• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HENKaku -- Vita Homebrew and more comes to all 3.60 Vitas

Dark Rider

I can now confirm it does. The longest part was turning the PSP on and updating it to deactivate it lol. Another thing reusing my regular account made simpler is that I reused an older Vita memory card with old stuff on it, including PSP games, which made installing Adrenaline pretty easy.

And yeah, I should have remembered they increased that activation count when they launched TV.

Actually you don't need to use one of your own games to install adrenaline as long as your vita is activated, all you need to do is use the easyinstaller for adrenaline and it will provide you with a game to use as base so you don't need to sacrifice one of your games :)
Thank you for reporting back :)

and thank you to everyone else who helped find out how many vitas we could activate using the same ID

Young Magus

Can I still access PSN on 3.60?
Do all newer games required fw updates or can some be played on 3.60? Hopein Tokyo Xanadu US doesn't require an update (but common sense tells me othewise)

Maxinas

Can I still access PSN on 3.60?
Do all newer games required fw updates or can some be played on 3.60? Hopein Tokyo Xanadu US doesn't require an update (but common sense tells me othewise)

Pretty sure all newly released games requires 3.61 or more. Its possible someone could replace the english translation into the Japanese version, which can be played on 3.60.

Dark Rider

I have a really stupid question.

How do I sync a controller while using a USB stick?

I'm assuming you are talking about a pstv
you first sync the controller then disconnect the controller wire and then you can connect the usb stick and use it.

Joey Ravn

Banned
Does anyone know if we can replace a legit PSP game bubble with a modified eboot? I have FFT on the PSN, but I'd like to play the game with the slowdown fix patch. If I could load the game through a bubble and save the time required to go through Adrenaline, it would be much more convenient.

I tried using Easy Adrenaline Bubble Installer, or however it's called, and it didn't work :/

Z..

Question regarding cross saves... Do they still work with the cfw or are all PSN related functions impaired?

data

Question regarding cross saves... Do they still work with the cfw or are all PSN related functions impaired?

You can still log in to PSN with the spoof (last version is 3.65) so I imagine it works just like before.

SMD

I'm assuming you are talking about a pstv
you first sync the controller then disconnect the controller wire and then you can connect the usb stick and use it.

Yeah I did that then it ran out of charge and without thinking I plugged it into my laptop...

Anyway I just unplugged the USB and remounted it. I think I'll need a hub or to plug it into the Switch.

Gu4n

Does anyone know if we can replace a legit PSP game bubble with a modified eboot? I have FFT on the PSN, but I'd like to play the game with the slowdown fix patch. If I could load the game through a bubble and save the time required to go through Adrenaline, it would be much more convenient.

I tried using Easy Adrenaline Bubble Installer, or however it's called, and it didn't work :/
What worked for me is doing making the bubble manually or overwriting Adrenaline with FFT (if you need the XMB, you can exit the game).

I love how the piracy seems so rampant that when you're looking for ways to dump your saves along your physical games and have it all work together, the search results are buried under all the guys looking for saves for their pirated games and ways to cheat on these saves.

The most recent version of Save manager being glitched didn't really help either.

I love how the piracy seems so rampant that when you're looking for ways to dump your saves along your physical games and have it all work together, the search results are buried under all the guys looking for saves for their pirated games and ways to cheat on these saves.

The most recent version of Save manager being glitched didn't really help either.
Generally I find piracy communities are just as helpful for legitimate users as non-piracy communities. You get lots of people who barely speak english or are generally obnoxious, but it's pretty painless to just ask a question.

Generally I find piracy communities are just as helpful for legitimate users as non-piracy communities. You get lots of people who barely speak english or are generally obnoxious, but it's pretty painless to just ask a question.
Oh yeah, in the end these are often the places I get my answers, and it's been true forever.
It's a bit like Mos Eisley, between the violent morons and the shady types, you can find well articulated information.

