• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox and Taco Bell team up to give fans Xbox One X starting 8/31

i swear. i need need to win.

add to the collection of stuff won

Vita
Ps4
PSVR

only if nintendo actually did this sort of contest i would have been set.

Ugh I'll probably buy a box a day... why must I be this way! Lol

The wife's buying us each one on her way from work :D

2am eastern and 2:15 eastern those codes shall be sent!

Thinking about trying to set up a Python script to submit a code for me at like 4 AM CT, but not sure how well protected the submission page is (captcha, etc.).

I won a copy of Overwatch + Soldier 76 headset last year by submitting a box code around 8:30 PM CT. Got extremely lucky on that.

I have no hope of getting an Xbox One X unless it's a prize, so I'm gonna try hard for this.

Ugh I'll probably buy a box a day... why must I be this way! Lol

The wife's buying us each one on her way from work :D

2am eastern and 2:15 eastern those codes shall be sent!

What's all this talk about times? I bought and mailed 5 cards today some codes. So once i get the codes, I have to input them on their site at an ideal time to win!?

So the codes themselves aren't coded to win or lose but the timeframes you put the codes in are!?

What's all this talk about times? I bought and mailed 5 cards today some codes. So once i get the codes, I have to input them on their site at an ideal time to win!?

So the codes themselves aren't coded to win or lose but the timeframes you put the codes in are!?

I believe taco bell give aways are 1 every 15 minutes. Not exactly sure how it works but I remember here on gaf it seemed like every 15 min it gave it to one random code sent.

Please post if it works. I may try one too after you.

Oh of course!

I believe taco bell give aways are 1 every 15 minutes. Not exactly sure how it works but I remember here on gaf it seemed like every 15 min it gave it to one random code sent.

Oh of course!

So does that mean if I have 5 codes I can enter them minutes from each other and have a higher chance of winning or am I regulated to only being able to enter 1 code per day!!?

Sorry for all the questions, I want myself am Xbox X!!!

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
I don't drive right now and I work 1:30PM-9:30PM on average. I think I'll swing by Taco Bell each of my days off for the next few weeks. Saturday, Wednesday, Friday, and then whatever comes next. I'll give this a few shots and hope for the best. Good tip re: trying late into the night/super-early in the morning.

So does that mean if I have 5 codes I can enter them minutes from each other and have a higher chance of winning or am I regulated to only being able to enter 1 code per day!!?

Sorry for all the questions, I want myself am Xbox X!!!

You can only do one per day per person.

Gonna go to taco Bell tomorrow after work and try this out. I've never one anything so it'd be awesome if I won something. I do have an X preordered already but to win one...

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Not sure if it's been stated in the thread, but no purchase is necessary to enter this. Like all (most?) previous Taco Bell contests, you can get a free code daily by mail or online once a day and enter it for a chance to win. This is how I won a copy of Overwatch and a headset last year playing daily.

Details at the rules page https://www.tacobell.com/xbox/rules

Rflagg

Not sure if it's been stated in the thread, but no purchase is necessary to enter this. Like all (most?) previous Taco Bell contests, you can get a free code daily by mail or online once a day and enter it for a chance to win. This is how I won a copy of Overwatch and a headset last year playing daily.

Details at the rules page https://www.tacobell.com/xbox/rules

Sure I will try try my hand at this.

Edit: I see the free online codes don't start until 9-22

Syriel

Never tried Taco Bell, not sure if we even have 'em here in the UK?

What exactly is a 'Steak Quesarito'?

Fake Mexican food made by an American fast food chain that is cheap and decent enough to count as comfort food, but would never compete with authentic cuisine.

Arkage

Banned
Sure I will try try my hand at this.

Edit: I see the free online codes don't start until 9-22

Yep, which is pretty shitty IMO. I usually do the online once a day but they've severely limited the window. And I really don't care enough to mail out postcards, nor have enough time to eat there for lunch. And wife won't want it for supper. Ugh.

Well..I got a box and texted the code.

...Still waiting for a response. Last time I played (PS4?) I got a message instantly.

EDIT: Entered the code on the website. Didn't win. Oh well.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Just put in a code and got the winner screen. Never won any contest in my life. Considering how much of it I ate in high school, Taco Bell owed me this one.

Holy shit, I just won! Entered the code at 3:46 CT. I've got a spare for the first person to PM me.

I'm not going back to sleep now.

Edit: Code has been claimed.

Edit 2: Anyone know what the verification process is like? My fiancé technically won since we entered the first (of 2) codes on her phone so we gave all her info on the winner form. I don't want her to miss a random call or email though and end up getting disqualified. Maybe just being paranoid though.

Kalnoky

I don't even like Taco Bell that much but always get way hyped for these promotions, haha. Went pretty hard on the Overwatch one last year and never won.

GOOD JOB MARKETING. IT'S WORKING.

gamz

Holy shit, I just won! Entered the code at 3:46 CT. I've got a spare for the first person to PM me.

Edit 2: Anyone know what the verification process is like? My fiancé technically won since we entered the first (of 2) codes on her phone so we gave all her info on the winner form. I don't want her to miss a random call or email though and end up getting disqualified. Maybe just being paranoid though.

That's awesome. I never win squat!

I entered my code in at 2 30am and no response, texted HELP and still no response.. tried again at 5 am and got a response and a sorry try again text. So if your not getting a text back try again later I suppose.

The gold ps4 a couple years ago, iirc it was practically nonexistent. Definitely no calls, maybe an email with a deadline to respond or something. I'll go back and check in a bit.

EDIT: Yeah I went back and looked and all I got was a verified winner email. Looked like this:

lmmZaFp.png

And then it showed up a couple months later. The email included a CS number that I called a couple weeks later just to make sure I wasn't missing anything that I needed to do.

The gold ps4 a couple years ago, iirc it was practically nonexistent. Definitely no calls, maybe an email with a deadline to respond or something. I'll go back and check in a bit.

EDIT: Yeah I went back and looked and all I got was a verified winner email. Looked like this:

And then it showed up a couple months later. The email included a CS number that I called a couple weeks later just to make sure I wasn't missing anything that I needed to do.

Ok, awesome. Thanks, this was really informative. I already sent them an email from my fiance's account asking if they needed anything for verification lol.

Anyone know what the verification process is like? My fiancé technically won since we entered the first (of 2) codes on her phone so we gave all her info on the winner form. I don't want her to miss a random call or email though and end up getting disqualified. Maybe just being paranoid though.
Congrats! When I won the Overwatch Taco Bell promotion, I definitely didn't get a call...maybe there was an email I had to respond to, but I don't remember such a thing and I have no record of it in my Gmail archives. I wouldn't worry about missing anything.

Edit -- late.

M.W.

Congrats Art. I'm going to try to get some codes today and do the same thing, i.e. Enter early in the AM lol

Bsigg12

Just put in a code and got the winner screen. Never won any contest in my life. Considering how much of it I ate in high school, Taco Bell owed me this one.

Congrats guys! I will definitely be trying in that 3am-5am range.

I feel like taco bell caters to their demographic better than almost any other modern corporation.

I went their for breakfast today and noticed the giveaway had started. Will likely go back for lunch.

lol.

Woah! Congrats man! Pass some of your extra codes my way ;p lol I didn't put my code in till 3:45 pacific so I blame my loss on that hahaha next time

RawNuts

Congrats to both of you!

Always makes me happy to see GAF members winning these.

I'll be monitoring this thread for when people win and post their times! I tried so hard to win a couple years ago and didn't get shit :(

Top Bottom