• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Robot Duel Date Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
They're going to die
If I recall correctly they mentioned at one point that they're going to use modified weapons, so they're not going to actually try to destroy each other (sadly?).

Finaika

Rooting for murrica here, the usa will show japan its super robot sprit.

image.php

Makai

If I recall correctly they mentioned at one point that they're going to use modified weapons, so they're not going to actually try to destroy each other (sadly?).
Then how do they win? Metal crunching and piercing are good ways to die. Even tipping over is dangerous.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I'd love Boston Dynamics or one of the big robotics makers to get involved with this just to see what kind of crazy fucking mech suit they could come up with considering what they've already made.

Then how do they win? Metal crunching and piercing are good ways to die. Even tipping over is dangerous.

Points. They have guns that shoot paint and shit last time I saw videos on either of them.

I'd love Boston Dynamics or one of the big robotics makers to get involved with this just to see what kind of crazy fucking mech suit they could come up with considering what they've already made.

Points. They have guns that shoot paint and shit last time I saw videos on either of them.
I thought japan team only agree to fight if it's melee battle. So no guns

BY2K

Membero Americo
I fear it's just gonna end with either one or both robots falling over and not being able to get back up...

Crossposting from the other thread:

In the Reddit thread, an engineer from the megabot team gave an impromptu ama. The duel already happened about two weeks ago with little fanfare. The twitch steam will show the edited version of the fight because it took over three days.

PBalfredo

Do we know yet where the match will take place? It seems like whether or not it takes place off-road will be the deciding factor.

From watching Robot Combat League, the only season filmed, I imagine it will go down in a similar fashion to how those robots battled.

Still, I am beyond excited for this to go down.

Edit - people should watch clips of Robot Combat League to prep, I feel. It's janky, but there is some good stuff in there.

Alexlf

Super hyped, gonna grab a ton of snacks in preparation for tonight. Even if the action is a bit disappointing, seeing the feats of engineering won't be.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I'm gonna be laughing hard if one of the bots just falls over like 30 seconds into the fight and can't right itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom