• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III: The Ringed City |OT| One Last Journey

Hikami

LzpEmHp.jpg

Fear not, the dark, ashen one.
The Ringed City is the final DLC pack for Dark Souls III. Journey to the world’s end to search for the Ringed City and encounter new lands, new bosses, new enemies with new armor, magic and items. Experience the epic final chapter of a dark world that could only be created by the mind of Hidetaka Miyazaki.
A New World. One Last Journey.

Review Thread

11QXaKL.png

• Release Date - March 28th 2017
    (unlocking on the 27th in some timezones)
  • Platforms - PC, PS4, Xbox One
  • Price -
    (Standalone) $14.99 / €14,99
    (Season Pass with both DLCs) $24.99 / €24.99
Will also be included in The Fire Fades "Game of the Year Edition" of Dark Souls III.

29itJ1d.png

Q: HOW DO I ACCESS THE DLC?!?!
A: If you haven't beaten Ashes of Ariandel or don't own it:
There will be a new bonfire at the Kiln of the First Flame to take you there.
If you have:
There will be a new bonfire right after Sister Friede.
Video guide

Q: Any recommended level?
A: 100+

Q: How long is the DLC?
A:
Apparently, "twice the size of Ashes of Ariandel".
Q: What's new?
A: (Known so far from leaks/dataminng) :

_4_
new bosses
_21
new weapons/shields
_7_
new spells
_10
new armor sets

Images/videos of said new stuff can be found here. Very heavy on spoilers.

EF2mtPB.png

"The Ringed City" - Announcement Trailer
"The Close of the Age of Fire " - Launch Trailer

Screenshot album
---

ZrC4XI4.jpg

(artist source unknown)

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Agonizing over bringing in my Dex/Faith char, my pure caster or starting a new build...AGAIN (If you can't beat Friede, become her). The last ever DLC for Souls... End of an era.

Goldboy

So excited for this! I loved Ashes of Ariandel and from what we've seen this looks to be an improvement on that, so I'm sure it won't disappoint.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
An era.

An era has ended.

CHC

I hope this really is the last Dark Souls content, period, because other wise all of these fond farewells are for nothing. It's such a wonderful series, I'd love for it to go out with dignity!

Firebrand

I haven't played either DLC and have a character near the end. Should I just start over from the start, or are both DLCs highlevel?

Audioboxer

I hope this really is the last Dark Souls content, period, because other wise all of these fond farewells are for nothing. It's such a wonderful series, I'd love for it to go out with dignity!

At worst Bloodborne needs a sequel if we're talking "Souls formula". If not that I hope the next game from From is something like Bloodborne, in that it tries something a bit different.

As for this DLC I've still not played the first and right now I'm just going to start a new character and see if I've still got some gas left in the tank for another playthrough. I've yet to make it to NG++, only got to NG+ previously.

Toxi

Banned
I haven't played either DLC and have a character near the end. Should I just start over from the start, or are both DLCs highlevel?
Both DLCs are high level. The entrance to the Ringed City is very late in the game. So I wouldn't recommend starting over.

Can't wait. I have a bunch of characters ready to go, and I have no idea which one to use. Quality, dex, strength, pyro (Onyx Blade goodness), and sorcerer (eh).

Goldboy

ZrC4XI4.jpg

:"(

Best game series ever made.

It's hard to believe it's ending. I still remember how excited I was getting the Collector's edition of DS2 at launch and wondering what the series had in store for the next couple years. :')

If we're lucky we could get another spiritual successor like Bloodborne but I'm not getting my hopes up.

The end.....lets hope it goes out on a bang.

Few more hours till PC unlock, gotta resist using my X1 version now cause performance is so bad on that thing, especially in the last dlc.

Rex_DX

Gold Member

Cmon man, literally in the OT.

Recommended level: 100+

Though I've read FromSoft recommends 120.

takoyaki

I already miss looking forward to the next DS game/DLC, even though I'm sure there will be more games like DS made by From.

Excited for the 2nd DLC to unlock, hope it's a worthy end to the series.

Started a new character for this since my original is on NG+ only to end up missing Havel's ring right when they make heavier armor and ultra Greatswords useful again (which is my preferred playstyle). I made it all the way to Irithyll since Friday and now I'm starting over.... oh well. At least I can play the way I intended.

Goldboy

Can't decide if I want to bring my sorcerer character into this DLC, since they get obliterated by a lot of the enemies in Ariandel and will probably make this DLC way harder than it needs to be. My only other character is on NG++, and Ashes of Ariandel on NG++ was fun but I'm not looking for that kind of challenge again.

Might just have to respec with Rosaria or something.

I bought it! Then remembered Persona 5 is out soon and couldn't justify paying £20 for a few hours with that on the horizon and a choice of only one so had to refund it :/ Anyway hope it's good! I'll have to wait until ENB or Vaati cover it though unfortunately.

Btw. what are some good youtubers to follow for lore and story videos? Only videos I've seen are from VaatiVidya

EpicNameBro

Top Bottom