• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles (EU) release moved up, Now August 19th

wrowa

vitacola said:
They must be kidding ...

Didn't someone in here ask an employee of GAME if the pre-order bonus is available in-store and he said "no"?

EDIT:

And why would Nintendo link to the website's search for Xenoblade?
If it's anything like the German OoT3D pre-order poster you have to send an email to Nintendo with your adress and a screenshot of your order confirmation.

shadyspace said:
So does Euro-GAF pronounce this as "Zedoblade"?
Why would we?

vitacola

wrowa said:
If it's anything like the German OoT3D pre-order poster you have to send an email to Nintendo with your adress and a screenshot of your order confirmation.
Nah, they didn't say something like that. They just said, "pre-order at GAME/gamestation and get UBERAWESOME A1 posters" ;)

shadyspace said:
So does Euro-GAF pronounce this as "Zedoblade"?
Kse-no-blade.

Codeblue

creid said:
Damn, zavvi had it a few weeks ago but I waited and now it's gone.

Actually they didn't have it a few weeks ago.

I ordered it from them around late June and they told me it would ship mid August. Later they sent me an email saying that they had cancelled my order because neither they nor any of their affiliates had any copies of the game left. They apologized for the inconvenience and told me they would remove the listing ASAP. Depending on when they got they got the order before mine, they could have run out ages ago.

Codeblue said:
Actually they didn't have it a few weeks ago.

I ordered it from them around late June and they told me it would ship mid August. Later they sent me an email saying that they had cancelled my order because neither they nor any of their affiliates had any copies of the game left. They apologized for the inconvenience and told me they would remove the listing ASAP. Depending on when they got they got the order before mine, they could have run out ages ago.
Sounds like Zavvi. I do hope they come through for the importers though. Those guys don't deserve the shit I went through with Zavvi, because the game is looking real nice. I'm hoping Shopto send mine nice and early next week.

Shiggy

Aeana said:
You're hearing things.

They're very clearly Dizasuta and Zenobreido. Which is perfectly in line with the kana they chose for the names, ディザスター and ゼノブレイド.

Well, it depends on your native language. We should use phonetic spelling now ;)

Shiggy

jgwhiteus

Popping in to say that I pre-ordered from 365 games for shipping to the US (free shipping, nice) based on the advice in this thread - really excited for this one. I feel like this year's been a bit dry for RPG's - actually can't remember playing any this year besides DQ6...

tsab

Annoying Old Party Man said:
Sorry to hear that :). Will post first impressions tomorrow morning, also there's no way you will be able to read my review, so don't worry about it!

It seems Annoying Old Party Man wasn't impressed yet

weeaboo said:
"Afinigrama"? What the hell.

If they have done one of those weird spanish translations I am going to play it in english. Nice review btw
Afinidad + -grama = "Afinigrama". Graph representing the affinity.

Makes sense to me :p

Effect

Shiggy said:
Nintendo presents: Let's Play Xenoblade Chronicles
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6dgXE9BcTs
6 episodes to follow

Official Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/XenobladeWii#p/p

Very nice of NoE to do this. I hope someone puts up a complete play through of the game at some point. I could import it, was about to put my order through and I have the files ready to adjust my Wii, but just don't care enough to do it at this point. That annoyed with Nintendo at the moment. Feel I shouldn't have to. Those in Europe in the past shouldn't have had to import either when it comes to first party games on a system. The company selling the system should be supplying as many games as possible. Nothing should be held back in a region as far as the system maker goes. Either support it fully or don't bother releasing it. At least this allows me to direct money toward a game that is actually being released in America and it's going to be a non-Nintendo game in the end.

mclem

Effect said:
Very nice of NoE to do this. I hope someone puts up a complete play through of the game at some point. I could import it, was about to put my order through and I have the files ready to adjust my Wii, but just don't care enough to do it at this point. That annoyed with Nintendo at the moment. Feel I shouldn't have to. Those in Europe in the past shouldn't have had to import either when it comes to first party games on a system. The company selling the system should be supplying as many games as possible. Nothing should be held back in a region as far as the system maker goes. Either support it fully or don't bother releasing it. At least this allows me to direct money toward a game that is actually being released in America and it's going to be a non-Nintendo game in the end.

My stance when having to import titles - which is hardly uncommon, a significant proportion of my collection consists of importing things - is that my issues with the branch of the company that does *not* bring out the title should be converted into praise for the company that *does*. Punish NoA by rewarding NoE.

The last thing I want to come out of all this is NoE coming to the conclusion that NoA had the right idea after all.

dani_dc

Zwei said:
Just to be clear, it's being reported that the posters aren't actually a part of the CE, but a pre-order bonus that can only be obtained in-store. Sorry importers. :(

http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/wii/important_xenoblade_pre_orders_from_game
Well that's just great. I was importing it from Game to get the posters but being this way I might as well cancel it and just buy the game locally at release (or with some luck a day or two before).

I really hate this store-exclusive pre-orders especially when they're restricted to certain countries and to instore.

NEO0MJ

mclem said:
The last thing I want to come out of all this is NoE coming to the conclusion that NoA had the right idea after all.

Plus it might encourage NOA to release future niche titles.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
FreeMufasa said:
Yeah this. It's so weird hearing Americans say Zeenoblade. Like when they say Maurio.
Yeah, it's...odd. What happened to sounding things out phonetically?
Eye-rack is another really annoying one.

RPGCrazied

I need this game! I haven't played a good epic jRPG in awhile and no Final Fantasy XIII don't count. Epic 80-100hour jRPG with a new game plus, with costumes that affect cutscenes, I'm like drooling already. Lets hope I don't have to wait to long to get my copy from Zavvi. I'm sure I'll end up getting burned and I have to wait an extra month or more to get my hands on this.

Fuck you NoA! D:

Shiggy

Lord Ghirahim said:
€142 for two CC Pro bundles, two poster sets and two artbooks... No regrets.

Where do you get the artbooks?

We should also have some common, meaningful answers for the Club Nintendo contribution. Does anyone have the usual question at hand?

dani_dc

Lookin around the internet Nintendo Iberia said the posters will be available in Portugal in the "regular" stores but it will be very limited so people should reserve it.

No store I went to had the game for pre-order much less mention of the posters though and the nintendo portugal site has no mention of it.

Really disliking this lack of coordination. Hopefully I'll be able to score the posters.

Shiggy said:

We should also have some common, meaningful answers for the Club Nintendo contribution. Does anyone have the usual question at hand?
French Nintendo club promotion to the first 1000 to register it.

RPGCrazied said:
I need this game! I haven't played a good epic jRPG in awhile and no Final Fantasy XIII don't count. Epic 80-100hour jRPG with a new game plus, with costumes that affect cutscenes, I'm like drooling already. Lets hope I don't have to wait to long to get my copy from Zavvi. I'm sure I'll end up getting burned and I have to wait an extra month or more to get my hands on this.

Fuck you NoA! D:

If Zavvi fucks up, I be here to rage with you

mclem

Shiggy said:

I don't think there's been an official press release about Last Story, has there? Just some comments at trade shows? That might be a good focal point.

Top Bottom