• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MAD MAX |OT| Beyond Thunderpoon

Oneself

This and MGSV coming in the mail tomorrow!!!
Those two + the free games on PSN... What a week!! Then, next week it's Tearaway. :)

ironcreed

Banned
It's pretty amazing to see how well avalanche nailed the look of these guys inside the game.

From all of the footage I have seen, I have to agree. Can't wait to fire it up at midnight.

Oh, and thanks for all of your great impressions. Everyone one else who has been posting them as well.

Am i allowed to post a video i recorded on ps4 in this thread? Just a short one showing off a storm in the game.

Sure. The only reason this wouldn't be allowed would be due to concerns of piracy if it's known that pirated copies are out in the wild and legit copies aren't. But that's not the case here.

Paganmoon

PSA for Swedes, El-giganten and mediamarkt are pricing this at 499 for both PS4 and Xbox One, El-giganten atleast for the rest of the week. (effectively 100 SEK less then "normal" AAA retail prices for consoles, very close to retail PC prices).

ironcreed

Banned

Yes, this game is clearly just a bunch of low budget mediocrity.

herman-cain.gif

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
If I enjoyed Shadows of Mordor and love the Mad Max franchise will I enjoy this game? I'm hesitant because Avalanche has two games coming out this year (MM and JC3) and I figured this one was going to suffer due to most of the A team working on JC3.

Definity

Ho boy this makes me want to buy the game now. Is there any real danger when this storms hit or just it just cut down on visibility? How long do they last? Does it rain?

Storms can last a very long time. Totally random when they happen too. Honestly it's one of the more impressive environmental things I've seen in an open world game. Seeing these things roll in from the horizon is pretty awesome. Storms are a risk vs reward though. You can find huge amounts of scrap metal in the storm at the risk of getting blasted by lightning or flying debris.

Rckstar

If I enjoyed Shadows of Mordor and love the Mad Max franchise will I enjoy this game? I'm hesitant because Avalanche has two games coming out this year (MM and JC3) and I figured this one was going to suffer due to most of the A team working on JC3.

Well i liked SoM and i'm enjoying the game... so yes? maybe

Not a huge Mad Max fan though ...only seen fury road

What? Avalanche is working on MM. While a different team is working on Just Cause 3.

The team behind JC2 is making Mad Max, while a new team in New York is heading up development on JC3. Plus Mad Max has been in development for at least 4 years, so I wouldn't be concerned about the quality of the game. So yes, I would absolutely say you would like this game, as I too greatly enjoyed SoM.

Those storms look incredible. Can't wait to jump in.

Despite being a huge Mad Max fan, I'm firmly rooted on the fence for this... on the one hand THOSE FUCKIN' STORMS YO but in the other, MGSV... I really don't know what to do!

SpaceHorror

Despite being a huge Mad Max fan, I'm firmly rooted on the fence for this... on the one hand THOSE FUCKIN' STORMS YO but in the other, MGSV... I really don't know what to do!

I'd say if you're on the fence, go for MGS V and wait to read reviews/impressions on Mad Max. It looks awesome, but if you know you want MGS V best to go with that and wait and see with Mad Max.

I'm starting to lean toward picking up both tomorrow.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?

I love Mad Max, but I'm waiting until October. MGS V and FIFA is out this month.

Okay, I've played the first hour.

Quick impressions ( on Xbox One ):

- Graphics are amazing
- No performance issues so far
- Combat is fun, not as fluid as the Batman games but more brutal
- Car combat is great, explosions look nice
- Story? No idea. The beginning is slow, but I kinda like that.

Don't care if the game turns out to be a steaming pile of turd (actually no I do, just being hyperbolic), the steel book already won me over. One of the best I have ever owned. Might even use this for the Fury Road bluray instead? (but putting the game in the Fury Road case would be weird...)

33.62gb install on the PS4, 413.8mb update, not bad at all, surprised I didn't have to wait hours for a gazillion gb day 1 patch to download.

I'd say if you're on the fence, go for MGS V and wait to read reviews/impressions on Mad Max. It looks awesome, but if you know you want MGS V best to go with that and wait and see with Mad Max.

I'm starting to lean toward picking up both tomorrow.

Thats a good plan, but I'm one of the lucky peeps who got it early, so I know its wonderful. All the extensive videos of the game I've seen look extremely fun to play, so yeah I'm waiting on impressions from fellow gaffers.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
First, great work on the OT Simo. :)

Second, those videos with the storms look awesome and insane at the same time.

And third, the only things Mad Max and MGSV have in common is the release date and being open world. Other than that, two very different games.

I'm picking up both tomorrow and it works out great for me because im hyped and excited to play Mad Max first which I will. Then, I'll play MGSV and by the time im finished, it will be time for another awesome action oriented experience with Uncharted Collection. Starting tomorrow, it's pretty much one game after another for the rest of the year including Just Cause 3 but one thing annoys the hell out of me...Rico's facial expressions never change in any of the videos I have seen. UGH.

Back to Mad Max.....the intro along with the music is awesome and for those paying attention, it's very similar to the 2008 movie Doomsday which has parts in it that's based on the Mad Max universe.

Just over 24 hours to go and I'll finally be playing Mad Max baby!!!

Simo

Sweet.

It's just showing a storm in game so no real spoilers but click at your own risk!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XdjayrRIvM&feature=youtu.be

Hooooly shit! That was fucking wild! I love how you kept hauling that great trying to get the hell out of dodge. lol

I thought so too and said the same thing but in light of seeing the movie and hearing the new voice, this new one in the game just sounds really goofy to me by comparison to the original generic voice. I guess for me it's a case of you be careful what you wish for.

Well Max in Fury Road wasn't going to have a Australian accent and didn't at first but the backlash to the game, and the fact test audiences had trouble understanding what Hardy was saying, meant that they did a ton of ADR over 3 years for the movie.

Having watched the film I agree with ya but it is what it is.

Veggy

I really want it on PC but going to wait a day for PC feedback before I buy

Not risking anything on PC with Warner Bros on the box

ironcreed

Banned
This game is pure beast mode. I also love everything about the Chumbucket character from all of the footage I have watched. His voice actor did an amazing job.

Top Bottom