• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mass Effect: Andromeda Multiplayer Thread

Maligna

Banned
The Geth are an almost guaranteed no. The Quarians are a maybe.

There are totally Turians in there. I have the Havok and the Soldier.

Also the round dudes are the Volus. Man the Volus engineer was broken in ME3. It was hilarious.

Yeah, I said Turian by mistake. Edited.

But yeah, it feels like character races will be a bit limited unless they want multiplayer to break canon.

My favorite class in ME3 was the EDI Android class. And the one that was a straight up Ninja that could teleport and 1 hit kill most unshielded/unarmored enemies with a sword strike.

JTCx

I'm focusing on Human Vanguard as my main (same as ME3) until I unlock a Krogan Vanguard or other alien characters.

I feel the Charge+Nova combo is less effective than before. I was playing on Bronze against some raiders last night, Charge+Nova doesn't always kill them off, but strangely, Charge+Biotic Punch does, and you can pull off Charge+Punch much quicker than Charge+Nova.

But of course I'm only Level 4 or 5 right now, I guess things will be different once my abilities have been upgraded.

Human Vanguard starts to shine when you reach max charge and nova. The combo works differently this time around, you would want to prime the enemies with nova and detonate with charge mostly. Make sure to also get anti shield with nova.

Yeah, I said Turian by mistake. Edited.

But yeah, it feels like character races will be a bit limited unless they want multiplayer to break canon.

My favorite class in ME3 was the EDI Android class.

Gotcha. Yeah, the Alliance Infiltrator (EDI) was really cool. I was a huge fan of the Geth Juggernaut, just because the charged melee was some brutal Sith-Lord type shit and it was awesome.

None of the current classes really strike me as super exciting... but that's because I want people to wear helmets so I don't have to look at my human engineer's douchy haircut. I did unlock the Angaran Insurgent, so I'm gonna play around with him next time I get to do some MP.

Possible story spoiler in regards to what you said though,
they mention in single player that a Quarian ark may be coming later, as they left after the first wave left. So I wouldn't be surprised if there was Andromeda DLC for single player that had a whole thing about finding the Quarian Ark, and then the corresponding free MP DLC would give us some Quarian options. We DO get the Reegar Carbine after all.

Owensboro

It's good to hear this is so similar to ME3. I was surprised how much I liked the MP in that game, to the point that even though I'm hearing mixed things about the single player I'm seriously considering buying this just for multiplayer.

It's good to hear this is so similar to ME3. I was surprised how much I liked the MP in that game, to the point that even though I'm hearing mixed things about the single player I'm seriously considering buying this just for multiplayer.

If you like Mass Effect, ignore the haters and just dive in. I've been enjoying the single player a lot, the good outweighs the bad for me. It is good enough where I'be been playing the single player more than the MP, but that's also cause my wife wants to watch all that.

Question to anyone who has been putting in serious time towards MP, I heard that when you Prestige a class now, you get a minor % bonus to that class that builds up with each Prestige? I'm nowhere near 20 so I haven't been able to check it out myself yet.

Maligna

Banned
Gotcha. Yeah, the Alliance Infiltrator (EDI) was really cool. I was a huge fan of the Geth Juggernaut, just because the charged melee was some brutal Sith-Lord type shit and it was awesome.

None of the current classes really strike me as super exciting... but that's because I want people to wear helmets so I don't have to look at my human engineer's douchy haircut. I did unlock the Angaran Insurgent, so I'm gonna play around with him next time I get to do some MP.

they mention in single player that a Quarian ark may be coming later, as they left after the first wave left. So I wouldn't be surprised if there was Andromeda DLC for single player that had a whole thing about finding the Quarian Ark, and then the corresponding free MP DLC would give us some Quarian options. We DO get the Reegar Carbine after all.

That's probably a good guess actually.

Not to mention
Drell and Hanar are also on the Quarian ark. So, in addition to possible Quarian classes, we'd also get Drell classes and maybe Blasto.

Xevren

Yay a multiplayer thread!

Absolutely adore it so far, just need some better non common weapons. Just been playing Asari Adept on silver trying to get better stuff unlocked.

Really hope they fix the whole queuing with friends problem. Having to fill the group entirely or not being able to queue sucks.

Xevren

Does the matchmaking not work as a solo player? I tried hosting and no one has joined me in almost ten minutes.

Nope, just have to join. Even if you have a friend and want to queue up it wont work. Have to communicate with them on a specific map/enemy/difficulty and hope you get together.

Nope, just have to join. Even if you have a friend and want to queue up it wont work. Have to communicate with them on a specific map/enemy/difficulty and hope you get together.

What the fuck how does anyone ever get a game going? Have they said anything about fixing this? This is the most impressive display of incompetence I've ever seen by developers in a game and I played Wildstar.

Maledict

Is it me or are the Kett Ascendents much tougher than any other equivalent boss enemy? And their sync kill seems to happen *really* easily, with very little wind up and significant range?

Sanojio

I have that asari biotic with sword, she is too fragile for me but I have been slaying with a katana only build for her. The female infiltrator is ridiculous, currently at level 10 for now. The tactical cloak is a lifesaver on silver and for revives.

Xevren

Is it me or are the Kett Ascendents much tougher than any other equivalent boss enemy? And their sync kill seems to happen *really* easily, with very little wind up and significant range?

