• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Overwatch Event: Year of the Rooster (Lunar New Year) (Jan 24-Feb 13, CTF mode)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodelero

Why the fuck do they have the ptr then. It baffles me.
Dva can be killed now easily by a widow, A FUCKING WIDOW!

I haven't played on the PTR, but I find this a little hard to believe. The specific change they've made will make very little difference to D. Va's ability to withstand damage from snipers (or other slow-firing high-damage characters, like McCree). As for D. Va. losing to Widowmaker's machine gun? I can't really believe that either. If D. Va. is close enough (right in Widow's face), D. Va. will win comfortably.

What is changing with DVa? She's my main.

They're reducing the damage of her pellets (by 33%) but increasing the pellets per shot (by 37.5%), which will see her DPS slightly lowered, but the consistency of the DPS slightly increase. More importantly, they're swapping 200 of her armor into health (going from 400 armor/200 health to 200 armor/400 health). For what it's worth, I can't really see how these nerfs would make her worse than she used to be before her most recent buff.

Early levels no longer level up faster like before. They patched that a while ago.

It doesnt matter if you save it up or not they made it so after hitting level 101 it will still take you 20,000 points to reach level 102. They did it so that people didnt have a reason to stop playing when they hit level 100 and then just wait to prestige when the new event happened

They changed that system

No more earning fast boxes from level 1-20
Now its 20,000xp every rank up, even if you prestige and roll back to 1, its still 20,000

No clue on people with new accounts, I'm guessing they get the benefit for first 20 levels, but once you prestige once, its always going to be 20,000xp to next rank

Edit: Beaten!, better info

I don't disagree that she isn't awesome!

They changed it bro. I felt that pain. :(
Those son of a bitches, that's pathetic. The bring it in line with the higher of course. Oh well, I won't be back for the event regardless then.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Sigh...I'm getting annoyed at just how much attention Mercy and Tracer get at these events. Meanwhile people like Widowmaker and the Shimada bros get nothing again.

Yes I know about the Oni skin.

What the heck does Pharmercy have to do with your comment???
I was just jokin' man V__V
Sorry.

LiK

I saw the Widow spray and she's wearing a sexy Chinese cheongsam. That might be one of the most brutal teases if she doesn't get that skin in the game at all.

What is changing with DVa? She's my main.
the current PTR version of DVa is easily the worst tank and is never worth picking. Its a really bad nerf

Her health is swapped to be 400 health and 200 armor instead of the current 400 armor 200 health, and her damage is chagned from 3 damage with 8 pellets to 2 damage from 11 pellets (and 8% nerf if all pellets hit)

This sounds small in theory, but in practice its horrid. Her survivability is gone since field cant compete with Reinhardt shield, her damage loss coupled with health change means she loses 1v1 battles with roadhog and reinhardt now, and still continues to lose to zarya of course. Winston still harasses far better than her, especially since the new spread means piddling damage against small targets.

Rodelero

Those son of a bitches, that's pathetic. The bring it in line with the higher of course. Oh well, I won't be back for the event regardless then.

It's important to note that you gain more loot boxes in the new system than under the old system, as it's 20k per rank, not 22k.

the current PTR version of DVa is easily the worst tank and is never worth picking. Its a really bad nerf

That's disappointing since she's my main :( Hoping this doesn't make its way to the console version just yet, but seems like indications are that it will with today's update? Well at least CTF looks like it should be fun, and new skins look great so have to look on the bright side I guess.

TheFuzz

Her health is swapped to be 400 health and 200 armor instead of the current 400 armor 200 health, and her damage is chagned from 3 damage with 8 pellets to 2 damage from 11 pellets (and 8% nerf if all pellets hit)

This sounds small in theory, but in practice its horrid. Her survivability is gone since field cant compete with Reinhardt shield, her damage loss coupled with health change means she loses 1v1 battles with roadhog and reinhardt now, and still continues to lose to zarya of course. Winston still harasses far better than her, especially since the new spread means piddling damage against small targets.

This sucks

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.

She needed to be toned down

She could almost Dive in and take out 2-3 people before even losing her Meka
Then gets another 150 Health on top

This Humbles and Punishes D.Va from going Gung-Ho like crazy
Be on the front lines, don't overreach, simple
Before she could chase, now she has to pick her fights

cakely

I plan on doing whatever it takes to get that d.va skin before the event is over

$20 worth of loot boxes might get you the d.va skin outright, and if it doesn't you'll get enough coins to buy it anyway.

That's what I ended up doing to get the Mercy witch outfit. It's been my only Overwatch IAP so far.

Strakt

lol no hanzo or widow skin.. but another tracer / reind skin...

at least i can look forward to dva / ana nade gettin shit on this patch

And she could still Bomb an entire team for a nice clear! Offensively, she was monster. High movement, great damage, no reloading.

animation1q6uvo.gif
Bae.

