• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NiGHTS (Wii): New screens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Segata Sanshiro said:
Of course, but can we get one ****ing thread about this game without it turning into this bullshit? It's ri-goddam-diculous.

We should have a LAIR-NiGHTS mega combined thread. Like when you're little and you have co-birthday parties with your friends. Because your parents are cheap and won't give you your own party. And you have it at their house with the pool water that was so ****ing cold I burned myself.

Innotech

Banned
I think it looks stylistically gorgeous and I cant ****ing wait for this game. It looks fine to me and from the gameplay video, it plays like NiGHTS. THAT IS ALL THAT MATTERS TO NIGHTS FANS AT THIS POINT.

Its true this isnt on the level of Mario Galaxy, but nintendo devleopers are clearly freaks and they hasve unlocked a second core in the wii. Sega devs have not yet found that. But considering that this game might not have ever existed if not for the wii, Im glad Sega is making it. graphics level be damned.

AdmiralViscen said:
Well maybe if it was on 36---
No, then you'd just have the Nintendo guys bitching about how it would be so well suited to motion control.

Man alive people, just let the game be what it is, then take it or leave it. I shouldn't have to go places other than a gaming discussion board to discuss a game without the harpies descending.

Tobor

Y2Kev said:
We should have a LAIR-NiGHTS mega combined thread. Like when you're little and you have co-birthday parties with your friends. Because your parents are cheap and won't give you your own party. And you have it at their house with the pool water that was so ****ing cold I burned myself.

Was the water deep or was it shallow? :lol

Do we know anything about the gameplay of NiGHTS yet?

Innotech

Banned
Segata Sanshiro said:
No, then you'd just have the Nintendo guys bitching about how it would be so well suited to motion control.

Man alive people, just let the game be what it is, then take it or leave it. I shouldn't have to go places other than a gaming discussion board to discuss a game without the harpies descending.

thisisneogaf.gif

Innotech said:
Its true this isnt on the level of Mario Galaxy, but nintendo devleopers are clearly freaks and they hasve unlocked a second core in the wii.

They will unlock after Silicon Knights move "TOO HUMAN" to the Wii and after Denis Dyack sues Nintendo for assuring him that the Wii was capable of Xbox 1 graphics.

Segata Sanshiro said:

I hope you know I'm just messing around.

My cat must be dreaming, she's curled up next to me making little whining noises.

AdmiralViscen said:
I hope you know I'm just messing around.

My cat must be dreaming, she's curled up next to me making little whining noises.
Oh, I know AV, I just saw the chance to address my point from another angle.

Segata Sanshiro said:
Of course, but can we get one ****ing thread about this game without it turning into this bullshit? It's ri-goddam-diculous.

You should see the Disgaea 3 thread.

The game looks terrible, but the experience of Nights and the appeal of the Wii has never been about graphics, so it's not too much to worry about.

But that first post...man that was cruel.

Innotech

Banned
Sho_Nuff82 said:

The game looks terrible, but the experience of Nights and the appeal of the Wii has never been about graphics, so it's not too much to worry about.

not really if you have been following NiGHTS info at all youd know those new pics were CG and 2 new in game shots. I think they showed up earlier on IGN so I knew what to expect.

Innotech

Banned
Tobor said:
So...is this still on rails?

yes, thankfully.
But it seems a bit less restricted than the original so thats a good direction to go.
But it pretty much has to remain confined to rails to retain the score attack aspects of gameplay.

Sho_Nuff82 said:

I saw it. It was indeed a mess. But at least that's still just one thread. NiGHTS 2 has had no less than four threads shitted up in exactly the same fashion, and mostly by the same culprits.

Sadly, I don't think Dis3 is done with its hazing, either. :/

Monk

Banned
super-mario-galaxy-20070711110616131.jpg

Mario Galaxy
61x20yw.jpg

Nights at a more reasonable resolution

EDIT: Looking at these two together, i think i blame the idiot who decided to release high resolution screenshots.

Segata Sanshiro said:
I saw it. It was indeed a mess. But at least that's still just one thread. NiGHTS 2 has had no less than four threads shitted up in exactly the same fashion, and mostly by the same culprits.

This is every Wii thread though. It will continue for as long as HD-only dudes are intimidated by it.

Innotech

Banned
Segata Sanshiro said:

Disgaea3 was a bit different in that it really should be on either Ps2 or PSP because it doesnt in any way utilize the Ps3 hardware advantages and its fanbase is mostly located on Ps2/PSP. but thats another story. NiGHTS is different in that it really couldnt be done anywhere else because of the wii remote controls and utilizing the wii forecast channel feature.

Pachael

Segata Sanshiro said:
Ah good, another NiGHTS thread lost to ****ing asshole system warriors. Let me know when your guys' favourite games come out so I can eat a big bowl of chile and come over to your house to shit in your lap.

Mario Galaxy should be out soon! Avenge the defeat NiGHTS had pitted against Super Mario 64! You can do it!

karasu

Smiles and Cries said:
Damn SEGA

Black Children have dreams too :(

it's 2007 and I'm ready for the Next Million Man March I swear!

They don't want to hang with that creepy ass thing.

Innotech

Banned
Pachael said:
Mario Galaxy should be out soon! Avenge the defeat NiGHTS had pitted against Super Mario 64! You can do it!
Im kind of upset that after 11 years, NiGHTS2 is once again releasing the same time Mario Galaxy is. I hope this time, its not as overlooked. Im buying both games and it will be the best week ever. (I will seriously play NiGHTS JOD for hours before I even touch Mario Galaxy)

Segata Sanshiro said:
On the 1% chance this happens Kevtones...I will kill myself. And when my tainted spirit reaches its destination, I will topple the master of that dark place. From my black throne, I will lash together a machine of bone and blood, and fueled by my hatred for you this fear engine will bore a hole between this world and that one.

When it begins you will hear the sound of children screaming - as though from a great distance. A smoking orb of nothing will grow above your bed, and from it will emerge a thousand starving crows. As I slip through the widening maw in my new form, you will catch only a glimpse of my radiance before you are incinerated. Then, as tears of bubbling pitch stream down my face, my dark work will begin.

I will open one of my six mouths, and I will sing the song that ends the Earth.
That was from a Penny Arcade strip, was it not?

Segata Sanshiro said:
Yup. It's an utterly fantastic bit of speech.
It's those types of lines that make me wish I were more of a wordsmith. I really wish that more lovecraft style fiction reached that level. It's so sad that it doesn't.

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
Man, it's going to be funny when 2010 rolls around and the usual suspects are still scrambling to defend Wii graphics.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Segata Sanshiro said:

Um, well... The thread starter kind of asked for it really. All the CG screens, then 2 in game shots, in game shots where there's not much to look at either. Felt like a set up in a way.

Monk

Banned
underfooter said:

Why is a game being easy to play, a negative point around here. Gaming is about fun, not how big your gaming penis can get. As long as you enjoy the game what is wrong with a game being easy?

fernoca

underfooter said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uW8Ulku0u2k

check that out guys, its a lot of gameplay footage.

....and it looks particularly

1) bad
2) pointless
3) ugly
4) easy
5) awkward

Sega needs to delay this thing or its gonna be a steaming pile.

???
It looks like the original Saturn game with updated visuals....and a lot more better than the actual trailer Sega released, which was that same trailer ..but with no music...

underfooter said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uW8Ulku0u2k

check that out guys, its a lot of gameplay footage.

....and it looks particularly

1) bad
2) pointless
3) ugly
4) easy
5) awkward

Sega needs to delay this thing or its gonna be a steaming pile.
They deffinatly f***** with the gameflow. Either that or that person just sucks. Nah, the spacing between stuff just goes dead. If Sega messes this game up
graphics aside
they will have burned their last bridge as far as I'm concerned, an admitted Sega absolute whore back in the day. :(

fernoca said:
???
It looks like the original Saturn game with updated visuals....and a lot more better than the actual trailer Sega released, which was that same trailer ..but with no music...
Have you played the original?

Here's some reference material in case you haven't.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wRpbI00EvQ

Please don't tell me they look the same after comparing the two. : /
** off to play the classic** Soo much sweet butter in that vid. :)

captain wow said:
This thread should be restricted to nights fans.

I'm a Nights fan but this look like shit. I have NiGHTS and Xmas NiGHTS for the Saturn. I bet 99% of the Nintendo fans never played a NiGHTS game and didn't even know about it until it was announced for the Wii.

I think people need to be able to distinguish between something that looks nice and something that doesnt look as good as something else. This game looks no worse than mario sunshine or sonic adventure two. It looks fine. The fact that these games are not the graphical equal of the new ratchet and clank does not all of a sudden make them look shit. They look good and other things look better.

meppi

Phoenix Fang said:
I bet 99% of the Nintendo fans never played a NiGHTS game and didn't even know about it until it was announced for the Wii.

I bet this hyperbole has a 99% possibility of having been pulled out of someone's ass.

FightyF

Banned
Should be fun if Wii controls are used to their full potential...

...but I do wish SEGA made a PS3 version with Sixaxis support...and crazy next gen visuals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom