• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox and Taco Bell team up to give fans Xbox One X starting 8/31

Ron Mexico

Only:

A. Prizes (5,040): Each winner will receive an Xbox One X Bundle, which includes the following items: one (1) Xbox One X Console, one (1) Forza Motorsport 7 game, and one (1) three (3)-month subscription to Xbox Game Pass. The ARV of each prize is $589. The total number of prizes awarded in the Game will not exceed five thousand forty (5,040). Limit one (1) prize per person/household.

Hmm, the odds aren't as good as I thought.

Did some quick math and I think they're still on the every 15 minute plan. I haven't had my coffee yet, but I came out to 52.5 days at 1 per 15 minutes around the clock.

Pantz

I'm not sure how well it's enforced, but the rules are pretty clear that an employee of TB can't win....

Just don't give them your money until they tell you they have the box.

They tried it on me twice in past contests, where they didn't include the box at the drive-through. Just waited for them to come back to the window and said I wanted the box. Damn shady teenagers.

You can't replace things in a box, right?

Their standard tacos are bullshit. Let me spend way to get actual good food ("good" being relative).

creatchee

TACO BELL BETRAYED SONY

Taco Bell just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about fast food culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in fine dining where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in the fast food industry, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the fast food consuming public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to eat chalupas or gorditas at Taco Bell, nor will they purchase food at any of Yum!'s restaurants. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Taco Bell has alienated an entire market with this move.

Taco Bell, publicly apologize and cancel the Xbox One X promotion or you can kiss your business goodbye.

LowSignal

I don't know how much the rest of you know about fast food culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in fine dining where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in the fast food industry, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the fast food consuming public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to eat chalupas or gorditas at Taco Bell, nor will they purchase food at any of Yum!'s restaurants. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Taco Bell has alienated an entire market with this move.

Taco Bell, publicly apologize and cancel the Xbox One X promotion or you can kiss your business goodbye.

lol

DNAbro

I hope my Taco Bell actually has correct boxes. My fav was when they had the signs up for the promotions for VR and had 0 boxes.

Rootbeer

Banned
I hope my Taco Bell actually has correct boxes. My fav was when they had the signs up for the promotions for VR and had 0 boxes.

Yeah lots of people in this thread have already expressed concern or past experiences of the same issue.

Easy. Just make sure they have the boxes before you buy. If they don't, walk out. You can get better food elsewhere anyway :p

Sometimes you can see a big stack of them near the prep area so you might not have to ask.

Box or no buy!

belvedere

Junior Butler
Anything you'd recommend? Never been to a Taco Bell, I'd like to try something new today.

I rarely go to Taco Bell but for promotions like these. I've only tried:

Gordita crunch with chicken (was good!)
Steak chalupa (why did they kill off baja sauce?!)
Chicken and steak quesadilla (both good)

I think they charge extra for substituting chicken.

DNAbro

Yeah lots of people in this thread have already expressed concern or past experiences of the same issue.

Easy. Just make sure they have the boxes before you buy. If they don't, walk out. You can get better food elsewhere anyway :p

Sometimes you can see a big stack of them near the prep area so you might not have to ask.

Box or no buy!

But I buy Taco Bell regardless of promotions.

Instro

One attempt was enough during the PS4 promotion. Not that I mind Taco Bell in small amounts, but those boxes are too much garbage in one sitting.

I rarely go to Taco Bell but for promotions like these. I've only tried:

Gordita crunch with chicken (was good!)
Steak chalupa (why did they kill off baja sauce?!)
Chicken and steak quesadilla (both good)

I think they charge extra for substituting chicken.

A little extra charge won't hurt, thanks for the recommendations!

Here's to hoping my colon doesn't fail.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
I'm going to win not 1 but 3 X1s and flip them for mad profit or give them away for free to needing gaf members.

Wait?? What??

Why is this a bad thing for Taco Bell? Hope all the above said is meant to be sarcastic.

TalonJH

All these Taco Bell gaming promotions make me wish I ate something at Taco Bell. I'm just too picky of an eater and there's nothing there for me.

Wait?? What??

Why is this a bad thing for Taco Bell? Hope all the above said is meant to be sarcastic.

It's an old Gaf meme.

You just replace the names from the original serious post:

Square just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase FFXIII for either system, nor will they purchase any of Square's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Square has alienated an entire market with this move.

Square, publicly apologize and cancel FFXIII for 360 or you can kiss your business goodbye.

i swear. i need need to win.

add to the collection of stuff won

Vita
Ps4
PSVR

only if nintendo actually did this sort of contest i would have been set.

Is there a strategy to entering the codes? Like is it a better chance of winning to enter them late at night or early morning - when fewer people are also entering them?