$20 worth of loot boxes might get you the d.va skin outright, and if it doesn't you'll get enough coins to buy it anyway.

That's what I ended up doing to get the Mercy witch outfit. It's been my only Overwatch IAP so far.

Highly dependent on how much loot you already own and how many coins you have. I spent $20 during a previous event and not only didn't get anything particularly good (just a Reaper event legendary I'd already gotten before), but also didn't earn anywhere near enough coins IN ADDITION TO WHAT I ALREADY HAD to buy any legendaries.

I regret spending $20. I won't do it again.

Woetyler

These events just disappoint me. They usually only give love to the popular characters and leave everybody else in the dirt. I believe Mei, Mercy and Roadhog have gotten skins at every event. Meanwhile, characters like Genji get no skins aside from one that you have to unlock via a completely different game, and if you don't have a PC, then you're fucked. They gotta start giving love to all characters.

holysan

These events just disappoint me. They usually only give love to the popular characters and leave everybody else in the dirt. I believe Mei, Mercy and Roadhog have gotten skins at every event. Meanwhile, characters like Genji get no skins aside from one that you have to unlock via a completely different game, and if you don't have a PC, then you're fucked. They gotta start giving love to all characters.

If this were the case, Genji and Hanzo would have dozens of different skins by now.

This Humbles and Punishes D.Va from going Gung-Ho like crazy
Be on the front lines, don't overreach, simple
Before she could chase, now she has to pick her fights
she needed toned down definitely, but after testing on PTR its far too much. Theres no reason to run Dva with this nerf. Reinhardt + anyone else is a better tank combo.

LiK

The most people whining in the YouTube video comments I've seen are Genji players. I mean, didn't he just get the Oni skin? I'm confused.

BigDug13

Isn't she supposed to lose 1v1 battles vs the tanks that have no real maneuverability if she's facing them headon? She's supposed to put herself into positions that are advantageous to her, not tank all attackers to win 1v1's. she can fly every 6 seconds.

Strakt

she needed toned down definitely, but after testing on PTR its far too much. Theres no reason to run Dva with this nerf. Reinhardt + anyone else is a better tank combo.

she had 2 months to be a monster and let people climb from diamond to GM while using 0% of their brain; she deserves to be in the current state shes in

Apathy

a lot of people in here talking about the patch changes that don't talk in the OT. We're nice people over there, join us.

As far as the event goes, I am looking forward to the dump of all the skins/emotes/intros when the patch goes live

Isn't she supposed to lose 1v1 battles vs the tanks that have no real maneuverability if she's facing them headon? She's supposed to put herself into positions that are advantageous to her, not tank all attackers to win 1v1's. she can fly every 6 seconds.

You would be amazed how often people don't bother user all the parts of her kit in her OP form cause the armor and the non stop shooting was enough to kill. She'll be played closer to the group now by those that sill play her, be in and out of enemy lines and actually use defence matrix to make up for some of the lost armor so she isn't roasted in her mech

a lot of people in here talking about the patch changes that don't talk in the OT. We're nice people over there, join us.

As far as the event goes, I am looking forward to the dump of all the skins/emotes/intros when the patch goes live
i probably should..considering I pop into most random overwatch threads

The most people whining in the YouTube video comments I've seen are Genji players. I mean, didn't he just get the Oni skin? I'm confused.
Which is awesome if only it wasn't locked to playing matches in a computer game. Not all people have the game or computer to do so. I didn't but I found a way.

The fact is that on a ratio, characters like Genji, Widowmaker, and others still don't get as much stuff as Tracer and Mercy.

spootime

There's going to be a lot of people losing 500+ SR when the DVA and roadhog nerfs hit. Honestly most of the games I play this week will be decided by how many DVA / roadhog mains I'm unfortunate enough to have on my team

LiK

Man, I loved using D.va before buff so her nerf won't affect me much. She still has superior DM so whatevs.

I'm ok with the D.Va nerf. As long as the enemy team doesn't have a Symmetra, Zarya or Mei it isn't uncommon for me to pull 4 golds and have never died. I ranked in bronze for all the usual reasons, I'm awesome but my teammates suck and all that, but lower ranks simply don't know what to do against her. A lot of the D.Va players I run into aren't great either but I really shouldn't be getting away with this sort of stuff so consistently.

https://xboxrecord.us/gamer/RealAngryMonkey/clip/81b1e2be-5ecb-4fe1-a87c-864eec87386b

There's going to be a lot of people losing 500+ SR when the DVA and roadhog nerfs hit. Honestly most of the games I play this week will be decided by how many DVA / roadhog mains I'm unfortunate enough to have on my team
Ive been playing Dva and Ana a lot this season, but I'm not that worried since I can play a lot of characters. However I will miss playing Dva...shes fun

On the plus side, with less DVas and Bullshit hooks, I can play Pharah more

The new dva is more hit and run like Winston and I think that suits her, that's how I played her since launch and it works well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom