• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Out of the Park Baseball 18 (OOTP18) - Official Thread and NeoGAF League

TRADE:

Cleveland Indians send:
-C Yan Gomes (GOBL)
-SP Brady Aiken (Lynchburg A+)

Brewers send:
-1B Eric Thames (GOBL)

highfive.gif

Getting my boy Aguilar some much needed AB's.

brentech

Sim: 6 days
Date: Mar 4, 2018
Notes: Spring Training is here! Test out your new free agents and prospects and figure out your 2018 team.

TRADE:

Cleveland Indians send:
-C Yan Gomes (GOBL)
-SP Brady Aiken (Lynchburg A+)

Brewers send:
-1B Eric Thames (GOBL)

Trade Processed

They have my Tigers winning 69 games. Yikes.

I always have to view the preseason predictions on the GOBL website, they never work in game for me.

I found them. Just had to go to the root gobl.obleague.com, then go from there. The links on my export reader bookmark are broken, evidently.

The player predictions are always amusing. My guy Gillaspie is a top-10 hitter, but somehow also the 17th ranked 1B or something.

I've learned that evaluating players in OOTP is finding the clearest path through FUD.

Oh I didn't notice the top 10 player predictions, 4 of the top 10 hitters in my Rockies. I do feel very good about my team this year, so fingers crossed.

Rommel

Reigning MVP Harper not projected to be a top 10 hitter... I doubt these ratings :)

EDIT: OOTP 18 is only $20 right now on Steam for anyone on the fence about jumping in.

brentech

Sim: 7 days
Date: Mar 11, 2018
Notes: Spring Training has begun. Already got my first injury!

Reigning MVP Harper not projected to be a top 10 hitter... I doubt these ratings :)

EDIT: OOTP 18 is only $20 right now on Steam for anyone on the fence about jumping in.

Tell that to the MLB thread. I don't really go in there.

Windup

Neo Member
As someone who knows a bit about baseball stats/sabremetrics but not a ton, how much time with the game would it take for me to be ready to jump into an online league? Considering picking it up in the steam sale.

As someone who knows a bit about baseball stats/sabremetrics but not a ton, how much time with the game would it take for me to be ready to jump into an online league? Considering picking it up in the steam sale.

I literally knew nothing about Baseball before I joined this league and everyone here is super helpful, I think if you're willing to put a bit of time in its not to tough to pick up, and if you have any questions someone is always around to help

Windup

Neo Member
I literally knew nothing about Baseball before I joined this league and everyone here is super helpful, I think if you're willing to put a bit of time in its not to tough to pick up, and if you have any questions someone is always around to help

Sounds dope, if I end up picking it up I'll definitely join the league.

Drew Smyly out for 3 months with a partially torn labrum.

Didn't take long for the disappointment to begin did it. Sorry!

Man these preseason rankings always had my A's near the bottom so don't know if they're all that reliable.

But, then again, they have my Padres in the basement, and that sounds right so maybe the predictions are perfect.

My team is doing surprisingly well! All 6 starting pitchers I've throw out have been excellent. The rookies I'm running on offense are hitting.

Is this... actually a decent team?

I know better than to get excited by ST games, but that Austin Barnes kid I traded for a few days ago sure looks like a great pickup so far. .349/.472/.698 with more BB's than SO's and he's leading the league in RBI's. If that holds, Wilson Ramos will be even more available.

Watching the College World Series right now and I see "Skoug's mother" in the stands and it makes me think of a guy named Evan Skoug from old GOBL. Turned out he was at bat for TCU. It still writes me out knowing all these real people because of a game.

Decision time coming soon

My top 3 performers for this last sim included both of my catchers, Grandal batting .500 and Torrens batting .357, 3 HR for the former and 2 for the latter

Me likey

Watching the College World Series right now and I see "Skoug's mother" in the stands and it makes me think of a guy named Evan Skoug from old GOBL. Turned out he was at bat for TCU. It still writes me out knowing all these real people because of a game.

He was my 2nd round pick last year and one of my top prospects. Should play in AA or AAA this year, but could have had a shot at the majors if I wasn't set at the position for the season.

I just love looking at the player development report. Always good to see 20 of the guys on my ML team drop while 2 improve. Doing something right!

Oh yeah, 90% of my guys fell too...

But I had one reliever that went from 21/35 OVR/POT to 79/80... in one sim.

Looks like somebody taught him how to throw an 80 rated curveball during spring training.

Good luck this season humans. My team was surprisingly good this spring training. Don't know how we'll do when it actually matters, but I'm hoping to be competitive.

Good luck to the hyumahn managers this year. DEATH TO THE CPU!

Goal is to get these Padres to .500. Please, feel free to dump any and all starting pitchers onto the waiver wire. Please.

Good luck this season humans. My team was surprisingly good this spring training. Don't know how we'll do when it actually matters, but I'm hoping to be competitive.

If spring training numbers mattered, it would probably project me for better than a tie for last in my division.

Top Bottom