• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox and Taco Bell team up to give fans Xbox One X starting 8/31

VexyWexy

I buy more $5 Box things than I'd care to admit, and maybe 1/10 of the time do I actually get the box {where the codes are during contests} and not just my food in a regular Taco Bell bag.

15 minutes after Taco Bell and Pepsi Fire

tenor.gif

I'll think about it if they lemme sub in chicken instead of their nasty ass steak.

I did win a copy of BF3 from Jack one time so it can happen lmao.

During the ps4 contest I would put the burritos from the box in the dorm freezer and hide them around campus. I might try once but throw out the food :(

MrFortyFive

I try every time they give away consoles like this. I've never won. It's basically the only time I eat at Taco Bell. One of the best things I learned over the years is to have them replace any sour cream that comes on the food with guacamole. If they even bother to upcharge you for it, it's usually only $.25. Or at least it was last time I ate there ~2 years ago. Makes the food much better.

We gots no taco bell here :/

Sounds like you need to run for the border.

I buy more $5 Box things than I'd care to admit, and maybe 1/10 of the time do I actually get the box {where the codes are during contests} and not just my food in a regular Taco Bell bag.

It's infuriating how often that happens. I get it, those boxes are annoying for both the customer and the employee but when the promotion is tied to the boxes USE THE DAMN BOXES. I hate having to ask for the box. Another thing I hate about the box is that there's generally at least one thing in these boxes that I'm not a fan of so I'm not looking forward to seeing what's in this box.

Friendship ended with SONY. Now MICROSOFT is my best friend.
My phone just autocorrected Quesarrito as "questionable." Autocorrect accurate for once.

Just read the official rules and found all the ways you can enter without a purchase. I honestly might log the time to write in some postcards just for a chance at winning. $5-$10 in postage for 31 entries doesn't seem too bad at all.

mas8705

At this point, you can accuse anyone for betraying Sony for Microsoft, even if it was for a limited time.

One example: Arc System Works could have showcased Dragon Ball FighterZ at Sony's Press Conference, but decided to show it off at Microsoft's conference instead. BETRAYAL!

Don't think my chances are good to win (they never are) but I do like my burritos at Taco Bell.

Just read the official rules and found all the ways you can enter without a purchase. I honestly might log the time to write in some postcards just for a chance at winning. $5-$10 in postage for 31 entries doesn't seem too bad at all.

Did you end up doing this? I read the rules as well and am considering doing this for my fiancé and myself. I'll request 22 for each of us and go the online route from September 21st through October 4th since you can only use one code a day.

I'm wondering how strict they are with the 3.5" x 5" postcard requirement. I've only been able to find 3" x 5" and 4" x 6", and it's my understanding it has to be at least 3.5" for USPS to accept it. I'm thinking a 3.5" x 5" or 4" x 6" blank index card could be mailed with postcard postage, but again I'm worried about their requirements.

RedStep

Didn't MS criticize Sony for the Taco Bell crossover or was it something else?

Considering MS has had Taco Bell giveaway promotions since the launch of the 360 (maybe earlier?), no, that is not accurate. So close though, you almost got a point.

Kas

Another giveaway and another year I can't play.

Good luck to all who play, and try the new pop rock freeze if you can.

So can anyone offer insight as to my above concerns re the postcard requirements? I'm sure the rules are similar to those when they were giving away PS4s.

Did you end up doing this? I read the rules as well and am considering doing this for my fiancé and myself. I'll request 22 for each of us and go the online route from September 21st through October 4th since you can only use one code a day.

I'm wondering how strict they are with the 3.5" x 5" postcard requirement. I've only been able to find 3" x 5" and 4" x 6", and it's my understanding it has to be at least 3.5" for USPS to accept it. I'm thinking a 3.5" x 5" or 4" x 6" blank index card could be mailed with postcard postage, but again I'm worried about their requirements.

Didn't do it yet, but I'm thinking about doing so! Looks like the 3.5" x 5" is moreso about Post Office requirements as they won't accept anything smaller. Amazon has this pack of 50 4" x 6" cards for pretty cheap! Definitely don't go smaller as the Post Office is going to be picky as hell for no real reason.

I know I'll at least do the online option.

spock

So can anyone offer insight as to my above concerns re the postcard requirements? I'm sure the rules are similar to those when they were giving away PS4s.

Its only like an extra 6 cents on top of the postage per card if you buy the pre stamped cards from usps.

Didn't do it yet, but I'm thinking about doing so! Looks like the 3.5" x 5" is moreso about Post Office requirements as they won't accept anything smaller. Amazon has this pack of 50 4" x 6" cards for pretty cheap! Definitely don't go smaller as the Post Office is going to be picky as hell for no real reason.

I know I'll at least do the online option.

Yeah, I saw those. Only problem is the sweepstakes starts the 31st so I'm trying to mail them out today.

Edit: Think I'm going to get blank 4 x 6 index cards. Looks like they're mailable per a quick Google search.

Bsigg12

Yeah, I saw those. Only problem is the sweepstakes starts the 31st so I'm trying to mail them out today.

Edit: Think I'm going to get blank 4 x 6 index cards. Looks like they're mailable per a quick Google search.

I sent 31 4x5.5 cards last week. Currently waiting on my codes to be emailed.

I sent 31 4x5.5 cards last week. Currently waiting on my codes to be emailed.

Damn. I wonder if I'll even get them in time then. Online codes start September 21 so the max I'll need are 22. If you've been waiting that long though then I imagine I'm SoL, at least for the first week or so. Not sure my stomach can handle that much Taco Hell.

Edit: Just got back to the office and the index cards I got are way too flimsy to pass as a postcard. Think I may just try a few times prior to the 21st, then use the online codes since you can only use one a day.

starts tomorrow. make sure you ask before you buy the $5 box if they got the xbox promo. sometimes they put up the promo on the window to alert you they do have the box. but still. ask.

Damn. I wonder if I'll even get them in time then. Online codes start September 21 so the max I'll need are 22. If you've been waiting that long though then I imagine I'm SoL, at least for the first week or so. Not sure my stomach can handle that much Taco Hell.

Edit: Just got back to the office and the index cards I got are way too flimsy to pass as a postcard. Think I may just try a few times prior to the 21st, then use the online codes since you can only use one a day.

Looks like the USPS website has a pack of 10 pre-paid postcards for like $4. I thought about doing this, but I realized I don't want to invest money in potentially winning. Even if its a small amount, I'd rather put it towards just buying one.

Edit: The rules for the codes you get via email seem strange. The "online code method" says you can only use it once per entrant per day. The code via mail in request doesn't list any daily limitations.

Top Bottom