• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Don't Use Imgur

scitek

Super Mario Galaxy 2

dolphin2012-02-2803-09hkph.png

dolphin2012-02-2803-26djey.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I took these yesterday, but forgot to post them. 1680x1050, 4x MSAA, high FXAA, and 8x AF; max everything else.

alanwake2012-02-2713-lxukg.jpg

alanwake2012-02-2713-24uyp.jpg

Blutonium

pcsx2-r46002012-02-26p6uu3.png

pcsx2-r46002012-02-264tuu0.png

Six years later and I still love this game to death. I'm using PCSX2 for emulation, and a 360 controller to play. Somehow my PS3 controller won't work anymore, gotta look into this. I've been dying to play MGS3 for the 4th time, and I NEED the pressure sensitive PS3 controller for the CQC.

Sadly I'm still bugged by either artifacting or a slow-ass framerate with PCSX2. Tweaking the options has proven to be quite limited.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Whenever folks post SOTC shots from an emulator they always look so washed out, like the contrast is completely out of whack or something.

Whenever folks post SOTC shots from an emulator they always look so washed out, like the contrast is completely out of whack or something.

Granted that the size colossus' looked fairly impressive back when the game was realeased, now however the game looks like complete shit.

Blutonium

Are you talking about washed out colors? That's not a problem for me since I up the monitor color saturation by 40%. Every game (and even web browsing) looks so much better with this.

Niiiiice. I always love your Skyrim screens man, they're amazing.
Before you were using the Cinematic lighting ENB, and that FXAA for sharpening right? What combo are you using now to get that look? I love the crispness.

Edit: Confidence man, confidence man...you are killing me. Gah! You two, these are perfect. The colors look natural and not too saturated, and dat DoF!
That cave shot looks great, so I assume nights are much darker and better? How are days? I hate the over-brightness that most ENB's bring.

Gotta have it.

Sethos

Banned
Kudos L0st Id3ntity. That is the first ENB setting I've looked at that hasn't given me an instant headache because of the blurred double-vision DoF and where the rest of the image is completely smeared too, covered in blur and way too much film grain. It looks like a more natural DoF and the foreground actually looks sharp.

Edit: Confidence man, confidence man...you are killing me. Gah! You two, these are perfect. The colors look natural and not too saturated, and dat DoF!
That cave shot looks great, so I assume nights are much darker and better? How are days? I hate the over-brightness that most ENB's bring.

Nights are dark. Days can be pretty bright, depending on where you are. Bethesda has different lighting profiles for different regions, even with the same weather type, which makes it a lot harder to balance overall. So a clear sunny day can be brighter in one region than another, same with cloudy days, nights, etc..

Performance is pretty good, considering. I've definitely noticed with the new Nvidia drivers. Here's some daytime:

1433f08c9fbc49bd13948d9cf3c69c4a4ae6ed9b.jpg

9cf3e254afc0c410567d2423013a2d75920dd1e8.jpg

EVEN even more Amular (last two now)

iKMSbmBUhFczG.jpg

iOpKL5RMHpdxl.jpg

Damn, after comparing this to the Skyrim shots above and considering how much I worshipped Skyrim for so long it makes me realise how bored I am with Skyrim and how boring and bland the world is. I am so much happier playing Amular and actually PLAYING it rather than spending all my time obsessing over itty bitty details to mod and change that just ended up fucking up the gaming more and making it crash and not work.

Amular kicks arse from scratch without needing to be 'fixed' and upgraded with mods.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Confidence Man, you EASILY have the most amazing Skyrim config. Holy shit.

We need a new thread with just your Skyrim screens. Haven't seen anyone do it better. Could you list every single mod you have and setting you've tweaked? I want my game to look like that.

Top Bottom