• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Don't Use Imgur

Well I just jumped in quickly (to compare the he intro to the hd collection) and then ended up loading up a few places just because I missed it. Now sure where the fuck the AA went, according to my nvidia control panel it should still be forced on but guess something went wrong somewhere.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Modern Warfare 2/8x SGSSAA/FOV fixed

i3YCcAFsIN9hm.png

ivpLboXXpVBwB.png

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Black Ops/Hud toggled off/FOV fixed

igL8SjmoS8Jqq.png

Man now that I figured out the simplest way to turn off the hud and fix the FOV in the recent MW's/BO I can't wait to replay them on my future 4k television in 3d at 120 fps.

Sethos

Banned
You got a HUD fix for MW3? Tried many of the ones listed for the other games but apparently they made some modifications to the engine rendering them useless. ( The config tweaks )

Damn!... I got to get back gaming again (busy last week!) because those Skyrim shots look like a totally different game... GORGEOUS!

I need to finish Dead Space 2 still =(

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
You got a HUD fix for MW3? Tried many of the ones listed for the other games but apparently they made some modifications to the engine rendering them useless. ( The config tweaks )

I spoke to soon about MW3 lol. I'm gonna conquer that bitch though.

Can you link to the FOV fix for MW2? I couldn't ever find one that worked a couple of weeks ago.
For Black Ops and Modern Warfare 2 I used this: bind KP_END "cg_fovscale 1.2" in the config.ini. A 20% increase over the default hFOV of 65 feels much better without the weapon models breaking or looking weird (at an hFOV of 85-90 that starts to happen with some guns).

scitek

For Black Ops and Modern Warfare 2 I used this: bind KP_END "cg_fovscale 1.2" in the config.ini. A 20% increase over the default hFOV of 65 feels much better without the weapon models breaking or looking weird (at an hFOV of 85-90 that starts to happen with some guns).

Thanks. Is there a way to turn off the crosshair? It's utterly useless.

Assassin's Creed II (8xEQ MSAA + Post-processing off)

assassinscreediigame.x5lef.png

assassinscreediigame.3sxsu.png

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Thanks. Is there a way to turn off the crosshair? It's utterly useless.

In the same area as the previous stuff I put:
bind J "cg_draw2d 1"
bind K "cg_draw2d 0"

These remove all hud elements, but unfortunately also prevent the sniper scopes from rendering. When using those, just hit J to re-enable it or whatever button you want.

Assassin's Creed II/8xSGSSAA/PP Off

ibrAu1eHcF2dLl.png

ibe8pKzs9wQqqM.png

scitek

Woah, why are those shots so blurry?

Trying out SSAA. No way to sharpen it like with Nvidia, and it kills my framerate anyway, so it's pointless. These are with 4xEQ MSAA and I get 60fps, so I'll just stick with that instead.

AC: Brotherhood

ib0E9h3GTm5bkO.png

iLvYgubLEgHTh.png

Speaking of, how's the performance in Revelations? I haven't bought it yet, but I know they redid a lot of character models and stuff, right?

scitek

Ok, this is a first, I think. I got MSAA and SSAA working with Dead Space 2 on an AMD card. I created a custom RadeonPro AA profile for The Darkness II and applied it and it works...but it runs like shit. And just like with nvidia, dynamic shadows don't work on Very High...

deadspace2.exe_2012-060xu3.png

If you turn them down to High, they do, but the framerate's still shit, and there's still a good amount of aliasing, like it's missing some stuff. (Banners, etc.)

deadspace2.exe_2012-0w1xpg.png

Still, it's cool the Darkness II profile worked. I'm gonna try it on some other games.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Black Ops/Hud toggled off/FOV fixed

igL8SjmoS8Jqq.png

Man now that I figured out the simplest way to turn off the hud and fix the FOV in the recent MW's/BO I can't wait to replay them on my future 4k television in 3d at 120 fps.
Can I have your current PC when you do that?

:?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I had planned on saving my second run through Portal 2 for the anniversary of its release, but I could no longer fight the urge.

portal22012-03-0617-1qc3p1.jpg

portal22012-03-0617-1q30mr.jpg

I'd almost forgotten how artistically stunning the game is.

Top Bottom