• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 Teaser [Update 2: First Screenshots - New Class?]

-PXG-

I say bring back Roland, Brick Lilith and Mordecai, plus the mohawk dude, the new girl and two other characters for a total of 8.

rukland

-PXG- said:
I say bring back Roland, Brick Lilith and Mordecai, plus the mohawk dude, the new girl and two other characters for a total of 8.

I can support this only if they make Brick work this time. Before anyone tells me how OP he was keep in mind melee was not something the game did well. And leveling Brick with out friends was stupid until you had built up a nice talent set.

Make the melee more robust and fix launchers and a Brick style class would work.

ShaneB

Looks awesome, loving the enviroments. Easy to see they've listened to complaints and this is going to be an incredible sequel.

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
Dizzy-4U said:
Pick up the loot when I walk over it, pretty please?
I wouldn't mind picking up guns, but ammo...let me auto pick it up.

I bought Borderlands for PS3 used during the Movie Gallery going out of business sale in 2010. I didn't get very far, killed Bone Head at the beginning and that was about it. I got very bored.

Fast forward to last week when I picked up Borderlands GotY edition for 360 for $10 new during a sale and man...I can't get enough. I play solo, but it's super fricken fun. Love it.

But being able to pick up ammo by just walking over it would be nice. Guns I don't mind picking up because sometimes I leave them on the ground if they're cheap crap. I run out of inventory slots all the time as it is with too many weapons picked up during a mission.

I'm very much looking forward to the sequel.

JambiBum

Some new screens. Features a new character named Maya. Siren class.

Here

I would have posted the screens themselves but the website won't let you just view them without downloading them and I'm on my phone.

Screenshots are probably touched up but otherwise legit...so, standard operating procedure.

I'm also more psyched about this than any of this year's games except Skyrim. I really like Borderlands, it's one of the very few games where I would consider my love of it irrational. I've beaten it like 4 times. Why would I do such a dumb thing? On top of that, I'm totally in support of all the directions they seem to be taking, and the new character classes look cool so far. Psyyyyyyched.

Fuck yeah. First was awesome, but had some flaws on PC. Give me:

A) Cloud Saves for Characters
B) Push to talk button
C) More variety in enemies

Get rid of gamespy shit too. I'm already on steam, I don't want to log into a second account. (I'm sure I've said nothing new in this post).

Damn, this game is looking gorgeous. Those first two shots in the opening? Goddamn. Look at that color.

Totally playing as the blue haired girl, too. It was all about Lilith in Borderlands 1.

L00P

Looks like the environments are more diverse this time, not just vast landfills

Smells like bullshots, though. Everything just look so smooth!

L00P

Izayoi said:
That's because they're more than likely PC screenshots, where everything will look that smooth.
I sure hope they build the game with PC in mind this time. Borderlands 1 on PC is still a jag-fest even if you forced anti-aliasing on

BurntPork

Banned
2qbb2uh.gif

It's beautiful! Will buy at a high price!

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
So Gunzerker's ability is to freak out and go double guns style with everything borderlands style that it entails including a new type of "elemental" damage that simply amplifies the damage of whatever you are using. Sounds like one of his skills makes it so as long as your holding down the trigger you progressively fire faster and faster?

Dual wielding belt felt m60 style acid and fire mini-guns?
Dual wielding pestilent defilers?
Dual wielding Jakobs unforgivens???!!

I cannot wait. Looks pretty.

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
Screens look amazing. Can't wait for a proper trailer. At least the teaser showed some type of game footage compared to most teasers that's just a logo and a flash of something.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Really loving the environmental changes. I like the character's design EXCEPT the legs, it's killing him for me.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
The graphics look great.

Makes me wonder what Next Gen games using this art-style would look like. Mind blowing if I had to guess.

Raziel

series seems to have lost a bit of its identity setting-wise. BL1 was a mad max stlye post-apoc/wasteland game, BL2 looks like avatar+halo? reminds me of when lost planet 2 went to the jungle. ill probably pass on this one, as i just thought BL1 was eh and played it mainly due to setting.

I know im probably in the minority here but I'd prefer a customizable character, still have the classes, but allow appearance customization

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
L00P said:
I sure hope they build the game with PC in mind this time. Borderlands 1 on PC is still a jag-fest even if you forced anti-aliasing on

The UI is also bloody broken. And some textures look as though they were lifted from the cutting room floor of the Half-Life expansions.

Raide

I would rather they drop specific classes and just let players custom make their own characters and then use the talent trees to spec into the various classes.

The first game was built around the 4 vault hunters, so just having another 4 new hunters seems a bit boring. Having them as NPC's for missions etc wil be cool. Maybe they can do something with game saves so they look like your old characters or something. :D

bengraven

I wasn't too happy with Salvador, but blue haired chick GET. She looks like a worthy successor to Lilith.

Siren4lyfe

rukland said:
I can support this only if they make Brick work this time. Before anyone tells me how OP he was keep in mind melee was not something the game did well. And leveling Brick with out friends was stupid until you had built up a nice talent set.

Make the melee more robust and fix launchers and a Brick style class would work.
Is it bad that I didn't really mind how useless he was and just thought that PUNCHING FIRE was the greatest thing ever?

bengraven

PIyKw.jpg

Wait. This guy shooting might not be another class. In the NowGamer preview we see him shooting at Salvador. It might be another enemy class.

Which may mean that the hero is INSIDE THE MECH.

Look at the placement of the enemies and the mech behind him grabbing a random character. It might mean that there are TWO players, inside mechs.

bengraven said:
Wait. This guy shooting might not be another class. In the NowGamer preview we see him shooting at Salvador. It might be another enemy class.

Look at the placement of the enemies and the mech behind him grabbing a random character. It might mean that there are TWO players, inside mechs.

Yes but more importantly, is that the Russian guy from the first game's head on the building?

bengraven

brucewaynegretzky said:
Yes but more importantly, is that the Russian guy from the first game's head on the building?

Yep, he was in another screen as well. Markos the arms dealer...on a statue of a mecha-Laughing-Buddha apparently.

bengraven

HA

Suddenly after a short firefight, a new enemy crashes out into the fray, dubbed the Nomad Torturer. Turns out his name’s not ironic: he’s wielding an imposing riot shield with a bandit midget chained to the front of it.

You can deal with this in a variety of ways: shoot the Torturer, shoot both the Torturer and the midget, or shoot the midget free, who will then attack his former captor. Sadly for all involved Salvador simply hosed them both, along with anything that was near it.

bengraven

D2M15 said:
BRING BACK MOXXI

I'm sure there will be another big-titted loliquinn.

Speaking of the ladies, I want Patricia Tannis back. I don't know why, but I liked her form of crazy just as much as Moxxi's.

All I needed to see was that first screenshot in the OP and I'm sold. I hope there will be less post apocalyptic scenery and more colorful alien locals with diversity. Day 1 for sure no matter what.

shutupandtakemymoney.jpg

bengraven said:

Dammit i want me midget shield wielding class

Top Bottom