• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 News Thread of BE ADVISED: Reviews On Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, people are going mad about this co-op thing. "Forced" - Wha?? What bizarre definition of the word 'force' are you lunatics using?

Nostalgia~4ever said:
Just bought a 570 gtx

I7 3.5 ghz
12 GB ddr3
570 gtx

Probably around 30 fps at ultra

I was lucky and found an MSI GTX 580 Lightning 3GB Xtreme Edition for the price of a standard edition today. There's barely any performance gain between the editions...but if it's free. :)

Luixfern

ChiefKief said:
I thought some labor day beta announcement would've been pretty sweet, but I guess dice doesn't care about America :/

You best take it back when they drop it on 9/11! (I hope they don't drop it on 9/11)

demolitio

Emily Chu said:
any bets on it coming out 9/11 ?

and premier a NYC map ?

a dedication ?
I think that'd be a backfire more than anything else as 9/11 is not something you'd associate playing a game for. I wouldn't mind if it dropped then but referencing 9/11 at all wouldn't go so well for them.

Speaking of which, do we expect the new WTC building to be up in the NYC level if it takes place after 2013? That'd be pretty neat to see it in the game but I imagine they'd avoid making it in ruins if it's in a level where NYC has been ravaged by war since today's political correctness era would cause people to throw a fit.

After the MOH debacle, EA isn't looking for any more bad press although I thought that controversy was stupid as hell.

mr_nothin

Banned
DTKT said:
I'm afraid I still don't get your point. :/
I'm just poking fun because you can only get the complete MP experience if you play CO-OP...since it is apart of the MP experience. So it's not really forcing you to play CO-OP to get the complete MP experience since it's apart of that. ;)
I know you meant competitive MP.

Just fun and games :p

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
demolitio said:
I think that'd be a backfire more than anything else as 9/11 is not something you'd associate playing a game for. I wouldn't mind if it dropped then but referencing 9/11 at all wouldn't go so well for them.

Speaking of which, do we expect the new WTC building to be up in the NYC level if it takes place after 2013? That'd be pretty neat to see it in the game but I imagine they'd avoid making it in ruins if it's in a level where NYC has been ravaged by war since today's political correctness era would cause people to throw a fit.

After the MOH debacle, EA isn't looking for any more bad press although I thought that controversy was stupid as hell.
The new WTC was in Crysis 2.

1-D_FTW

I actually hope they put some good unlocks in the co-op mode. Or are they saying you have to play it to be eligible to later unlock items in multi?

If it's unlocks in co-op, that's great. I hate grinding. Why I don't play MMOs. But if I could unlock 5 or 10 items for 5 or 10 hours of co-op, that would be great bang for the buck. Hopefully one of the unlocks is a scope. If so, I'll play co-op before anything else. Would make multi-player a lot less tedious for me.

LordCanti

Giriath_89 said:
I was lucky and found an MSI GTX 580 Lightning 3GB Xtreme Edition for the price of a standard edition today. There's barely any performance gain between the editions...but if it's free. :)

The performance gains come with increase OC'ing. It has better voltage regulation, and can go higher than a standard 580.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
SneakyStephan said:
Hadn't seen that last trailer.
Why are they trying to hard to make it cod, just give us a damn battlefield moments trailer , EA mongs.
The trailer is showing off guns.... so they are kinda stuck showing you gunplay.

It is weird that they still used Op Metro again though.

LordCanti said:
The performance gains come with increase OC'ing. It has better voltage regulation, and can go higher than a standard 580.

Of course, but I meant performance gains on the Lightning Xtreme Edition as compared to the standard edition Lightning, which is negligible.

gibon3z said:
Hope javelin missiles are not fixed to the map like we saw in that analysis.

Was hoping they were man portable like in mw2.
When asked if both Javelin fire modes (top and direct I believe) would be in the game, Alan Kertz gave a cryptic response:

Kinda... Both modes are there, more details forthcoming.
https://twitter.com/#!/Demize99/status/110092343864082432

Maybe one of the fire modes is for an infantry-carried Javelin, and one is for the fixed version?

gillFTR

gibon3z said:
Not if the missiles have a minimum arming distance and do not home in on tanks but instead terrain like the mw2 missiles did.

getting in a flying vehicle would be annoying...It was fine the way it was in bf2 Jets usually took care of jets and made for constant dogfights. with 32 players on the team and quite a bit of mounted javelins around the map including AA tanks.

I'm pretty sure the Javelin is gonna be portable since it's apart of the the engineer class of rocket launchers. I doubt there will be any stationary weapons in BF3 but I might be wrong.

cobragt4001 said:
I'm pretty sure the Javelin is gonna be portable since it's apart of the the engineer class of rocket launchers. I doubt there will be any stationary weapons in BF3 but I might be wrong.
Did you see the Caspian Border trailer? They have a stationary missile turret in it. :)

InfectedZero said:
Did you see the Caspian Border trailer? They have a stationary missile turret in it. :)
I'm going to have to look at it again. It could have been a vehicle attachment maybe.

Edit: I saw the trailer and yes you are right about the stationary rocket launcher.

gl0w

Giriath_89 said:
Well of course, you should have to actually arm the MCOM.

I totally agree.
Losing a round because one building goes down, is just not fair, and contradicts the meaning of the mcoms. (that should be armed in order to win the game) In BFBC2 it makes me angry when i see this happening, and i know that my team would win if the mcom is not inside of the building.

now... most importantly, DICE, give us the BETA release date! You are taking too long. :(

Seriously, a Dino Warfare DLC/horde mode release is a goldmine just WAITING to happen. Surprised no one had done anything like it for Left 4 Dead yet, honestly. Could be BF's equivalent of Zombie mode!

Kyaw

I agree about Dino mode.

Good thing MCOMs are not in destructible buildings anymore.
Also it is confirmed that the round will go on even if the attacker's tickets are gone and the last MCOM is armed, right?

Kyaw said:
Also it is confirmed that the round will go on even if the attacker's tickets are gone and the last MCOM is armed, right?

Yup, Demize confirmed that if it's armed, the round won't end until it blows or is disarmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom