said:
The original was single layer as far as I know. Should still be the case, they probably wouldn't have gone dual layer just to keep the Japanese VA.

Thanks, let's hope (for me) it's single layer then.

Nix

Banned
Artbook? What artbook? How much is it? Pre-order bonus?

I love buying EU CE's. Probably all that I import from Europe. Well, that and PSP games.

Shiggy

Lord Ghirahim said:
It's not? Then I'll be registering them the second they start accepting registrations.

You should try it, of course. But I don't think it's possible to register a game before its official release.

Clipper

Zwei said:
Fucking nice. So easy, even my dumbass can do it. :)
And to make it even easier, GAF's own homebrew tutorial now steps you through it. The Hackmii guys forgot to mention to save off your old private folder to ensure you don't have the message there permanently and stuff. If you want Xenoblade support and that alone, the only thing you need to do after that is one of the region free methods.

vitacola

RPGCrazied said:
I sure hope these riots happening in the UK won't affect my order, could it?
Only if they burn down some post depots, planes, ships and distribution halls. I don't think it will affect it.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I installed Startpatch, but I'm sort of nervous since I don't have any other non-US region discs to test it out on. I just want to be able to put the disc in and click play, no extra steps. The other hacks it installed work, like the auto start on the warning screen, so I hope for the best.

Nix

Banned
robotzombie said:
I hope horrible, horrible riots don't postpone my getting a video game promptly

To be fair, it's an awesome game, and the majority of us complaining are importing from Europe. That's a huge lag if it gets delayed man. A huge lag.

SOLDIER

So what is currently the best online store to buy this from? I live in the US, but I don't want to get screwed by import shipping costs.

mclem

wrowa said:
Pretty much as crazy as English-speaking people pronouncing an X just like a Z. If you don't bother to change the pronounciation, why have two different letters in the first place ;(

Box isn't pronounced Boz, is it?

It just so happens that they sound similar in this sort of situation. There is still a subtle difference even then; in that situation, X is pronounced more like "cks" whereas Z is pronounced "cs".

Top Bottom