• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF NCAA Football 2005 Tournament I: A prelude to Victory (Xbox only! signup now!)

Fifty

I know....I just got a case of the doubt. :( Bettis got to my head. I'm sorry.

We need more people to sign up! Come on people!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
We would have one more signed up for this if it didn't take 6 months to get an account activated for this forum. I have a buddy waiting rather impatiently I might add.

Can someone helps this poor used get activated?

I'm in with:

team-logo-nw.gif

updated listing (i cant edit original post)

01. FMT - Cal
02. DMczaf - UNLV
03. shpankey - Oklahoma (hey dude i remember the lowercase s this time!)
04. ramirez - florida state
05. andy - florida
06. kindbudmaster - ohio state
07. mrbob - Virginia Tech
08. matrix - houston
09. guileless - ole miss
10. hgplayer1 - texas a&m
11. speedrazor - minnesota
12. fifty - UCLA
13. element - washington
14. biff - texas
15. drey - michigan
16. siamesedreamer - auburn
17. zombie - notre dame
18. dskillz - LSU
19. truelize - USC
20. sefskillz - middle tennessee
21. solrak - northwestern
22. maverick - pitt (kbars college!)
23. meier (he's a fucking SOLDIER!) - Miami
24. CP - University of Utah
25. RickMofoMears - Stanford
26. musashi - michigan state
27. federman - maryland
28. wellington - oregon

Meier

I put my money down for it today but since Ramirez is a fucker and picked FSU even though he doesnt go there, I dont know who I'll be!

I keep having to pick my rivals but I guess I'll try out Miami.

I don't know if I should get this or Madden... But you can put me down for the University of Utah , and then I'll let you know in the next few days.

Maverick

This is the most out of touch I have been with sports videogames since 2001, and I think I'm more excited for the upcoming games because of it. I'll leave it up to EA and VC to suprise me.

NCAA will definitely be in stores tomorrow? Damn, gotta renew my Xbox Live.

Fifty

I'll know tomorrow afternoon if my store is : A) Getting it in on monday B) Tuesday C) Next week..... :(

If this two bit country doesn't get it in until next week ( I would have ordered it online, but EBgames' shipping is just insulting) I might pass on it, much as it pains me to do so. ESPN is hitting a week from tuesday, and I know plenty of us are buying that. Well, nothing I can do now but hope that they get it in sooner than next week. I'm not driving down to Buffalo again :p

DMczaf

Fuck, Im reading on OperationSports that most people in Vegas are getting it on Tuesday :(

You won this battle, FMT...BUT the way is FAR from over!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Ebgames.com has it shipping today,so it should be in stores by Tuesday.

Rodriguez

FrenchMovieTheme said:
don't worry about it andy you'll be eliminated in the first round anyways ;)

That will probably happen. Unless I play against that skinny little douche Matrix in the first round.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I heart you.

DMczaf

So I call my EB earlier and they tell me "Were getting NCAA 2005 on the 15th sir..." Ok, I'm about to snap at that point...BUT!

Good news everyone! I called EB just now and they said they might get it tonight now, instead of THURSDAY...how the hell did that screw up happen?!...wait, FMT said he called my EB last night! YOU!

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
My gamertag is MALLEY MAL...... I am ready to go with the MISSISSIPPI boys..... I will get it when it comes out...

Fifty

Woooooooo. I love my local game store. EB doesn't carry it......none of the big chains do.....Every other indie place says "The 20th, at the soonest". My boys are getting it in tomorrow :D :D :D

Ramirez

Im still waitin on my DSL to be hooked up,it should be workin by Friday,but I might have to miss this tourney if thats too late :(

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
anybody planning on playing tomorrow night?

Fed Ex is bringing mine tomorrow too, I'll be on late night (after my roommate finally passes out ).

Gamertag: YelloPeril

hgplayer1

well if I have mine tomorrow by the time I get off work I should be online from then on. so say from 6-7 PM CST to midnight

Gamertag: hgplayer1

Fifty

We should change the team list so that each user has his username listed (in brackets perhaps) next to his GA name.

hgplayer1

Im gonna start sending friend invites to everyone in the tourney that I can find gamertags for.

can the first post be edited at all to show gamertags?

ManaByte

Blah! UCLA is taken. I won't play in the tourney :p

But if anyone wants to play non-tourney, my gamertag is ManaByte

Fifty

If you care that much about UCLA (If you're a current student, for example) perhaps I could take another team.. If it means that the tournament will have a dedicated player, and you really want to use that team, I will take Penn state.

FMT told me that we'll only have 48 hours to fill the tourny...and the next-lowest amount of people after 32 is 16, so if we don't get all 32 in within 48 hours, I'm not sure what we'll do.

ManaByte

Nah, keep it. I don't really have the time to dedicate to a tourney anyways.

I just kicked Texas' ass. 42-30-something. Was awarded a Greatest Game for it as well.

suaveric

Exactly how much time is this tourney going to take? How does is work, do you play every night? I'm interested but I'm not sure if I can do it for because of the time commitment.

For those who were wondering, the game DOES come with 2 months free of Live.

hgplayer1

I just got mine so Ill be online tonight for sure. I should stay logged in the whole night but I might be away so if you send me an invite and i dont respond try again.

gamertag: hgplayer1

Fifty

I think I'll have to withdraw from the tourny. Consider UCLA up for grabs... I can't get the game until friday, and while the tourny probably won't start until then, because ESPN is coming out only 3 days after I could buy NCAA, I think I'll save my money :(

hgplayer1

whats the deal? I cant stay connected to EA. Ive only managed to log in once and when i changed some settings and tried to save them it logged me off. is it still hit and miss for pretty much everyone?

it doesnt appear this game is Live aware. -.5 pts

hgplayer1

ugh you cant manually type in gamertags to add to friends list from the Live interface in game. sucks! hard enough to get logged in.

hgplayer1

this is starting to piss me off. i cant stay connected to EAs servers. FMT and DM seem to be doing ok though. this better get corrected.

Top Bottom