• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh |OT| Stamina is Ki

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcz117chief

Are we having a password for coop?

ublwt.gif

mcz117chief

Seriously? You can see the "hair" option from the beginning in the shop menu. It's just greyed out like it was in the demo.

Fuck, man, everything is a spoiler here.

I haven' t played the full game or the demo so I wouldn't know, but I'll change it right away.

mcz117chief

I don't get the Stan Sakai thing :/

Stan Sakai is a super popular creator of comic books. His most significant work is, without a sliver of doubt, Usagi Yojimbo. It's a huge series about a wandering samurai called Miyamoto Usagi who encounters pretty much everything you can think of including tons of yokai. One entire book is dedicated exclusively to yokai where Usagi fights a whole hord of them with a friend in order to stop their seance. Look at post 34.

Usagi Yojimbo and Berserk are my two absolute favourite comic book series.

Eolz

Well at least there's no dumb Onimusha/Souls/Gaf reference in the title...
Cool OT, waiting for the game to unlock now. Some really nice spoilers in other threads.

TrutaS

Is this game still as hard as the Beta? I love dark souls, but it's nowhere near as hard as that.. this one is way too much for me.

d00d3n

Yes to all three

Thanks!

Fuck, my backlog of current games that I should play is intense atm, but the overwhelming praise in reviews is difficult to overlook. I didn't expect the game to deliver like this (the safe bet was that it was going to be a Ninja Gaiden style niche product) and hadn't even pre-ordered, but I guess I have to cancel my replay of Twilight Princess HD to make place for this now.

AlanOC91

Tempted to purchase an upgraded PS4 PRO along with this tomorrow considering I've had a 4k TV for over a year now (primarily a PC player).

I currently only have a handful of PS4 games though.

- Bloodborne.
- Digimon - Both World and Cyber Sleuth.
- Final Fantasy XV.
- Dragon Quest Builders.
- Ratchet and Clank.

I'm really not going to buy too many PS4 games (heck the PS4 was a gift from my girlfriend), the next one would be FF12 remaster.

Would I be stupid buying a PRO?

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Tempted to purchase an upgraded PS4 PRO along with this tomorrow considering I've had a 4k TV for over a year now (primarily a PC player).

- Bloodborne.
- Final Fantasy XV.
- Dragon Quest Builders.
- Ratchet and Clank.

I'm really not going to buy too many PS4 games (heck the PS4 was a gift from my girlfriend), the next one would be FF12 remaster.

Do it. Since no real reason to buy the vanilla PS4 unless money is an issue. wait misread cause am an idiot. Ok yeah in your situation there is no real reason to upgrade since you already have a PS4 and not really planning on buying a lot of games. Am sure the GF would be a bit disappointed if you are "shelving" the unit she gave to you as a gift also. Unless you can come up with a good reason for having 2 lol. If you want that little bit of a performance boost and stuff like Ratchet & Clank looking fantastic on that 4k of yours then by all means get one. Though if that does not matter as much then you might as well save the $$$ for other games that might catch your eye later.

kuniyoshi_tanuki_51.jpg

Can't play the game until June because I'm on an exchange in Japan and when I come back I'll have a pre-ordered Collector's Edition of Persona 5 waiting for me and if I have gaming budget left I'll have to decide between Nioh and Nier Automata that will both have been released by then.

Sucks -.-

Deciding whether or not to buy Nioh or NierA first will be a pain, probably will decide for Nioh though.

Shari

- Bloodborne.
- Final Fantasy XV.
- Dragon Quest Builders.
- Ratchet and Clank.

Same situation here but I dont have a 4k TV. I bought a Pro because I sold my ps4 for 220€ and bought my Pro second hand for 300€, I wouldn't have dont it otherwise. Considering you have a 4k TV, I would go hands down.

Are you ok with games outputting 1080p on your current PS4 to your 4K screen? Didn't try it myself but I thought that would look ridiculously bad

AlanOC91

Same situation here but I dont have a 4k TV. I bought a Pro because I sold my ps4 for 220€ and bought my Pro second hand for 300€, I wouldn't have dont it otherwise. Considering you have a 4k TV, I would go hands down.

Are you ok with games outputting 1080p on your current PS4 to your 4K screen? Didn't try it myself but I thought that would look ridiculously bad

My current PS4 honestly looks pretty good on my 4k TV. Much of the 1080p content I try on it looks very solid. Doesn't compare to 4k though, at least on my PC.

RAWRferal

Fuck man I'm drowning in games here, barely have enough time to dedicate to Yakuza 0. Never mind the huge backlog I have as a new PS4 pro owner.

Really enjoyed the Beta, gotta work hard so I can pick this up soon. Enjoy boys and girls!

Shari

My current PS4 honestly looks pretty good on my 4k TV. Much of the 1080p content I try on it looks very solid. Doesn't compare to 4k though, at least on my PC.

Fair enough. Are you sensitive to resolution? As in, do you feel like a huge upgrade going from 1080p to 1440p, etc? Personally I find it, either on PS4 or PC, really not a big upgrade to my eyes, if you do find it a big step up yourself I'd say go for it.

Right now, most of the enhancements for the games are resolution related.

So yeah, if you sensitive to resolution OR you find a good deal then worth it to me, otherwise better wait.

Also, I do most of my PS4 gaming on the PC through remote play so going from 720p streaming to 1080p on the Pro has been really important to me (I've got a 2k, 144hz gsync screen so getting 720p output was REALLY crappy).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom