• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Timer for Planescape appears. Expires Monday

CHC

So it really is an Enhanced Edition?

If so, that's great. Aside from the fact that those buttons on the bar are still so goddamn tiny.

Also lol @ "Alter Senses" for (presumably) the new options screen.

ilium

Alastor3

Look on the previous page. There's hints on the page that spell out "PSTEE" i.e. PlaneScape Torment Enhanced Edition. Beamdog (Baldur's Gate EE developers) tweeted out "tick tock" with a link to the page, as well as an allusion to the Nameless One in a separate tweet.

Yeah, it's 99% sure it's an Enhanced Edition like all the other EE that came out.

No chance that it's a sequel.

I don't know about an EE since I JUST started playing with all the mods...

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Look on the previous page. There's hints on the page that spell out "PSTEE" i.e. PlaneScape Torment Enhanced Edition. Beamdog (Baldur's Gate EE developers) tweeted out "tick tock" with a link to the page, as well as an allusion to the Nameless One in a separate tweet.

Oh shit. I missed that!

Exciting stuff.

prudislav

wild trailer appears
Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition Launch Trailer
Get ready for Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition on Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS and Android!

Discover an incredibly rich story and a unique setting unlike anything else in fantasy. Defeat strange and alien creatures, engage in rich dialogue, and explore the dark and dangerous Planescape setting in this 50+ hour RPG classic.

Coming soon to Beamdog, Steam, GOG, iTunes, and Google Play!

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Perfect. Much to my shame I've never played the original PST. This will finally fix that.

Feeroper

Betting on remastered/extended edition like Beamdog's recent BG stuff.

New game seems unlikely.

This is my guess too - people who bought the Collector's Edition of Siege of Dragonspear were recently told via email that we would be getting a free copy of the current game that Beamdog is working on due to the delays with getting the Collector's edition out, but the game hasn't been announced yet, so I suspect this is it and it will be announced today.

Edit: Well, it seems that it will be Planescape Torment EE - I didn't see that a trailer is up on YouTube already, the timer is still counting down on the www.planescape.com website.

CHC

Holy shit at all the bitter losers in the comment section lmao.

Also love how all these sad, lonely fucks are literally just waiting with baited breath for news about things they hate. Like, they are the only ones who are even there to comment this early.

Feeroper

Those comments in the YouTube link are brutal. Did I miss something? Did they announce that they are changing parts of the story or something? This just looks like the other EE versions, an HD version with some added display bells and whistles. There are a lot of comparisons to SoD being made, but SoD was a new entry created by Beamdog, so I don't see why it is being compared.

I know there were a lot of people who didn't like SoD for its content, but I thought it was a great game IMO. However, even disliking SoD or even Beamdog shouldn't change how you feel about an EE of an old classic like PS:T (assuming you liked it to begin with). I get the distaste for the visuals with regards to the black outline, but thankfully that is optional.

I finally got around to playing Icewind Dale because of the EEs and I loved it!

I haven't played Planescape in probably 10+ years now, I'll definitely be checking this out. The enhanced versions are a bit rough on launch though.

Those comments in the YouTube link are brutal. Did I miss something? Did they announce that they are changing parts of the story or something? ....

Beamdog are the Ess Jay Double Yous, thus they are the enemy.

Not to dismiss the issues the BGEE/SOD games had with writing and what-not, but this push back is purely about political leanings in gaming and that's all.

Feeroper

Beamdog are the Ess Jay Double Yous, thus they are the enemy.

Not to dismiss the issues the BGEE/SOD games had with writing and what-not, but this push back is purely about political leanings in gaming and that's all.

Ah I see. From those comments on YouTube it sounded like they announced that they were changing the story or updating the story, but I didn't see anything like that evident.

It's one thing to have issues & criticisms with the quality of any game like writing and such, but its another thing entirely when those "criticisms" are driven entirely by hate.

Spacejaws

Why in the living fuck of Jesus did they add a cel-shade/black outline to all the sprites? It looks Borderlands-disgusting.

Its for small displays and such. To help on mobile or when zoomed out.

I tried it out for a little bit with Baldur's Gate and actually didn't mind it too much but went back to the original. Was useful during Siege of Dragonspear when you have fights with like 40 NPC's onscreen and you are zooming out alot.

thumb

Banned
Never read YouTube comments.

Why didn't I take your advice?

Edit - Are some people really that upset that Beamdog included a single trans NPC in an expansion to Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition? Is that what all the nonsense in the comments is about?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Those comments in the YouTube link are brutal. Did I miss something? Did they announce that they are changing parts of the story or something? This just looks like the other EE versions, an HD version with some added display bells and whistles. There are a lot of comparisons to SoD being made, but SoD was a new entry created by Beamdog, so I don't see why it is being compared.

I know there were a lot of people who didn't like SoD for its content, but I thought it was a great game IMO. However, even disliking SoD or even Beamdog shouldn't change how you feel about an EE of an old classic like PS:T (assuming you liked it to begin with). I get the distaste for the visuals with regards to the black outline, but thankfully that is optional.

It's insane that people are still going around about the trans merchant in SOD. A merchant, with a throw away line about being trans and that's all people talk about in regards to that game. Gaters are the worst.

Top Bottom