• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Symphogear - 6

The scene with Hibiki and blue-haired-whatever-her-name is was good. If only because it's the first time an actual genuine character to character moment happened so far in this show.

That aside the fight in this episode is just an edgier and angrier version of Nanoha V.S. Fate. It's almost like a parody of it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I tend to see Watamote as the point of divergence in an awkward geek's lifetime from where that person may learn to cope and go the Genshiken route, or not, and go the NHK route.
Yeah, I think she makes a friend in the manga. I haven't kept up with it since the anime aired though, so I have no idea what she's like now or if it's just status quo.

New Key Art for The Reflection.

DDYHFr_LVYAAF6_H.jpg

Aki-at

Yeah, I think she makes a friend in the manga. I haven't kept up with it since the anime aired though, so I have no idea what she's like now or if it's just status quo.

Yeah the Watamote manga went down a more
positive route, she's got a few friends now but is still a massive douche and gives people chocolates shaped like faeces.

Jex

This has been a pretty disappointing season overall.

I'm tempted to say that the best show was Attack on Titan S2, which really speaks to the quality of the rest of the competition.

I can only pray things pick up later in the year.

blurr

My Hero Academia 22

Bakugo too OP; nerf pls.

Seriously, it's annoying that Bakugo is so detestable while at the same time being one of the most powerful of the "hero" cast, in contrast to the detestable side characters such as pervy dude who are just jokes. I'm not saying it's a bad narrative decision - it creates some interesting possibilities in a series that is very aware of public perception of heroes - but it's really frustrating to watch when he keeps winning and I keep not wanting him to.

Legit thought he would lose in the Uraraka fight preview, was disappointed to see otherwise but it was nonetheless a good episode. I still ponder about it as much as Todoroki vs Midoriya.

Bakugo is difficult to deal with, much less like although there were moments where his character is used interestingly, they're quite spread out.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

I'm tempted to say that the best show was Attack on Titan S2, which really speaks to the quality of the rest of the competition.

pssst eccentric family 2 pssst

It's definitely a revealation to me, so many good shows I skipped on in my "anime is dead" phase.

I went through the same thing when I kinda quite anime in college and through film school. Missed a ton of shows that either my wife caught me up on, Netflix, or I still haven't gotten around to seeing all of like Code Geass. Did finish S1 though finally.

Lol, welcome back, bruh

lol I've been here the whole time. Watching, waiting-- but nothing worth saying lol.

Jex

pssst eccentric family 2 pssst

You know, that was a pretty okay show, but I can't really say it worked for me as well as the original season. The pacing felt pretty strange, and a few of the plot points felt like re-hashes of what we've already seen, while a few of the newer plots didn't feel very fleshed out.

In comparison, while still a flawed series in many respects, Attack on Titan S2 was a step-up over the original series in numerous respects. Therefore it shines a little brighter for me.

I can't say I was really "in love" with either series.

blurr

I can't believe I dropped Sakura Quest but it wasn't doing much for me.

MHA is good but it's good at an obvious level so to speak. I guess I hold season 1 in higher regard than most here from the posts I've read.

AoTS2 is also good but time and many shows since season 1 has had its effect on my overall experience and the impression the characters/setting had.

I still maintain that Kado was worth my time and I'm glad I picked it, it was the biggest surprise for me this season, although I'm yet to watch 10 and 11.

Ross61

Near the end of No Game No Life and I don't know how to put how I feel about it clearly. It's a good well made anime, but some of the stuff about it turn me off.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I only watched LWA, MHA and Cindy "where's the joke" Gals.

Caught up on shows from last season since Zelda took up a lot of time back then

I figured you were unhappy with the current state of anime, given how much your discussion of it this year seemed to center around your dislike of Little Witch Academia and a few other shows. That's unfortunate. While I share some of your complaints regarding the plotting of Eccentric Family S2, I'm still glad it exists with its striking visual and direction style and fascinating world. Plus I feel like I can hardly be disappointed with a season that provided unexpected original gems such as ID-0 and Tsuki ga Kirei as well as continuing stars such as Pokemon Sun and Moon and Tiger Mask W. But if you had a lot of expectations for a franchise continuation which were not delievered on in the way you had hoped, I can understand why that would be upsetting.

duckroll

Who has time for "appreciating" lackluster anime when there is Zelda, Persona 5, Nier Automata, and FFXIV to play? Lol.

Speaking of which, I just watched Re:Creators 12 on the train. Lmfao. Bad anime...

Thud

Who has time for "appreciating" lackluster anime when there is Zelda, Persona 5, Nier Automata, and FFXIV to play? Lol.

Speaking of which, I just watched Re:Creators 12 on the train. Lmfao. Bad anime...

I'll vote for mario odyssey as best anime of the year.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well I am playing through #FE at the moment which does combine GAF's favourite things: idols + anime.

I don't mind the changes made in the localisation.

Cornbread78

Near the end of No Game No Life and I don't know how to put how I feel about it clearly. It's a good well made anime, but some of the stuff about it turn me off.

Sounds about right. Take out the imouto fanservice and you have a pretty interesting and fun show.

Aiii

So not worth it
Sounds about right. Take out the imouto fanservice and you have a pretty interesting and fun show.

But if you do that I can no longer pretend it's in the Imouto Cinematic Universe and that would be a shame.

I kind of want to re-edit Eromanga Sensei to play this everytime Sagiri timidly opens the door to her room for nii-san.

I dropped more shows this season because of gacha games and video games in general.

Anime video games were better this season than anime itself!!!

Symphogear - 7

Chris is this closest thing this show has to a main character I somewhat enjoy.

Unfortunately, she's in Symphogear.

Also, can I talk about how OBNOXIOUS the fight scenes are in this show? Yeah, the animation's nice but holy shit, having your characters constantly singing even during moments when they're trying to think is freaking ear-grating.

I love insert songs but this is ridiculous.

Oh and fuck you, Miku. Your best friend saves your life and the conclusion you jump to is that you can't be friends with her anymore?!?

This show has some of the angriest, edgiest, most unlikeable people I've ever seen in an anime. Imagine if Mary Jane shat all over Peter Parker after learning he was Spider-Man in Spider-Man 2? Boy would that have been a pleasant conclusion to a great film!

This is a terrible show.

Cornbread78

But if you do that I can no longer pretend it's in the Imouto Cinematic Universe and that would be a shame.

I kind of want to re-edit Eromanga Sensei to play this everytime Sagiri timidly opens the door to her room for nii-san.

LOL, a little grandiose, but it works.

If there is ever a S2 of Eromanga sensei, it might even become more fitting!

zulux21

I won't deny there is some questionable stuff in NGNL, but there is a ton of great in there as well.

that being said.... it will be super interesting to see Gaf's reaction if a season 2 is made. Though part of me wonders if they won't just adapt books 4 and 5 as a series of OVA after the movie given book 6 is the movie, and I don't think you could stretch those books out to 12 eps very easily, but you could do 4-6 30 min ova no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom