• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

4chan Rumor: No Assassin's Creed in 2016, 2017 in Egypt, Witcher inspired [Update]

Elginer

I'm glad they are giving it some breathing room.

I hope they get it back up to AC Unity level of fidelity but better performance.

Syndicate was a big step down in lighting, effects, npc crowd sizes, etc.. I didn't really enjoy the gang aspect either. If they patched in the improvements in controls, stealth, parkour, etc.. into Unity it would by far be my most favorite AC game since AC2 Brotherhood.

Also drop the modern day stuff, no one cares about that anymore. They screwed the ending to Desmonds arc so hard then continued to beat the rotting corpse by continuing with characters from his story and his DNA.

I agree that Syndicate was a massive step down visually from Unity but overall I feel that as a video game (controls, story, combat, stealth) Syndicate was the much better game.

I'm hoping for them to actual try and bring back the modern day elements but not just shoe horned but with actual development. Syndicate and Unity were just terrible in that respect. There's a story there that Ubi originally fucked up but I'm hoping they can sort of kinda get it back on track and make it interesting once again. It's one of the things I loved the most about the original AC and ACII.

I'm really looking forward to this if it's true. I love the AC series but would love for them to step their game up and truly make it special again and I feel that the Black Flag team could possibly do it.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Like how this is sounding. Revamping the franchise, going back to the past in a main game finally, nice setting, more developing time, etc.

I imagine they finally got that people were getting fatigued with the franchise after Unity, which was reflected with Syndicate's initial sales.

Trying to find out more but there's definitely at least some truth to this.

Very interesting.

Considering how Syndicate has been received, I wouldn't be surprised if this is true.

By the by, Assassin's Creed Syndicate is fucking awesome. In my top #5 GotY list for 2015.

I honestly can't believe how good it is. It's like the first ever AC game to actually be legitimately good outside of the realm of Assassin's Creed games.

I don't get this praise for Syndicate. Unity despite all its flaws i could enjoy because of how alive and awesome it looked. Syndicate is just more of the same, except in bland.

Radec

Assassin's Creed is already coming in 2016

T3mKKxe.jpg

That's nothing compared to Indian AC

https://youtu.be/F1ZhcsJH3Co

jett

D-Member
A reboot of the franchise is what I have been asking for for years. I'm not sure I believe this news though, I find it hard to believe Ubisoft would let an entire fiscal year go by without AssCrud.

kevin1025

Banned
If true, I think this could work out incredibly well.

But my big question is, what will be Ubisoft's big fall game now? I'm leaning toward Watch Dogs 2.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
I agree that Syndicate was a massive step down visually from Unity but overall I feel that as a video game (controls, story, combat, stealth) Syndicate was the much better game.

I'm hoping for them to actual try and bring back the modern day elements but not just shoe horned but with actual development. Syndicate and Unity were just terrible in that respect. There's a story there that Ubi originally fucked up but I'm hoping they can sort of kinda get it back on track and make it interesting once again. It's one of the things I loved the most about the original AC and ACII.

I'm really looking forward to this if it's true. I love the AC series but would love for them to step their game up and truly make it special again and I feel that the Black Flag team could possibly do it.
Syndicate being a 2015 release was the reason why it didn't have playable MD. As ther writer put it
Jeffrey:We want to tell this story with this gameplay
Ubi:.....With the time we have we can tell the story.

Meanwhile in the comics..
56716f0e0f2ef.jpg

Dawg

The Black Flag team working on it seems weird to me. I figured they were working on a completely new IP with Ashraf Ismail as their director. He's been working on a secret project since AC IV was released.

It just feels weird to me he'd be working on a revamped AC... this is based on me thinking the need for a revamp (from ubi's perspective) would only have come after Unity. Could be wrong, but the criticism and lower sales surrounding that game must have (finally) woken up Ubisoft's eyes. But by that time Ismail was already working on his next game.

Then again, I could be mistaken. He never really shared any info about his secret project, but I always thought it would be something new. I figured it would be that rumored pirate game. For all I know, he was working on another pirate-y themed Assassin's Creed before Unity happened and then they decided his game should become a revamped Assassin's Creed.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
A reboot of the franchise is what I have been asking for for years. I'm not sure I believe this news though, I find it hard to believe Ubisoft would let an entire fiscal year go by without AssCrud.

I think the only way it's plausible is if Syndicate did so badly that they feel they lose way more releasing a game this year than they gain by taking a year off.

Watch Dogs is also available to try and fill the hole.

