• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox and Taco Bell team up to give fans Xbox One X starting 8/31

StarVigil

tenor.gif

KodaRuss

Well I tried a couple times on the PSVR with no luck but Ill give this a try. Not sure I would buy an Xbox One X if I didnt get one free anyway.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
The contest is secretly funded by Super Colon Cleanse, which you will need to take daily the rest of your life if you eat daily Taco Bell. Don't do it. Is $500 really worth pulverizing your colon???

Given the astronomical sodium levels of Taco Bell's food, Xbox X owners will literally be the saltiest gamers ever.

Do the TB employees typically snatch these up for themselves? I think I remember a podcast talking about this.

With contests like this, aren't their usually clauses in the official rules denoting that people employed by the company putting on the contest aren't eligible to win? Granted, it would still be pretty easy to just win and get the prize if you're an employee, since I doubt they're actually checking where you're employed, but it probably helps keep the majority of employees from playing (and also I imagine managers would be like fuck no don't do that)

I don't see how employees can game the system since winning isn't at all based on the code being a winning or losing code, it is based on when you enter the code.

Getting a code on the box just allows you to enter, the same as the free code they give out does. Winning is based on being the first person to submit the code after an arbitrary point in time somewhere in the 10 minute window.

I tried and failed with this contest for a PS4. My stomach definitely had more of a tolerance for this kind of food back then. I'd say that I'm back in for this but I don't think my body can handle it anymore. Best of luck to those who try!

Setmeni

This right here. How do they stop TB emloyees from taking a photo and rigging the shit.

I never seem to be able to get a code.

Same with me, for the PSVR one in Seattle my box had the code already used and I went to the store manager about it. We ended up trying 6 more boxes with the same results. They did give me a refund and he said he would try to discipline the employee responsible. So I put zero hope into these contests, however I do like steak quesarittos.

Shin

Banned
How much does that steak cost and how many would you have to eat/spend to hit $500?
Curious if anyone gonna spend that much to get a chance to be one of the first.

Come on Gamz you're a hard-core Xbox fan show us how it's done :p

gamz

How much does that steak cost and how many would you have to eat/spend to hit $500?
Curious if anyone gonna spend that much to get a chance to be one of the first.

Come on Gamz you're a hard-core Xbox fan show us how it's done :p

I'm down for 30...

Rizific

I'll try a few times. If I win I'll sell it for profit. No use for a 1x when I have a decent pc in the house.

yuoke

Banned
Ew, quesaritos are like the worst thing at taco bell by far.

Why can't it be for something good like the gordita crunch or crunchwrap surpreme?

Shin

Banned
I'll try a few times. If I win I'll sell it for profit.
Thats why I asked how much the steak cost because some fanatic just might drop 2k on ebay for one.
Would definitely sell it if I won and buy it back 2 months later when it's officially released.. profit.

Nimby

Banned
Ew, quesaritos are like the worst thing at taco bell by far.

Why can't it be for something good like the gordita crunch or crunchwrap surpreme?

How can you not like a quesarito?

Like what about that is actually repulsive to someone?

Print_Dog

I went to taco bell tonight. And I was feeling fine beforehand. I had diarrhea before I finished my food. True story. I think I'm officially done with the bell..

I don't need a X that bad.

RedAssedApe

Banned
i must eat too much junk food because i never get this supposed ass pounding i'm supposed to when i eat at taco bell lol

Never tried Taco Bell, not sure if we even have 'em here in the UK?

What exactly is a 'Steak Quesarito'?

The UK has Taco Bell (http://www.tacobelluk.co.uk/). Here are Taco Bell's UK locations:

Thurrock – Lakeside Shopping Centre
Basildon – Eastgate Shopping Centre
Chelmsford – Moulsham Street
Manchester – Arndale Centre
Sheffield – Ecclesall Road
Sheffield – Devonshire Street
Barnsley – Peel Street
Bradford – The Broadway Centre
Nottingham – Angel Row
Cleethorpes – Meridian Point Retail Park
Colchester – Head Street
Rotherham – Manvers Way
Southampton – Hanover Buildings
Rotherham – Fitzwilliam Road
Poole – High Street
Chichester – Chichester Gate Leisure Park
Leeds – St John’s Centre

FyreWulff

Remember that you can usually text them a free code once per day. Don't need to buy anything.

Thanks US contest laws.

Nista

I wish they still had Enchiritos, then I'd have more motivation to win one. I feel like our Day 1 Launch XBONE is having problems recently.

Top Bottom