• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super "NeoGAF Arcade Stick Thread" II TURBO

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Btw, what am I missing for example in SFV by not having the touchpad on my IV Kai?

Old post/questions:
___
What about the stick itself, is it any good? Is €100 a pretty good deal on it or it is just weirdly overpriced on Amazon (€149) and €100 is its common price on the street?
Still waiting on it (I guess it'll take at least another week, goddamn Canary Islands' customs!) but I'm pretty excited to get back to SFV finally with a stick!

Laws00

Soon to me mine in less then no time. 虫姫さまふたり 対応スティック box and all. USD $95.56...........and shipping lol

20140705230919.jpg

I only really want 2 sticks really

The Xbox 360 – HORI Real Arcade PRO.EX Premium VLX but I think i'm good on with the one I got a month ago

and the Xbox 360 Street Fighter IV FightStick standard to complete my street fighter 4 collection

The top panel art work of this

TTT2-Rotator-1020x574.jpg

Laws00

So my Hori Real Arcade Pro Mushihimesama Futari Ver 1.5 Arcade Stick came......no one was here to pick it up

mother fucker

Laws00

So I need your guys help. I was playing Vampire Savior 2 and little did I know that what I was doing was rubbing the washer and this circular ring not even an 8th of an inch.

Ya I fucked up. lol Luckily it was made to be "for use" but I'd like to preserve this thing better. Is there some type of clear cover plexi over thing to put over this thing?

Wondering if they still make stuff for Hori Real Arcade Pro EX SE sticks

20161007_085104.jpg

I like that carbon fiber looking balltop. Id get one if I wasnt using an LED with my balltop

guess I could get one for my other stick once my friend returns it

Zackat

Updated to Windows Anniversary Edition again so I could play Gears of War 4. Can't use my fightstick again, so this really sucks.

Have the te2 and madcatz drivers installed.

Edit: switched the input from HID back to Xinput and it fixed it. Praise be.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
I'm delighted and pissed with my new RAP4 Kai: the former cause I wasn't aware they actually added full true ps4 support with a real touchpad etc.; the latter coz I didn't know there was a non-publicized revision (HORI is a bit hush hush about there being 2 models) which added full PC support (with its own switch on the side). I don't get it, mine mentions the new buttons (hayabausa replaced the kuro) so it should automatically have the pc switch but it doesn't.
Sucks but maybe it's the reason I paid €100 for it instead of €150... not sure I'd pay that much more to have native pc support when I can use x360ce but still, stings a bit mine's already an older model

I'm delighted and pissed with my new RAP4 Kai: the former cause I wasn't aware they actually added full true ps4 support with a real touchpad etc.; the latter coz I didn't know there was a non-publicized revision (HORI is a bit hush hush about there being 2 models) which added full PC support (with its own switch on the side). I don't get it, mine mentions the new buttons (hayabausa replaced the kuro) so it should automatically have the pc switch but it doesn't.
Sucks but maybe it's the reason I paid €100 for it instead of €150... not sure I'd pay that much more to have native pc support when I can use x360ce but still, stings a bit mine's already an older model

If the art on your stick has a little strip on the right saying what buttons are where, then it's the newer revision. TBH, the older release with the Kuro buttons works just fine on PC, just not as a native Xinput device.

But there are low/no latency ways around that little issue.

shockdude

Mayflash's F500 stick is now on Amazon for $90. Better than its $100 launch price, but still too expensive imo.
Granted, it's the only arcade stick on the market that supports headphones and headsets on PS4/XBO/360. I'm surprised no one else has implemented that feature yet.

DiGiKerot

What are the major issues with it?

Unbranded parts, I'd imagine, so anyone serious about matters will probably be dropping for a Sanwa/Seimitsu stick and a full set of buttons at the least. When you can get a HRAP4 with Hayabusa parts for $150, it becomes only really worth it if you really, really want the XB support.

Tripon

Unbranded parts, I'd imagine, so anyone serious about matters will probably be dropping for a Sanwa/Seimitsu stick and a full set of buttons at the least. When you can get a HRAP4 with Hayabusa parts for $150, it becomes only really worth it if you really, really want the XB support.
What? The Hayabusa levels and the new buttons get good reviews. The brand is Hori in the HRAP4.

Pachinko

Guys, I just wanted to chime in on how well built the hori sticks are. I had a bit of a fit of rage a week back playing street fighter and the stick took some abuse , buttons fell off , cord drawer hinge broke BUT I simply popped them back into place and it's working just fine still.

So , if you're prone to take out anger and frustration on controllers , know that the hori RAP5 can take some abuse (although it doesn't deserve it and people like me really need to just take a breath instead).

BOTEC

Guys, I just wanted to chime in on how well built the hori sticks are. I had a bit of a fit of rage a week back playing street fighter and the stick took some abuse , buttons fell off , cord drawer hinge broke BUT I simply popped them back into place and it's working just fine still.

So , if you're prone to take out anger and frustration on controllers , know that the hori RAP5 can take some abuse (although it doesn't deserve it and people like me really need to just take a breath instead).

Yeah, that cord compartment door kind of sucks. I have four of the modern era HRAP's, and that door gets flimsier and flimsier with each new edition. It's also located exactly where I tend to grip the stick when moving it around, so they pop off often. So far so good, and I've popped them back on every time.

How you manged to pop a button off, that I'd like to see. Every time I've swapped them out I bust my knuckles getting them out. They're in there tight.

shockdude

What are the major issues with it?
That, and that you can't use the stick on PS4/XBO/360 unless you physically connect an official controller to the stick. Which also means you can't use it in some tournaments.
If you really need the headset support, and you can't handle the smaller but otherwise identical F300, then maybe the F500 is worth the money.
What? The Hayabusa levels and the new buttons get good reviews. The brand is Hori in the HRAP4.
He's saying that adding nice (Sanwa/Seimitsu) parts to the F500 would bring the stick cost to around $150, so why do that when you could just buy a HRAP4 that already comes with nice (Hayabusa) parts and has fully native PS4 compatibility.

Drop the F500 to $75 and it'll actually be a somewhat viable recommendation. Drop it to $60 and it'll be the budget stick of the generation.

Edit: The crazy folks at Mayflash added Xbox 360 Headset support to their F300 with a firmware update. Connect headset to 360 controller, connect 360 controller to F300, connect F300 to 360.
These guys are the weirdest fightstick manufacturer by far; they serve the niche of the niche.

Hmm, I'm looking for a slightly cheaper stick for my cousin that he can use for PS4 or Xbox One, and this might be a good answer. I've always stuck to Hori/ TE2 stuff, how does custom artwork work for one of these? Where would I be able to find a template/ cover?

shockdude

Hmm, I'm looking for a slightly cheaper stick for my cousin that he can use for PS4 or Xbox One, and this might be a good answer. I've always stuck to Hori/ TE2 stuff, how does custom artwork work for one of these? Where would I be able to find a template/ cover?
IIRC a sheet of A4 paper will fit the stick nicely
Search shoryuken.com's forums for templates and ideas, particularly the Venom Stick and Mayflash V2 threads since those sticks have the same body as the F500.
Here's a basic template I found. You might be able to find better templates within the threads I linked.

The F300 doesn't have a plexiglass cover and I can't find a specific template for it, but you could probably make some minor edits to the F500 template and then tape it on.

I just noticed that the F500 has a "TPAD" button, which the F300 lacks. No idea what that button does, but maybe it's related to the PS4 touchpad?

shockdude

Thanks for the template, I can definitely play around with it if he decides he wants the F300 instead.
Np.
These Mayflash sticks are solid beginner sticks, with surprisingly decent stock parts. The buttons are Sanwa clones with more resistance, while the joystick is some sort of JLF/Hayabusa-like with stiff microswitches.
The F300 is smaller and (much) cheaper. The F500 is larger and has a few more features like headset support and the TPAD button.
Both sticks have identical compatibility, including the need to connect a PS4/XBO controller to the stick.

Laws00

What ever happened to that Radiant Silvergun stick (Real Arcade Pro EX RS-1 layout) that was suppose to be made 5 or 6 years ago? I don't think they ever made that thing did they

18j2qrm0nuo2ijpg.jpg

image270.png

Np.
These Mayflash sticks are solid beginner sticks, with surprisingly decent stock parts. The buttons are Sanwa clones with more resistance, while the joystick is some sort of JLF/Hayabusa-like with stiff microswitches.
The F300 is smaller and (much) cheaper. The F500 is larger and has a few more features like headset support and the TPAD button.
Both sticks have identical compatibility, including the need to connect a PS4/XBO controller to the stick.

I think i'm going to try and convince him to get the F500. He's 15 and just starting to get into fighting games, likes the HRAPs I use, and is looking for s stick on the cheaper side he can use with both his Xbox One and my PS4. I have a full set of Sanwa buttons I'm willing to give him if need be. Keeping in mind his fairly limited budget, does this seem like his best option? Is there maybe a budget stick+converter combo that may be the better way to go?

shockdude

I think i'm going to try and convince him to get the F500. He's 15 and just starting to get into fighting games, likes the HRAPs I use, and is looking for s stick on the cheaper side he can use with both his Xbox One and my PS4. I have a full set of Sanwa buttons I'm willing to give him if need be. Keeping in mind his fairly limited budget, does this seem like his best option? Is there maybe a budget stick+converter combo that may be the better way to go?
Converters are expensive (a Brook converter costs $45 on FocusAttack), and they add a couple ms of input lag.
If he has an Xbox One pad and you have a PS4 pad, then the F500 should be the best multiplatform stick under $100, aside from the F300.
If you get the F500, be sure to post impressions here.

Converters are expensive (a Brook converter costs $45 on FocusAttack), and they add a couple ms of input lag.
If he has an Xbox One pad and you have a PS4 pad, then the F500 should be the best multiplatform stick under $100, aside from the F300.
If you get the F500, be sure to post impressions here.

Gotcha, the headphone jack seems like a nice little bonus, too. Thanks again for the input.

I may end up getting one for myself as well, I've been looking for a cheaper stick to mod and play around with, and this seems like a strong contender. I'll be back with impressions if I go that route.

Justinh

Damn, that sucks! Even though they don't have handles or a compartment for the cable, I like that style of HRAP the most. I guess it's just nostalgia. With that art, that would've been a cool stick to have.
Yeah. Not for any particular dislike. I just enjoy the LS-32. Never tried the Hayabusa ones.
Dude... I mean, have you ever tried an LS-40? Just curious.

Edzi

None? Seimitsu feels very different from Sanwa sticks. Why not just put a JLF in?

I meant in terms of physical dimensions. I took a peak at all the available Seimitsu sticks and it seems like there's a lot of variety and I'm not sure which would be the closest to a direct swap.

notworksafe

IIRC as long as you get the flat mounting plate you can fit any of the Seimitsus in your HRAP. There's an LS-32 Flat plate that works with the LS-32, 38, and 40 and an LS-58 flat plate that works with LS-56-01 and LS-58.

Top Bottom