I agree that Syndicate was a massive step down visually from Unity but overall I feel that as a video game (controls,
story
, combat, stealth)

I'm still surprised this is a thing. I wasn't a huge fan of it, by at least Unity felt like they tried. Syndicate was a disjointed one note character mess.

GlamFM

Banned
I think the only way it's plausible is if Syndicate did so badly that they feel they lose way more releasing a game this year than they gain by taking a year off.

You think Watch Dogs 2 will be announced and released within (fiscal) 2016?

Unreliable source but I'll say if it's true, I like it. Ive been wanting one in Egypt since the first game.

Will buy used because Ubisoft.

TM94

You reckon Watch Dogs is able to launch this year?

I dunno, was thinking early 2017.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
You think Watch Dogs 2 will be announced and released within (fiscal) 2016?

You reckon Watch Dogs is able to launch this year?

I dunno, was thinking early 2017.
When a series isn't either a new IP or actively on fire, Ubisoft is generally pretty efficient at releasing games.

They also seem to be favoring shorter marketing cycles given when For Honor and Far Cry Primal were announced, and of course Assassin's Creed generally had less than one year from announcement to reveal.

Elginer

Syndicate being a 2015 release was the reason why it didn't have playable MD. As ther writer put it
Jeffrey:We want to tell this story with this gameplay
Ubi:.....With the time we have we can tell the story.

Meanwhile in the comics..
56716f0e0f2ef.jpg

Well, now I'm picking up the comics. Thanks!!!

So is there a reason that everyone is believing a rumor from 4chan? Doesn't gaf usually mock rumors from there?

Now if this turns out to be true I'll be all over it. More like the Witcher sounds awesome.

scitek

If this is the case, I have to think they're setting up to rotate bi-annually with Watch Dogs, and that the new WD will be at E3.

Jb

Would be shocked if there wasn't a game to go with the movie. Also lack of climbing and historical elements I don't like.

Yeah because PoP Forgotten Sands and the Avatar game did so well. These games haven't done good numbers for a while now.

Anth0ny

did last year's game sell like the shits?

I can see them alternating between a new watch dogs and ass creed every year.

jett

D-Member

There were rumors of an AC Collection too right? Maybe that's what Ubisoft will use to soften the blow.

But yeah who knows if Syndicate was a disappointment or not.

TM94

When a series isn't either a new IP or actively on fire, Ubisoft is generally pretty efficient at releasing games.

They also seem to be favoring shorter marketing cycles given when For Honor and Far Cry Primal were announced, and of course Assassin's Creed generally had less than one year from announcement to reveal.

I'd be down for it no doubt, but still somewhat surprising to hear.

Then again, like you say Ubi are very good at managing their talent.

"You play as a slave or ex-slave. He looks a lot like Altair, but with a darker skin (like this guy >>322510112). He is not edgy, from my understanding. He's a nobody that barely speaks.

The biggest difference about this one is how colorful it looks. Like holy fuck, blue skies, lush vegetations and desert sequences where you get mirage and shit."

Assassin's Creed V: The Phantom Pain?

Looks promising if true!

Quentyn

Forgot one post. The last part is his answer to why there is no AC in the Japan/China setting.

>>322508167
Not sure yet, it's still in the works. Not even close to Alpha yet.

>>322508265
None of that in the working place. Honestly, there is no fucking talk about SJW and other nonsense at work. The media blows this shit way out of proportion.

Oh by the way, online (COOP) is completely cut from the series for the time being. Not sure it will ever come back, to be honest.

>>322508419
Fuck if I know. Everyone wants it, but I have no idea why they don't do it. The people in charge seem to think the mechanics don't work in that setting. I kind of understand, though. You have to redesign the character and his/her controls from scratch. That means you cannot recycle animations and other systems. Every AC game is fucking expensive to make. So recycling is essential. Without it, other things will be sacrificed.

Jacknapes

Assassin's Creed needs a break to freshen up, however with 4Chan of all places sparking the rumour mill, i doubt it to be true. Ubisoft would be daft to not release a new game to tie in with the movie this year.

ViciousDS

Banned

ah.....so we will get every other year release probably now. They will switch between watch dogs and assassins creed.

No matter what people say, general consensus was watch dogs was a decent game and it sold pretty fricken good. The second Watch Dogs could be akin to that of AC2 in terms of gameplay and content.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Sounds good but please dont have the combat be like Witcher 3. It needs to be more like Bloodborne or DMC.

Ascenion

Assassin's Creed combat/gameplay has never been anything to write home about, but damned if Witcher like feel is the scariest thing I've heard so far this year. Hope it's true though. AC needs a break so severely and the mini revamps of Unity and Syndicate weren't good enough.

Top Bottom