• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Overwatch Event: Year of the Rooster (Lunar New Year) (Jan 24-Feb 13, CTF mode)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man, it'll be interested to see how they balance that CTF mode, especially if you can choose any character for it. You must drop the flag if you use any movement ability, surely.

MrPanic

This shot looks really cool.
ioT8v8K.jpg
I must get my hands on Roadhog's and Zenyatta's skin.

Dunfisch

Could very well imagine most of the skins to be at legendary tier, so that's 3K coins per, so that's impossible to afford, so a few days back I got hit with the infinite map loading loop glitch so now I'm penalized in regards to EXP gain so now I can't gain loot boxes in a meaningful way because the game fucked me over for no reason.

Whee! Gonna be a fun time not getting anything at all.

Also wondering, given the nature of the event this might be more of a one-off for once? Unsure if Blizzard would offer the same cosmetics again next year. CNY in 2018 is also nearly 3 weeks later than this year.

squall23

I'm so glad I opted out of buying Winston's Yeti skin, because otherwise I wouldn't have the credits to buy Wukong just in case.

Kyonashi

How long do these events usually last? My PC is currently dead due to hard drive failure but I miss Overwatch and I really want that D.Va skin...

Where is the Hanzo love?

Get enough dickheads on there disliking him already and on the big Asian theme event no news on Genji or Hanzo...

Disappointed.

squall23

Where is the Hanzo love?

Get enough dickheads on there disliking him already and on the big Asian theme event no news on Genji or Hanzo...

Disappointed.
Because Chinese New Year isn't a big thing to Japanese people anymore. I mean, I'm sure there are some people that celebrate it, but not to the extent of other Asian regions. You can argue that characters such as Tracer or Mercy shouldn't have new skins either, but clearly Blizzard just wants to see Chinese dresses on their female characters.

Pooya

Roadhog get a skin in every single event and of course in the end they refused to nerf the hook but kinda buffed him instead. favoritism is so obvious, disgusting.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So if all Heroes are being used in CTF, holy shit you can really abuse certain Heroes

Bastion/Torb/Junkrat on Defense
Roadie to Hook
Pharah to really boost the flag to out of bound areas and bring it in by slowly hovering it
Tracer, Lucio, and S75 with speed
Rein with one Charge and right turn adjustment and caps it

So many ways this mode will have teams setup

What bums me out is that the community seems to be focused on skins and animations instead of maps and game modes. I appreciate times have changed, indeed Team Fortress 2 today is nothing like what it was in 2008. But I just miss the days where the cosmetics were a nice bonus rather than front and center.

Oasis just hasn't done anything for me like Goldrush or Badwater did. Hopefully CTF does.

Lemonte

So if all Heroes are being used in CTF, holy shit you can really abuse certain Heroes

Bastion/Torb/Junkrat on Defense
Roadie to Hook
Pharah to really boost the flag to out of bound areas and bring it in by slowly hovering it
Tracer, Lucio, and S75 with speed
Rein with one Charge and right turn adjustment and caps it

So many ways this mode will have teams setup

yeah there must be only selected heroes like in Junkenstein brawl during halloween.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom