• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

4chan Rumor: No Assassin's Creed in 2016, 2017 in Egypt, Witcher inspired [Update]

Mendax

Hasn't AC been steadily moving forward through time since AC1? Would this be the first time it's gone backwards in the mainline series if it's pre-Victorian era?

black flag was set before 3 and came out a year later, and afterwards rogue was set between black flag and 3

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
If true (big if), it's probably a retooled Prince of Persia that leaked a few years back. The one that was supposed to be more Shadow of the Colossus like?

Arion

Hello

princeofpersiazero2.0.jpg

Frames/sec 13

Yep, AC confirmed.

Kinda sad. Wanted to see Moscow or Berlin, or Washington DC or Jacksonville. Shit was getting too real though. No one wants to get a trophy for liberating 20 Concentration camps.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
If true (big if), it's probably a retooled Prince of Persia that leaked a few years back. The one that was supposed to be more Shadow of the Colossus like?

Well, I mean, Assassin's Creed itself is a retooling of Prince of Persia: Assassins, so that'd be pretty straightforward.

Banned
I believe it will skip also. The series needs a break and a refresh. Witcher inspiration sounds good. No more boat shit please.

I should give my $10 off diapers coupon to 4chan though since they're usually full of shit.

jschreier

We had some mail-ins from juniors asking if it was okay to post rumors about the setting being in Egypt a few months back despite them not having publicly showable evidence.

I think I said yes, but I'm not sure there was a follow-up.
Ha. Well yeah, I've heard the same. Maybe another setting too.

I can't see the franchise surviving another half assed iteration coming out this year, so I hope they take a break. I'm playing Syndicate right now and I can barely stand the game anymore after 4 hours.

GlamFM

Banned
-longer dev cycle
-boat is back
-Egypt
-MADE BY THE BLACK FLAG TEAM
-something something Witcher

Sign me up.

Quentyn

Found the original 4chan thread. There are a few more posts from him where he answers questions.

Added a temporary trip

>>322506651
Ancient Egypt. They want the least amount of historical documentation to get freedom. The story is set before the Assassins and Templars even existed. This is basically a prequel to all ACs.

>>322506779
Think Black Flag. IE, not much to climb outside of villages.

lol that was a game being made between Prince of Persia and AC. It was cancelled and most of its tech was used in AC.

>>322509845
This one has a lot more story than any of the rest. Going back to Ancient Egypt means they can do whatever they want, without "historical accuracy" to hold them back.

>>322510162
>>322509539
Can't take that risk. Screencap my claim and wait for the glaring absence of AC in E3 2016.

>>322510154
I believe the next one is going to have a lot less recycling, which is nice.

>>322510204
>>322510261
You play as a slave or ex-slave. He looks a lot like Altair, but with a darker skin (like this guy >>322510112). He is not edgy, from my understanding. He's a nobody that barely speaks.

The biggest difference about this one is how colorful it looks. Like holy fuck, blue skies, lush vegetations and desert sequences where you get mirage and shit. Also you have a pet eagle you can control.

Forget Prince of Persia. It will never come back. The reason why AC exists at all is because PoP meant Ubi has to pay for license, since they don't own the IP. AC is Ubi's own IP, so merchandising and all that shit is theirs to keep. PoP is financially not worth it.

>>322511805
No, the world is made from scratch. No recycling. The only recycling is animation and even then, this one will change most of it. As far as recycling goes, this next one will have the least amount of it.

>>322512465
PC, PS4 and Xbone. Not sure if they'll ever port it to whatever Nintendo makes next.

>>322512478
They might do that and sell it when the AC movie is out in 2016

>>322512546
No one works on consoles anymore. Only programmers and technical directors have console devkits. The rest work on PC since the ports to consoles are so easy with the new gen.
The average pc is an i7 64gb ram and 670gtx
Depending on your needs, you may have a more powerful one.

>>322514554
When you put it like that, it sounds even better

>>322514608
It's not naval combat. It's just a means of navigation and some have interiors you can enter for quests.

>>322514645
illustrator/artist. I have no fucking clue what the movie is about, save for the fact that it's not related to the games at all. I think it happens in Spain or something. Don't quote me on i

>>322515398
I have no idea. A bit less, I think. The focus is more on adventure

>>322515638
There is an attachment to history, course. It's fucking AC, it's part of the design.

>>322515665
I might be wrong. The original game included Greece, which you can travel to. But it was cut from the game due to scale issues. So the naval side is now a mystery to me. There are talks about making a trilogy of this same character, so they might explore Greece/Rome next.

>>322517061
Funny you ask. I'm playing MGSV while replying to this thread. It's my favorite series but this game is so repetitive. I can't bring myself to finish it. I just switched to Bloodborne now.

>>322517143
Prototyping and creating art benchmarks

>>322517189
No idea

>>322517202
No, never.

>>322517339
Not sure about FC, but it's about 3 times Black Flag. Unlike BF, you don't have to load cities. Everything is seameless.

Thanks for the talk guys. See you all at E3 for those who screencapped this thread. I hope the movie does not turn out to be shit, but who am I kidding.

Also, happy new year.

https://arch.b4k.co/v/thread/322505836/

TM94

Sounds good but can't see them skipping a year.

Maybe they put out an Ezio remaster collection to tide people over I guess?

Kuldar

Heard about the no AC in 2016 rumor on a french forum few weeks ago, but it wasn't a reliable source (classical "I can't say how I know it but trust me").

Would be a good news if true.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
They specify progression, so maybe a refined RPG skill system.

I suspect they want to embrace some more trends from open world games in general.

When the game first came out it was a really fresh take on the concept of how GTA games were structured and turned into something very distinct.

These days it feels a bit old in a landscape filled with other open world games, so revamping the concept again while adapting ideas from other titles makes sense.

emag

A reset/reworking of the series might bring me back in. I swore off the series after AC3, and then again after Black Flag, and yet again after Unity (and so far I've stuck to that, at least).

Boooo! Give me Black Flag 2

That's what Rogue is.

icespide

Banned
would they really not have a game to go along with the movie? would a remaster collection suffice?

ps: I hate the boat shit

Nazo

I didn't think it was possible to be less interested than I previously was with Assassins Creed (if the rumor is true, which seems unlikely). "plays like The Witcher" does not vote confidence in me at all. Now if they said "is even half as well written as The Witcher" that would be a different story, I might actually give a shit. All it means it'll have a large open world with a bunch of random crap to do. I guess the one up side is the series can upgrade from its shit combat system to The Witcher's mediocre one. Having Egypt as a setting is pretty cool though, interested to see which era of Egypt's history they'll place it in.

Briarios

but ... it's Ubisoft, and they have a movie coming out based on the franchise. I'd really be stunned if they didn't capitalize on that to release some sort of game. That's kind of crazy ...

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I've lost track of the AC teams. Which teams made what games? It's not easily identifiable like the COD games.

They're not exactly distinct in the way CoD teams are. There's just some senior staff that works on a particular concept until the entire ubi-blob moves in for production.

Found the original 4chan thread. There a few more post from him where he answers questions.

https://arch.b4k.co/v/thread/322505836/

Why would the world be 3 times bigger than black flag, but have no navel combat? I don't understand. He prases it like the Nile will be a major part of the world, with cities set up on it like Black flag. Idk. Maybe the river is too narrow for ship combat, or the combat at the time is too primitive to be fun. Just seems weird.

Forget Prince of Persia. It will never come back. The reason why AC exists at all is because PoP meant Ubi has to pay for license, since they don't own the IP. AC is Ubi's own IP, so merchandising and all that shit is theirs to keep. PoP is financially not worth it.
Prince-of-Persia-Fan-Art-prince-of-persia-the-sands-of-time-37006081-500-210.gif

kewlmyc

I want to believe, but it's 4chan.

While leaks on 4chan do happen since it's harder other forums to trace the source, that reasoning is also why anyone can post bullshit.

Jb

It all sounds pretty neat but what makes this particular rumor more credible than the average 4chan nonsense?

Killyoh

I've lost track of the AC teams. Which teams made what games? It's not easily identifiable like the COD games.
Well it's still Montreal but it's a B-Team.
Though a LOT of studios around the world (Singapore, Montpellier...) helped developing parts of the game so it's quite difficult to give a precise answer.

Hmmm a potential trilogy with the same character again has me excited. Say what you want about the series on the whole, I've never felt as attached to a protagonist as I did to Ezio through his games. I hope this protagonist, if the rumours are true, is equally as likeable.

Black flag was the last AC game I played and I enjoyed it immenselty. missed 3 and unity with no intention of visiting those. I do have a slight interest in syndicate so may visit that title in preperation for this,again if the rumours are true.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Depends on the position. Ubi Montreal is a humongous studio, so it's better to go by the creative directors/writers/producers/narrative directors. Alex Amancio for instance was the creative director of ACR and ACU.

Sounds good outside of him saying the main character doesn't speak much, especially when combined with the idea that they might be hoping for this one to turn into a trilogy.

newjeruse

Beautiful. One of my 2016 predictions already coming true (potentially)...
-Ni-Oh finishes Top 5 in GAF GOTY voting.

-An important executive leaves Sony.

-NX tries to cram too many different ideas into one machine.

-Assassin's Creed doesn't get a sequel.

-VR is greeted with a muted response due to high price tag. PSVR releases in June and is packed with NMS.

-Rockstar announces its next game and it's a new franchise.

-Shenmue 3 enters development hell.

-Destiny 2 is year's highest selling game.

-Persona 5 is year's highest rated game.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=190765448&postcount=59

Top Bottom