• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Overwatch Event: Year of the Rooster (Lunar New Year) (Jan 24-Feb 13, CTF mode)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrueBlue

I will say it is a little off Tracer keeps getting seasonal treats. Aside from Halloween she's been a seasonal mainstay. Maybe come the next Summer Event that focus will lessen.

I wish there was an Overwatch character that was a realistically rendered, man-sized rooster that goes around pecking at people.

Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

26xBBi5IgnYzy3LO0.gif

Crossover.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I will say it is a little off Tracer keeps getting seasonal treats. Aside from Halloween she's been a seasonal mainstay. Maybe come the next Summer Event that focus will lessen.

Well she's like Overwatch's Unofficial-Official Mascot

So yeah

Reedirect

She's the poster child, let it happen. Take it as compensation for her being one of the weaker characters in the game overall.

Rodelero

So what thats like 5 or 6 legendaries? Really makes me mad that you cant get quicker EXP anymore.

The system they had previously was pretty unfair though. If you happened to be a low level during an event, you're golden, other wise you're screwed. You get lootboxes more frequently now, on average, than under the old system. It's just consistent.

jasonng

This event is bigger than I thought it would. I'm super stoked to dive in. I have 4k credit saved and I don't think that's enough for all the things I want.

GraveRobberX

This event is bigger than I thought it would. I'm super stoked to dive in. I have 4k credit saved and I don't think that's enough for all the things I want.

Best is to Grind out boxes

Get the 3 Weekly ones from Arcade for 9 wins
If somehow you get a 9 winning streak I'll be super impressed
Mostly a few losses, you might get 2 extra boxes while reaching 9 wins, so 5 boxes total, 6 if you've edged your xp bar close to next rank

Then the new mode most likely will give you 1 after you first win
They always give 1 box free for an event

So roughly 7-8 boxes on Day 1 + XP gained maybe 3-4 more perhaps

Don't spend credits until finally day!
People burn through their credits and then sulk cause you might get duped with same skin but earn back 1/5th amount

Earn as many through RNG possible from boxes, this way get lucky, dupes keep adding more credit towards your amount and then 1 day before event ends purchase what you're missing or want most
I'm closing in on 10,000 credits, so yeah, wait till finally day

If you spend 3000 on skin and 4 boxes later it shows up, your gonna feel real bad...

LiK

Best is to Grind out boxes

Get the 3 Weekly ones from Arcade for 9 wins
If somehow you get a 9 winning streak I'll be super impressed
Mostly a few losses, you might get 2 extra boxes while reaching 9 wins, so 5 boxes total, 6 if you've edged your xp bar close to next rank

Then the new mode most likely will give you 1 after you first win
They always give 1 box free for an event

So roughly 7-8 boxes on Day 1 + XP gained maybe 3-4 more perhaps

Don't spend credits until finally day!
People burn through their credits and then sulk cause you might get duped with same skin but earn back 1/5th amount

Earn as many through RNG possible from boxes, this way get lucky, dupes keep adding more credit towards your amount and then 1 day before event ends purchase what you're missing or want most
I'm closing in on 10,000 credits, so yeah, wait till finally day

If you spend 3000 on skin and 4 boxes later it shows up, your gonna feel real bad...

I'm just gonna buy 50 pack and then grind the rest I might be missing and then spend coins for the missing stuff. Always works out for me. My RNG for lootboxes these days are real bad. Dupes forever.

GraveRobberX

I'm just gonna buy 50 pack and then grind the rest I might be missing and then spend coins for the missing stuff. Always works out for me. My RNG for lootboxes these days are real bad. Dupes forever.

Yeah but that's spending $50...
More power to you

I try to get whatever I can from the event I like, if not, no biggie, there will be a new event again soon enough

Crazy some of ya'll want to collect them all, no point really when skins and sprays gets replaced so often

Didn't do much Halloween, but did Winter Wonderland, only had to pay 750CR for Reaper skin, I got Zen, Tracer, Pharah our of boxes, no money spent

LiK

Yeah but that's spending $50...
More power to you

I try to get whatever I can from the event I like, if not, no biggie, there will be a new event again soon enough

Crazy some of ya'll want to collect them all, no point really when skins and sprays gets replaced so often

Didn't do much Halloween, but did Winter Wonderland, only had to pay 750CR for Reaper skin, I got Zen, Tracer, Pharah our of boxes, no money spent

It's $40 for 50 boxes. And yea, I'm not into grinding at all. Besides, I don't play enough OW these days to grind. But i still want skins to change around when I play.

I spent money for the Bastion Blizzard skin. I wanna collect them all, lol

Sigh...I'm getting annoyed at just how much attention Mercy and Tracer get at these events. Meanwhile people like Widowmaker and the Shimada bros get nothing again.

Yes I know about the Oni skin.
Im pretty sure she's the legit official mascot.
Still, she sucks.

#TeamPharmercy

What the heck does Pharmercy have to do with your comment???

When you have to prestige when you hit 100? Cause if so I'll skip this event and save my early levels for the next event, not really feeling anything.

Cappa

Banned
When you have to prestige when you hit 100? Cause if so I'll skip this event and save my early levels for the next event, not really feeling anything.

It doesnt matter if you save it up or not they made it so after hitting level 101 it will still take you 20,000 points to reach level 102. They did it so that people didnt have a reason to stop playing when they hit level 100 and then just wait to prestige when the new event happened

Made several adjustments to the amount of experience needed to level
The amount of experience needed to reach levels 2 through 13 remains unchanged
The amount of experience needed to reach levels 14 through 100 has been slightly reduced
The amount of experience needed to reach levels after 100 is now constant (20,000 XP) and will no longer reset after each promotion

GraveRobberX

They changed that system

No more earning fast boxes from level 1-20
Now its 20,000xp every rank up, even if you prestige and roll back to 1, its still 20,000

No clue on people with new accounts, I'm guessing they get the benefit for first 20 levels, but once you prestige once, its always going to be 20,000xp to next rank

Edit: Beaten!, better info

Roadhog get a skin in every single event and of course in the end they refused to nerf the hook but kinda buffed him instead. favoritism is so obvious, disgusting.

Wait, so the dva nerf and roadhog "nerf" are not going to go live anymore?
Because the fucking destroyed dva in the ptr, so I will be glad if that nerf doesnt go near the real game.

Jessensor

Any idea on when the event goes live?

If the event has more regional relavence in the East, surely the event should have gone live comfortably within their 24th?

Cappa

Banned
Any idea on when the event goes live?

If the event has more regional relavence in the East, surely the event should have gone live comfortably within their 24th?
http://overwatch.metabomb.net/news/overwatch-year-of-the-rooster-event-start-time-estpstgmtcet-23-01-2017

Rodelero

Wait, so the dva nerf and roadhog "nerf" are not going to go live anymore?
Because the fucking destroyed dva in the ptr, so I will be glad if that nerf doesnt go near the real game.

Well, we don't know for sure, but it seems quite likely that all of it is going to live today.

Roadhog's hook will be fixed, D. Va. is being nerfed, as is Ana. Sombra is being buffed.

Well, we don't know for sure, but it seems quite likely that all of it is going to live today.

Roadhog's hook will be fixed, D. Va. is being nerfed, as is Ana. Sombra is being buffed.

Why the fuck do they have the ptr then. It baffles me.
Dva can be killed now easily by a widow, A FUCKING WIDOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom