• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HENKaku -- Vita Homebrew and more comes to all 3.60 Vitas

i didn't mean hack for 3.65 Vita,i meant the ability to play 3.65 games on 3.60,but i know this will not happen also.
I knew what you meant, but this has been discussed at length on every forum thread on every forum about henkaku. You whining for it is not going to improve anything.

Taruranto

How's PS1 emulation on Adrenaline these days? It's almost time to replay Gears, and I'm not sure I should do it on Adrenaline or Retroarch.

Shaneus

It blows my mind that a two step emulation is faster than what retroarch can do.
Not necessarily, though. I can seem to get better emulation out of Retroarch for some titles, like Tempest X3 and even Wip3out. Shame upscaling is shit slow for PS1 in Retroarch, though.

So for anyone curious, it looks like most if not all new vitas coming out of Japan are now > 3.60. Got a glacier white that came with 3.61. Fortunately i just swapped the mobo cause i mostly wanted the matte finish, but good to know for anyone who's looking for their first 2k console.
It blows my mind that a two step emulation is faster than what retroarch can do.
I mean DS emulation on the PC is better by emulating inside an android emulator. Not terribly uncommon.

it's been safe to buy.

Just keep in mind the current units do not click in to place and are difficult to remove and have open contacts. If you want to wait, I'd wait for a unit with proper housing that clicks in to place.
This wasn't meant to be about whether it is common but it's a sign of quality in both the performance and speed of what Sony developed for the Vita and psp.
In both cases though psp is mips as psx was and drastic is what it is because both most Android devices and the DS are arm based.
Fair enough. POPs is pretty fantastic.

c0de

I mean DS emulation on the PC is better by emulating inside an android emulator. Not terribly uncommon.
This wasn't meant to be about whether it is common but it's a sign of quality in both the performance and speed of what Sony developed for the Vita and psp.
In both cases though psp is mips as psx was and drastic is what it is because both most Android devices and the DS are arm based.

it's been safe to buy.

Just keep in mind the current units do not click in to place and are difficult to remove and have open contacts. If you want to wait, I'd wait for a unit with proper housing that clicks in to place.

Is there any info out there on when a better made unit will be available ? Do we know if anyone is working on it yet ?

I'm really wanting to jump in on this, to finally get rid of the multiple Vita cards and have everything all in 1 place, on a single large sd card but I don't want to get one of these cheaper made ones if a better one is coming soon.

Chesskid1

Banned
Is there any info out there on when a better made unit will be available ? Do we know if anyone is working on it yet ?

I'm really wanting to jump in on this, to finally get rid of the multiple Vita cards and have everything all in 1 place, on a single large sd card but I don't want to get one of these cheaper made ones if a better one is coming soon.

https://www.reddit.com/r/vitahacks/comments/6ptmpq/vita_sd_enclosures/

yeah, shouldnt be too much longer

Very cool!

I knew waiting was a good idea

FtKrzhJ.png

Would like to see something of this build quality

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
What is this Henkaku Enso I'm hearing about? Can anyone explain this to me?

EDIT: Nevermind, Google'd

Yes, you have to replace the screen as well, but the vita is very nicely assembled and replacing any part is very easy.

So, I installed the new screen yesterday:

qCR4KGJ.jpg

So, no more scratches. Forgetting about the scratches, I swear the colors on this one look better than the old screen. It was a little stressful getting in there with all the small cables and whatnot, but after seeing the finished product, I'm pretty damn happy I did.

So, I installed the new screen yesterday:

qCR4KGJ.jpg

So, no more scratches. Forgetting about the scratches, I swear the colors on this one look better than the old screen. It was a little stressful getting in there with all the small cables and whatnot, but after seeing the finished product, I'm pretty damn happy I did.

Been thinking about replacing mine because the wear is starting to bug me. Did you find it pretty easy to take apart and swap?

Been thinking about replacing mine because the wear is starting to bug me. Did you find it pretty easy to take apart and swap?

I wouldn't call it easy, but if you have taken apart things like it before, it won't be hard, either. You'll just have to take it slow. Now that I've done it once, I could do it again real quick and easy.

I couldn't find any good YouTube videos walking me through it. I eventually settled on the tested dudes video the couple of times I got stuck on my own. It's a 3G model in their video, so mine was a bit different, and easier. Just take a good picture or two once you have the shell off so you know how things go back in.

Also, be aware that there is a screw behind the camera. I got stuck there not being able to figure out why the middle board wouldn't come out. The camera just pops out, and once it is gone, you'll find the screw.

Also, be sure to get an OLED screen off eBay. There are cheaper ones out there apparently. Search for an original OEM part, and their pictures will show where it says OLED on the ribbon cable.

ohlawd

dunno what happened but my Vita 2000 updated to 3.63 so that shit's fucked. luckily my 1000 is still on 3.60.

it did say it downloaded the latest update tho. I unchecked the auto start update thing, deleted my notifications, what else should I do to make sure this shit is out of my system?

The Dude

Can someone give me a hand, I have never modded any of my devices in 30 years of gaming... However I decided to mod my vita and here's what I have so far.

I got thr moleculershell installed, went in and hit start to enable unsafe homebrew... But that option isn't there.. So I'm assuming I need to download a home brew?

I thought henkaku was the home brew. But yea I'm just not sure at this point so hopefully someone can help me out.

Can someone give me a hand, I have never modded any of my devices in 30 years of gaming... However I decided to mod my vita and here's what I have so far.

I got thr moleculershell installed, went in and hit start to enable unsafe homebrew... But that option isn't there.. So I'm assuming I need to download a home brew?

I thought henkaku was the home brew. But yea I'm just not sure at this point so hopefully someone can help me out.
use molecularshell to install Vitashell (and any other .vpk homebrew program you'd like).

Dark Rider

dunno what happened but my Vita 2000 updated to 3.63 so that shit's fucked. luckily my 1000 is still on 3.60.

it did say it downloaded the latest update tho. I unchecked the auto start update thing, deleted my notifications, what else should I do to make sure this shit is out of my system?

Since you unchecked the auto start update you should be fine from now on. You shouldn't have left it unchecked.

Henkaku settings were moved to the official app, So in order to enable unsafe homebrew go to the official sittings app and run it,you should find henkaku sittings there where you can enable unsafe homebrew as well as spoofing your vita version to 6.35

I would recommend making sure you uncheck the option for auto downloading updates, you can find it in the sittings somewhere (not in henkaku sittings)

Uhhh, that's the Cobra Blackfin. Maybe the SD2VITA fits inside the case, but otherwise that's a different product, entirely for piracy.

I was using the picture as an example of the kind of quality I would like a gamecard SD adapter to have

Its literally stated in my quoted post

Anyone here set up an SD2Vita?

I tried to set it up last night and got a "The File is Corrupt" error. Was able to install the plug-in and all that but once I tried to open Molecular Shell, I got the error.

I was using the picture as an example of the kind of quality I would like a gamecard SD adapter to have

Its literally stated in my quoted post

My mistake, I thought I had seen that same black fin posted in the Reddit thread and you were just posting it here too for convenience.

Anyone here set up an SD2Vita?

I tried to set it up last night and got a "The File is Corrupt" error. Was able to install the plug-in and all that but once I tried to open Molecular Shell, I got the error.

Either reseat the sd2vita because it could be slightly misaligned pins when inserted, or transfer molecular shell into ur0:

Dark Rider

Not necessarily, though. I can seem to get better emulation out of Retroarch for some titles, like Tempest X3 and even Wip3out. Shame upscaling is shit slow for PS1 in Retroarch, though.

do you have a filter in adrenaline? that do cause a slow down in some titles.

Ok new issue.

I get all the way through everything. Insert the adapter and boot up, run Henkaku, activity light on the game cart starts flashing. Stuck on "Starting Taihen..." as it should be. Turn off screen, turn it back on...instead of front screen it still shows Starting Taihen...wait like 5 minutes, gets me back to home screen, open Vitashell / Molecular Shell and it opens but can't see ux0

Anyone had issues with the Vita TV USB mount in games?

I tried playing Dragon Quest Builders downloaded to that and it's complaining that I don't have a memory card inserted when trying to save system data.

Anyone had issues with the Vita TV USB mount in games?

I tried playing Dragon Quest Builders downloaded to that and it's complaining that I don't have a memory card inserted when trying to save system data.
apparently this breaks for a few reasons but i don't know much. I've seen similar reports before, though.

BroBot

Can't stop crying. It's a beautiful thing when you boot up your Vita to Henkaku, a 128 GB micro SD card and the Super Mario Odyssey theme.

Top Bottom