• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh |OT| Stamina is Ki

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGrizz

I just realized this game came out tomorrow and my backlog is huge! Can someone explain to me why I need this game added to my backlog? What makes this game so special? I could read a review, but I'm feeling lazy this am. :(

I just realized this game came out tomorrow and my backlog is huge! Can someone explain to me why I need this game added to my backlog? What makes this game so special? I could read a review, but I'm feeling lazy this am. :(

You get shiba inu as your guardian spirit buddy

sephi22

Dunno man. It was really clever.

Now we have some stan title. I don't even know what the eff that is supposed to mean.

I looked it up. Some Japanese author who made a comic book about a samurai rabbit. Wikipedia lists his accomplishments as Usogi Mutombo (the comic), and 'Other works' so he's like a one hit wonder. Someone in this thread compared him to Stan Lee which just makes me laugh.

Anyway, don't know if I should order digital or physical. I don't like preorder bonuses in games, especially if they're exclusive (looking at you Bandai Namco). Anyone know if the bonuses for this game are worth bothering about?

Pixieking

Banned
I looked it up. Some Japanese author who made a comic book about a samurai rabbit. Wikipedia lists his accomplishments as Usogi Mutombo (the comic), and 'Other works' so he's like a one hit wonder. Someone in this thread compared him to Stan Lee which just makes me laugh.

Usagi Yojimbo books and collections.

Whilst you could say he's only created a handful of characters, and is a one-hit-wonder in that sense, he's been in comics since the late 1980s, writing and drawing the same series. That's a pretty good accomplishment, I'd say. :)

Also, I think the Stan Lee comparison was a joke (or at least, I interpreted it as one).

Kaako

Felium Defensor
NiohGAF we made it!!!
Got digital deluxe preloaded and ready to go. I'll have to adjust my sleep schedule for the next couple of days cause I plan on playing this baby throughout the night.
Thanks for the OT, mcz117chief.
Thread title is ass.
;p

Okada

Ergh I managed to hold off pre-ordering this until today.

I'm still working through Yakuza 0 and Resident Evil 7 (plus the rest of the backlog) but I just couldn't hold off.

Pixieking

Banned
Yeah, this irked me too. Where did these terms come from? I feel like I'm being trolled.

Guardian Spirit redirects here (see the Asia sub-section), and Ki is an alternate spelling of Chi/Qi/Khi/Gi.

In traditional Chinese culture, qì or ch'i (About this sound qì, also known as khí in Vietnamese culture, gi in Korean culture, ki in Japanese culture) is an active principle forming part of any living thing

Wiki

Saw the thread title and assumed the game will be full of references I won't understand so cancelled my preorder, thanks OP!

Can't wait for Wednesday!

Drewfonse

I started reading him about 2 years ago and it's absolutely phenomenal. The amount of detail he puts into his work is incredible. All the historical accuracy, focus on explaining traditional Japanese trades and culture. Amazing work.

And he taught me all about yokai :)

Most importantly, people will learn about Usagi Yojimbo!

I think you're overestimating people's interest in your obscure reference. People are here for the game.

mcz117chief

I think you're overestimating people's interest in your obscure reference. People are here for the game.

Their loss.

Thread title is ass.
;p

index1_clip_image015.jpg

Carcetti

Why do I get the feel that spears are the dragon sword from ds1?

Shame.

Some enemies die easier from some weapons. Spear is good against lone swordsmen that can combo you if they get close because you can keep a safety distance, axes are good for breaking guard from heavy enemies etc. The stat system doesn't reward heavy specialization as much as in Souls so you can easily use all weapon types. Plus swords have fast draw move.

Look at you go, demolishing bosses on first try now. I remember the day you were stuck on Hino-Enma as if it were yesterday. How you liking your playthrough with the game now?

Nice ;)

Man, I love this game. It only was the second boss that gave me nightmares but I really can't describe how good this game is.

I'm doing all the side quests, too.

So hype for this. Wish I had off work just one day to play lol. When I get home from work I'm going to take a nap till like 11pm and then just stay up most of the night to play.

what-ok

What's the name of this yokai? it reminds me of this from Okami

That's Nurikabe. In Japanese mythology many objects come self aware after they are 100 years old. There are many other YOKAI, like rice bowls, paper screens, lamps, umbrellas, slippers etc... Its amazing. (=

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Nice ;)

Man, I love this game. It only was the second boss that gave me nightmares but I really can't describe how good this game is.

I'm doing all the side quests, too.
Music to my ears I tell ya, music to my ears. After the first and second beta, a bunch of us knew this was already something special. I'm so glad to hear you guys with early copies are having a great time with it. The game is so damn satisfying to play once it clicks and you have a set path of where you want to take your character(level & playstyle wise). I can't wait to play tonight!

FeArTriX

Music to my ears I tell ya, music to my ears. After the first and second beta, a bunch of us knew this was already something special. I'm so glad to hear you guys with early copies are having a great time with it. The game is so damn satisfying to play once it clicks and you have a set path of where you want to take your character(level & playstyle wise). I can't wait to play tonight!

It unlocks on Wednesday for Eu , the wait is unbearable

Mifec

Man you really can't make or pick good titles, same for the nier OT

Good job on the rest of the OT though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom