• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF NCAA Football 2005 Tournament I: A prelude to Victory (Xbox only! signup now!)

well dudes its finally here, NCAA just went gold which means it will be here in 11 days. i figure we should get the tournament setup now (before all you cheap bastards see the rankings of the teams and pick a powerhouse :p)

incase you've never played in a GAF football tournament/season, the rules are simple:

* Don't cheese dudes. no one is going to tell you how to play but (god forbid) a glitch is found or a cheesy ass style (i.e. motion glitch in madden last year), just don't use it. we want legit players!

* Don't not show up for your game time. that's a double negative!

* sign into the tournament once the game is out in a timely fashion!

* im going to make the tourney setting for no duplicate teams. so, 2 people can't pick USC. 2 people can't pick texas or OK or whoever.

* first come first serve as far as team picks go, but there are 3 people i know are hardcore fans of college teams and i'm going to give them their picks. it's only fair, there are plenty of good teams in the game!

* sign up now, its a possible 32 man tournament! i bet for the first week, since interest will be at an all time high, we can get 32 people signed in. so do it now, i'll keep this post updated with info and what not, enjoy!

* xbox only sorry!
----------------------

01. FMT - Cal
02. DMczaf - UNLV
03. shpankey - Oklahoma (hey dude i remember the lowercase s this time!)
04. ramirez - florida state
05. andy - florida
06. kindbudmaster - ohio state
07. mrbob - Virginia Tech
08. matrix - houston
09. guileless - ole miss
10. hgplayer1 - texas a&m
11. speedrazor - minnesota
12. fifty - UCLA
13. element - washington
14. biff - texas
15. drey - michigan
16. siamesedreamer - auburn
17. zombie - notre dame
18. dskillz - LSU
19. truelize - USC
20. sefskillz - middle tennessee

DMczaf

unlv2.gif

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Azwethinkweiz said:
xbox only? What kind of weaksauce bullshit is this?

YEAH! You're all afraid of Penn State!

Okay, so not even our opening day opponent Akron fears Penn State. But you would! Austin Scott for Heisman 2005!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Houston Cougars

Nester

I suck at Football games, yet the weakness inside me keeps buying them.

I'll take Minnesota.

Did our Slugfest Tourney die? :(

Ramirez

I don't even have to say anything and my names already there with the champion Noles right beside it!!

You bitches better recognize :p

Were gonna wait a couple days before we do the tourney right?My cheap ass got the EB saver shipping so my game prolly wont be here for a couple days after release,haha. :p

Damn...count me in if I get X-Box live in time. I had it, but let my subscription run out. I guess I have to buy a new kit or something...

I'll pick Notre Dame if I get it in time.

Ramirez

Hmm,that is a sweet deal,but it says it might take 6-8 weeks for delivery :O

Guess I'll just go with the 50 dollar version,lol...

Ramirez

Not sure,but on that subject...back when I bought RSC2 I'm pretty sure it had a free Live subscription,so when I found out I could get BB,I was like hmm I'll use that,but evidentally I threw it away thinking I would never get to use it,haha.

woah wait after reading Ramirez's post....I just found a 2 month free trial card in my RSC2 box. Fucking Arrrr!

NOTRE DAME iz in da hizouse!!!11

Ramirez

Nah,nothing like they used to be...of course I don't know much about any team this year,ESPN hasn't had much coverage yet :( Wish it would hurry up and get here,heh...

I just want a team with a good power RB. I plan on running 99% of the time, even on 4th and 13. I'm not sure if I'll change, but I'd like a good runner. Any suggestions?

Here's a question...have we ever considered doing a created schools tourney? Some guidlines could be setup, and we could have a pretty fair tourney somewhere down the line. I've always loved using created teams in NCAA...and this year the creation mode should be better then ever.

Top Bottom