RawNuts

I just had Taco Bell for lunch because of this.

...then I grabbed two boxes out of the garbage that I saw people throw away and photographed the code for later.
Look what you've made me stoop to, Taco Bell.

maybe i should try to text the code when there arent many people awake? would that better my chances?? LIKE AT 6AM MST?
Seems like a good plan, or at least enter when their breakfast menu is being served since no one can buy the box at that time and most people probably text the code as soon as they get it.

NateDrake

I won a Gold PS4 and a PSVR without buying anything from Taco Bell and just using the free code. Guess I'll try for an Xbox One X this year.

ChrisD

I won a Gold PS4 and a PSVR without buying anything from Taco Bell and just using the free code. Guess I'll try for an Xbox One X this year.

I've won nothing from Taco Bell but I'll be there for nightly attempts with the free code anyways, lol.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Isn't there some strategy to this or am I crazy. I remember something like waiting to use codes for certain times of the day?

Edit. Didn't see someone posted the exact question a few posts up 😂

I just had Taco Bell for lunch because of this.

...then I grabbed two boxes out of the garbage that I saw people throw away and photographed the code for later.
Look what you've made me stoop to, Taco Bell.

Seems like a good plan, or at least enter when their breakfast menu is being served since no one can buy the box at that time and most people probably text the code as soon as they get it.

Right right. I'll try and resist the urge to use my CODE as soon as i get it. I wake up early for work so i just need to remember to send that code. heh.. i really want to win! im gonna get an x1 eventually, but if i can save that money..shoooooooooot lol

The_Spaniard

Netmarble
Every time.

What the hell kind of weak ass stomachs do you people have? Go see a doctor.

Chipotlaway.jpg

I wonder if everyone trying a "strategy" could backfire if everyone is doing it? I mean.. like 2AM pacific on a Tuesday seems like it'd be pretty dead across the country.

I think its one entry per day, but I don't know if that is per email or if they register any other stats. My wife "loves" taco bell and "loves" trying to win me an Xbox One X...

I wonder if everyone trying a "strategy" could backfire if everyone is doing it? I mean.. like 2AM pacific on a Tuesday seems like it'd be pretty dead across the country.

I think its one entry per day, but I don't know if that is per email or if they register any other stats. My wife "loves" taco bell and "loves" trying to win me an Xbox One X...

Well you have to text the code so I think it's just one entry per day per phone number.

I just got one for my fiancé and one for myself. Going to use the codes sometime between 4-9 AM tomorrow. I swapped the steak for chicken at no cost and it's really pretty good, surprisingly. Not sure I could eat it every day though so hopefully my codes will come in soon.

RawNuts

Just to let people know, you'll get a code with any box meal, it doesn't have to be the Quesarito. My Taco Bell still serves the $5 cravings deal box and also a double chalupa box.

Just to let people know, you'll get a code with any box meal, it doesn't have to be the Quesarito. My Taco Bell still serves the $5 cravings deal box and also a double chalupa box.

True, and you can ask for Codes a free way by doing an online form i read a little bit about in the rules.

oh shit, just tried to go to tacobell.com/xbox and i got a 404 error! UHOHHH lol ( i was going to pull up the rules and read it again) lol

Steiner

Banned
True, and you can ask for Codes a free way by doing an online form i read a little bit about in the rules.

oh shit, just tried to go to tacobell.com/xbox and i got a 404 error! UHOHHH lol ( i was going to pull up the rules and read it again) lol

Literally just did the same thing. Should we be worried?

sonto340

You can't replace things in a box, right?

Their standard tacos are bullshit. Let me spend way to get actual good food ("good" being relative).
You totally can through the app. Unfortunately only with things of the same category.
I just ordered one of these woth a beef instead of a steak and two firey dorito tacos replacing the other two tacos. Also made the drink a large for only 10 cents more.

Didn't win ;_;

THIS TIME! RETURN TOMORROW!

You can enter the codes online, so you don't have to text.

I swapped the crunchy taco for a soft taco. Definitely will try the chicken instead of steak next time. It was very.. queso-y.

Otherwise it was fine.

jaypah

i swear. i need need to win.

add to the collection of stuff won

Vita
Ps4
PSVR

only if nintendo actually did this sort of contest i would have been set.

Nintendo had one through Burger King for Wii U. Wife won one and we brought it to Wal-Mart for store credit (we had already bought a launch Wii U).

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
You could always just wake up long enough to enter the code and go right back to bed. Wouldn't take that long, I'd think. That's what I'd do if I could.

Once I'm up, Im up lol.

I saw somebody said you enter the code online? I don't see it.

Depends is there really going to be that many people waking up at 2-4am just to enter a cide then going back to bed?

Top Bottom