I guess what's really missing (or what I couldn't find) is one of these over the counter, tutorial sites like wololo idiot-proofing the dumping process, and mentioning it's crucial to use a Save manager to carry your savedata across, and how to do so.

It's all fairly painless as long as you don't use the version of save manager you can find on the homebrew browser, and as long as you don't follow that guy's advice on a forum who says Gohan can do the same easily. Except Gohan is awful to use for this simple use case, as it is designed for cheats and is generally unintuitive.

(Yeah, I needed to vent and share my google journey lol)

Is remote play over Wi-Fi safe? I'm dying to play Persona 5, but I don't have a PS4 and I lent the game to a friend, who does have a PS4. I'm logged in on that PS4. Local remote play worked just fine with PS4 Relink.

Is remote play over Wi-Fi safe? I'm dying to play Persona 5, but I don't have a PS4 and I lent the game to a friend, who does have a PS4. I'm logged in on that PS4. Local remote play worked just fine with PS4 Relink.

Safe (for me). I have played over 40 hours of P5 on my Vita.

---

Quick question. Just bought Salt and Sanctuary, is there any way to bypass the Firmware requirement? I spoofed 3.65 using Henkaku but if I start the game, it just crashes.

Is it at all possible to put homebrew on a vita higher then 3.60? I'm on 3.63 on my PSTV and wanted to get homebrew on it.

Edit: Never mind seems to be a pretty solid no after looking it up.

sneas78

Banned
Okay, so when they say "SD card adapter," what exactly are we talking about? The bare PCB? The PCB with a microSD socket hanging off it? A finished cart with a plastic case that any idiot can put into a Vita without worrying about snapping stuff off? Because so far it seems like no one's gotten to that last stage yet.

EDIT: Watched the how-to video from the redditor making the cards. Looks like it's a PCB with a socket. So fully functional, no assembly required, but with exposed solder joints and stuff.

Dark Rider

for some reason retroarch is not showing the pspemu folder to me when I navigate the folders to choose what game I want to load. I know I can just use adrenaline for ps1 games but some of them show up as corrupted data in adrenaline so I used retroarch ps1 emulator for those.

so any idea why retroarch is not showing the pspemu folder?

note: I uninstalled retroarch and reinstalled (same version) it and the same problem persisted. So I uninstalled it and got the latest stable version 1.6.0 and installed that and still the same problem persisted, what I noticed though is that all my configurations were retained despite me changing to the latest stable version.

So the console doesn't need to be opened up at all?

The only thing I'm unclear about is how you'd remove the card from your Vita once it's in there--like, do you just press it down like a normal game cart, is the socket stable enough to stand up to that pressure, etc. But as far as I am aware, you don't need to open the Vita or modify it in any way to use this.

You might be thinking of Yifan Lu's previous hardware mod, which involved replacing the 3G modem in a 3G-equipped Vita with an SD card reader. That one, you do have to open the sucker up, and then once you put it back together you effectively lose access to the SD card until you crack the Vita open again. But this was designed to fit in the game cart slot of the Vita.

The site is down, traffic totally destroyed it. Follow Twitter for updates.

blado

I'm sitting at the checkout page waiting for the site to come back up so the purchase can go through to PayPal. I hope I'll be able to get one.

Looks like the guy put them on eBay and they sold out in less than a minute. Even if I had the funds for one, I couldn't make an account in time. Hopefully he does another batch now that he knows he can make money doing this.

Looks like the guy put them on eBay and they sold out in less than a minute. Even if I had the funds for one, I couldn't make an account in time. Hopefully he does another batch now that he knows he can make money doing this.

I think he probably will. Back when he had it on the password-protected store page, the password was "ImMaking500More."

B.K.

I managed to grab one from the eBay listing, can't wait to get rid of my 64gb memory card

Why get rid of it? Why not use both at the same time? People have modified the plugin that the adapter needs to run so that it's mounted as uma0, so you can use the micro SD adapter and the Vita memory card at the same time.

I want an adapter but I think I'm going to wait for a rev2 or 3 just so any early issues can be worked out and I can get a higher quality item.

Why get rid of it? Why not use both at the same time? People have modified the plugin that the adapter needs to run so that it's mounted as uma0, so you can use the micro SD adapter and the Vita memory card at the same time.

Money reasons, I can sell the 64gb Vita card for $80-90 and get a 128gb for $40

And I have the Vita slim, so I can use its 1gb internal memory for mounting the micro sd adapter

SMD

Yeah I did that then it ran out of charge and without thinking I plugged it into my laptop...

Anyway I just unplugged the USB and remounted it. I think I'll need a hub or to plug it into the Switch.

Okay my DS4 keeps desyncing from my Vita TV and it's doing my head in, Google isn't helping so does anyone know why this might happen?

Blastoise

Banned
Looking at the ebay listing, I finally understand what this adapter looks like. Pretty cool.

Gonna wait for one that comes in a proper enclosure.

Yeah, the current Game Slot to MicroSD card adapter's can be removed but it's not easy, they are pretty much bare and don't have the spring load mechanism, so you have to manually remove them and you're likely scratching both the slot and device in the process.

If you think you're going to want to be using game cards or switching out the MicroSD card a lot, you should probably wait for someone to come up with a better casing.

Though many DS flashcards never reached that point. Even the DSTWO which was late to the market doesn't slot in quiet right.

Bowl0l

Yeah, the current Game Slot to MicroSD card adapter's can be removed but it's not easy, they are pretty much bare and don't have the spring load mechanism, so you have to manually remove them and you're likely scratching both the slot and device in the process.

If you think you're going to want to be using game cards or switching out the MicroSD card a lot, you should probably wait for someone to come up with a better casing.

Though many DS flashcards never reached that point. Even the DSTWO which was late to the market doesn't slot in quiet right.
I have some Vita carts I am willing to sacrifice. Is it easy to assemble?

I have some Vita carts I am willing to sacrifice. Is it easy to assemble?

Its likely more complex than that, it will probably require a custom shell, since you need a slot to be able to change the SD card and likely need a thinner than normal shell casing since the adapter boards seem fatter to make room for the microSD but I haven't seen one yet. But I'd be interested to hear how it goes I'd you do try, if it works it'd be great.

Dark Rider

Okay my DS4 keeps desyncing from my Vita TV and it's doing my head in, Google isn't helping so does anyone know why this might happen?

Every time you unplug the pstv AC you will have to resync your DS controller again using the charging wire.

you mean that in this way is possible to use something like a fighting stick with Vita TV?

I never tried that but maybe you could. Could you try it and report back?
You can sync a DS controller first then try to sync the fighting stick.

anyone know anything about my problem?
for some reason retroarch is not showing the pspemu folder to me when I navigate the folders to choose what game I want to load. I know I can just use adrenaline for ps1 games but some of them show up as corrupted data in adrenaline so I used retroarch ps1 emulator for those.

so any idea why retroarch is not showing the pspemu folder?

note: I uninstalled retroarch and reinstalled (same version) it and the same problem persisted. So I uninstalled it and got the latest stable version 1.6.0 and installed that and still the same problem persisted, what I noticed though is that all my configurations were retained despite me changing to the latest stable version.

I never tried that but maybe you could. Could you try it and report back?
You can sync a DS controller first then try to sync the fighting stick.

I never tried cause I don't own a fighting stick, I was planning to buy one but when I searched info about compatibility with Vita TV all the answers were negative, so I gave up; playing Darius Burst with a stick would have been nice...

Dark Rider

I never tried cause I don't own a fighting stick, I was planning to buy one but when I searched info about compatibility with Vita TV all the answers were negative, so I gave up; playing Darius Burst with a stick would have been nice...

Ah it was too good to be true :(

Top Bottom