Sync kill has a tell, just watch around the ground. If it starts looking burnt'ish dodge away. Once you know what to look for it's not that bad. They're still the toughest though IMO

Sync kill has a tell, just watch around the ground. If it starts looking burnt'ish dodge away. Once you know what to look for it's not that bad. They're still the toughest though IMO

The whole orb thing is a bit annoying, unless you have a good high damage sniper on your team to pop it fast. I ran one MP game during lunch with the Indra and that was a terrible terrible mistake. That gun is unplayable without mods.

Also, if you're a rando in matchmaking and you hold up the group because you want to pick the prettiest colors for your outfit, I hope your router catches fire you inconsiderate chucklefuck.

Does anyone know how often the item store equipment is going to refresh? If there's a timer I missed it. Already have the Juggernaut Shield and wondering how long I have to get new Apex bucks.

I asked on twitter and he said every few days so I bet it's like most games and tuesday mornings. So on Xbox One if you look at the blue wall on Firebase Derelict it crashes the game to the dashboard that's new.

mcz117chief

What the fuck how does anyone ever get a game going? Have they said anything about fixing this? This is the most impressive display of incompetence I've ever seen by developers in a game and I played Wildstar.

It's not as bad as you think. It is obviously a server issue and is quite random. Yesterday I also couldn't get a match started because no one joined but today all my lobbies filled up within 1 or 2 seconds.

PS4 here btw: mcz2345 (Europe)

HvySky

Once you and your team learn to prioritize shooting the orb they're not too bad. I've found it's hitting the orb that's toughest, as we're usually able to bring them down pretty quickly after the shield is gone.

RS4-

Kett is maybe the easiest set of enemies to deal with.

Can't exactly play the game like ME3, far less chokepoints, so you can't just fortify one or two spots like the previous game and just sit there picking shit off.

Coxy100

Banned
I'm really enjoying it. Had no lag - but really pissed off due to the game crashing on the final wave 3 times now (out of 14 ish games)

Playing on PS4 slim

It's a lot tougher than ME3 - a bit less fun because of that

diaspora

I made a discord to facilitate ME-GAF Andromeda MP, link in email tags. Most people AFAIK are in SP but there are voice lobbies for each platform. Link is in email tags.

Xevren

The whole orb thing is a bit annoying, unless you have a good high damage sniper on your team to pop it fast. I ran one MP game during lunch with the Indra and that was a terrible terrible mistake. That gun is unplayable without mods.

Also, if you're a rando in matchmaking and you hold up the group because you want to pick the prettiest colors for your outfit, I hope your router catches fire you inconsiderate chucklefuck.

Right now they feel brutal just because of how fast they get their shields back after dealing with the orb. Think in time it won't be as bad since most people are running poopy weapons. God knows I am.

That's my only issue so far. Sometimes you can play 5 games in a row no problem and sometimes you crash in all 5. I really REALLY hope they improve the stability.

I'm thinking of just uninstalling until they fix it I don't really care about the single player and I can keep doing apex missions with the app.

Mindlog

This game hates rest mode so I have to stop doing that. Playing with 10 FPS isn't ideal.

That said. I'm really taking to the female human engineer. Overload, Cryo, Incendiary Ammo and a helpful turret is a strong combination.

Right now they feel brutal just because of how fast they get their shields back after dealing with the orb. Think in time it won't be as bad since most people are running poopy weapons. God knows I am.

I'm running a Phalanx and a Charger on my Engineer because everything else I have is complete rubbish.

I have a ton of sniper rifles, but I'm a terrible sniper and don't want anyone else to suffer me missing my shots, but I think I may try and work on my Human Infiltrator tonight. I got the Kett charging sniper rifle, the Angaran one shot sniper, and the Remnant laaazooor sniper rifle, and I'm too nervous to use any of them.

I admittedly like the Angaran one just because of the flavor text.

Nattan

How is the Pro performance? I've read some impressions about its performance in singleplayer, but how does the MP fare? Didn't get my copy today, so have to wait over weekend.

Sanojio

How is the Pro performance? I've read some impressions about its performance in singleplayer, but how does the MP fare? Didn't get my copy today, so have to wait over weekend.

Lovely. I have had zero issues outside of day 1. No random disconnects or anything, no screen tear

Coxy100

Banned
Has anyone managed to play with a friend yet?

Every time I create a private lobby - I invite my friend. She joins... I change it to a public lobby. 10 mins later nobody has joined?

So I've been spamming basic packs to get rid of the low level crap. Any else doing that strategy? In ME3 it helped to avoid crappy items in better packs.

Not great. Pretty frequent drops I'm both SP and MP for me. I really regret not keeping my PC pre-order when it was cheap. Got to go where your friends playing MP are though.

Has anyone managed to play with a friend yet?

Every time I create a private lobby - I invite my friend. She joins... I change it to a public lobby. 10 mins later nobody has joined?

We had that issue the other night. Apparently if you have 3 people, if fills up no problem. And if you have 4 it is no issue. But for some reason 2 is the magic screw you number where nobody gets matched up with you.

Hopefully that gets fixed soon.

Beelzebubs

Really enjoying it. Been ignoring the single player because of it. Much more fun than me3 apart from I miss the grabs.

Origin: Beelzebubs

I've been opening low-level packs I got the default pistol to level 9 but it hits like a wet noodle the rank 1 sidewinder I got still out damages it by alot it feels like.

Top Bottom